Alternatives-accountability & motivation

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • This is maybe a stupid question, and a little OT, but how do I know which products are "IP alternatives" on the NN website? Is there a particular brand on the website I should be focused on? Thanks so much!
  • Quote: There is a great chart on the alternative thread to help you determine that
    Hey Lisa - Could ythat chart be made Sticky at the top of the Alternative thread or add it to the Daily Chat links? It seems to be a hugely popular question.

Of course if one is considering/doing alts it is imperative to read that thread anyway, but it still would be nice for it to be easily accessible as a sticky.

I would do it but don't know how!
  • Ah sorry for posting in here before. I didn't realise this was a diet program thread. I just found it on the recent posts list.
  • Good Morning All,

I actually started the program last year on all IP products until it was getting too expensive. When it started getting to expensive I stopped all together didnt phase out and gained 40 lbs back. So my restart I am now using all alternative products and following the protocol but I feel more at ease because I no longer have to worry about quitting due to cost. I log on here for my daily inspiration and weigh myself weekly. Im headed to Disney next week for a week long vacation so wish me luck. I packed all my foods and vitamins just hoping I can stay strong and make it through the week. Last years Disney trip I did ok. Every morning I walked 4 miles and of course walking through the parks daily helped as well. So when I did slip here and there I didnt beat myself up because who can resist being on vacation and not being able to enjoy the good stuff to an extent. Needless to say I did have a small lost the week I returned and was happy it wasnt a gain. So with that said keep the inspiration coming and we can all do this!
  • Quote: Darb, what did you order for alts? I am now switching to alternatives, but am clueless as to what to buy from Nashua. help me please?

For non-restricted: blueberry pancake, oatmeal, chocolate cake, pasta, wild berry shake, Irish cream hot coco, chocolate chip sweet roll…all run between 90-130 calories and 15ish protein and under 7 carbs (I also do the ranch protein chips sometimes and they are higher in carbs, but have fiber)

Restricted…love all the bars…especially peanut butter (creamy ones) and the dark chocolate wafers.
  • Quote: Hey Lisa - Could ythat chart be made Sticky at the top of the Alternative thread or add it to the Daily Chat links? It seems to be a hugely popular question.

Of course if one is considering/doing alts it is imperative to read that thread anyway, but it still would be nice for it to be easily accessible as a sticky.

I would do it but don't know how!
    I can't find the alternative chart.... / thread (listing of products) I think it would be a good idea to have this made a sticky at the top of Ideal Protein. Just me suggestion Deb
  • Link to alternatives thread
    The chart is in there.
    I'll pull & link it when I'm at my computer. Much easier there than iPad
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

And I added links to the first post of the daily chat.
  • For my alternative peeps, Nashua Nutrition is offering 10% off ProtiDiet this week with code PD10.
  • Quote: This is maybe a stupid question, and a little OT, but how do I know which products are "IP alternatives" on the NN website? Is there a particular brand on the website I should be focused on? Thanks so much!
    For NN…I use the following guidelines…so I look at a product and if interested..

NON-restricted: calories under 130…carbs under 7 (unless fiber…subtract off to get under 7) and protein 15

Restricted: calories 160-190 range…carbs under 18…protein 15 or more

I hope this helps…good luck
  • Quote: This is maybe a stupid question, and a little OT, but how do I know which products are "IP alternatives" on the NN website? Is there a particular brand on the website I should be focused on? Thanks so much!
    Here is the chart to help you determine if it is "IP compatible" or not

• Thank gosh for this IP Alternatives page!
    I got tired of being at the mercy of my not so good coach...who has never been overweight a day in his life. I always felt rushed and that I couldn't ask questions. So for the 3rd time that he was late showing up at his office while I waited for him I said BYE BYE! and it started getting too expensive.
    I have been cutting and pasting info from this page and can't wait to start my ordering
    Thanks gals for all the info!!
  • McKaren4 - I'm a little anxious on venturing out and using alternatives but with all the folks here that have had great success I won't look back at my not so good IP coach who was always late while I waited
    Love the chi pic by the way!
  • Quote: McKaren4 - I'm a little anxious on venturing out and using alternatives but with all the folks here that have had great success I won't look back at my not so good IP coach who was always late while I waited
    Love the chi pic by the way!
    You'll do great just keep coming back to 3FC when you have questions or need a boost!
  • It can guess that it is hard for people to do this IP program without a coach and that is fine. What works, works.

What doesn't seem OK is the abuse that some coaches deal out to their customers. If the exchange of money is involved, they have business commitments to meet.

Maybe it is hard to come down on someone for whom you depend on support, but I would think saying to Mr. Coach who is late something like "Mr. Coach, I have noticed that this is the third time you have been late meeting me for an appointment which we mutually set. My time is very valuable and I expect that you will here for our appointments. If not, I will expect that you will refund me what I have paid as you have not been able to complete our business as agreed."

You are PAYING him, make him accountable!
  • Daily Video
    Quote: Due to costs-I am going to go on alternatives but I am scared to do so
    because I will lose my motivational daily videos and my weekly accountability with my coach. However that's a lot of $ for a weekly weigh and measure and a daily video. How do those of you on alternatives deal with accountability and motivation?
    Where were you able to access the daily videos?