Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Well week one complete as today is my official weigh in day. Down 8.2 pounds and am pretty stoked about it! It has definitely become easier now that everything has fallen into place. I am not hungry and only have the occasional craving when I'm cooking my husband and 4 kids dinner! It's a little lonely at meal time since I'm eating so differently but it's time to get all this baby weight gone for good.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday morning everyone!

I'd like to say that it's good that the rest of the country, and parts of the US, are finally feeling what winter feels like for us here in Winnipeg but really, I don't wish this on anyone Hopefully this arctic weather will go away soon!

I'm off to hit some thrift stores today with my mom and sister. I not only need clothes for Mexico - 22 days and counting! - but I made a decision that I don't want to wear the clothes that are too big for me anymore so I need pretty much everything. I was still wearing 1x, size 16 and 18's and I am definitely pretty solid in a 14. So no more "saggy butt" for me My mom is buying lunch and because she knows about IP, told me I could pick where we go.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Jo
Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Blondie, Way to go! Fantastic WI. Glad that things are getting into a groove for you.

Purple monster, sounds like a really fun day. I got rid of my saggy butt over the holidays too, so nice to be able to find pants easily. Kudos to your mom for being supportive.

Good WI for me, 193.5. Clinic is allowing me to come in every three weeks for official WI and coaching.You have to re-up for 250.00 every 12 sessions, which I really did not want to do. Going every 3 weeks should take me closer to goal. I have lost 30.5 inches which is cool!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Good Saturday AM everyone!

I want to say thanks to all the dancing carrots and WTG for finally crossing into ONEderland!!! I am still there today LOL.

It is "balmy" now but the temps are going to drop like a lead weight and then it is stay in side and no go out unless we must for the next 3 - 4 days!!!

I dropped $230 in groceries yesterday. I should be set for a while I hope!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

BBBBrrrrrrrrrr in Upstate NY too. Hubby drove niece to Boston yesterday and then drove to Buffalo today, so glad I didn't have to go. I am hibernating. lol Still going into ketosis, should be all the way by monday Keep warm, stay OP
Old 01-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #21  

Height: 6'

Day 3 for me and finally the headache from my reboot is gone. I know that I need to check in here every single day, several times a day to keep on track. You lovely peeps keep me on track. Not looking forward to the crazy weather that is going to hit Chicago this weekend. The grocery store was a zoo this morning. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #22  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone! It's a sunny day in the NW. I'm going out to lunch with my daughter, a friend of hers from college and her mom. It'll be my first time eating out since starting IP 10 days ago and I am super nervous. We are going to Anthony's (seafood) so hoping it'll be easy to get a piece of fish and veggies. My oldest is heading back to school tomorrow night, so we'll be having some of her favorite foods that she doesn't get on campus...seafood is her favorite. My family is being really supportive and they get that mom can't have certain things and are being great about trying lots of new things with me. Since I'm eating out at lunch, it'll be packet for me tonight, so they can have something I can't have tonight and then we'll do healthy tomorrow. I think eventually getting them to all eat more like me will be better for everyone, but they are still young and growing and don't have weight issues AT ALL, if anything, my son needs to gain. He's a growing 14 year old boy, thin and very active in sports.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #23  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Jen Seafood has been a godsend to me. It breaks up all the chicken I eat! LOL Grilled shrimp is a treat! I like to sauté them in a frying pan with a little EVOO and some peppers or even toss them on a salad with some WF dressing.

A few weeks ago I stir fried them in the WF Asian dressing with garlic, tri colored peppers and added onions at the very end. Great meal.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186.4/179.0/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm working through day 4 and am not having a hard time on the plan yet. I've been lucky to be home for the first 5 days of the plan so I'm very happy about that. It's learning a whole new system but so far so good . Reading everyone's posts is very helpful!!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #25  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Rdexter... The best advice I got early on was:

-stick faithfully to the protocol
-make friends with 3 fat chicks!

You are on your way!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #26  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I am so excited for everyone on this site. Welcome to the newcomers that are just starting IP. I know that it is a struggle in the beginning but wow it gets to be so easy and you will feel amazing. The compliments you will get will make it seem like the best thing you have ever done for yourself.
I know talking from experience when I go out to eat now I just choose salad and steamed veggies and a steak or chicken. I love eating salad at a restaraunt and bringing my WF dressings with me in my purse. I don't go anywhere without them. I even leave them in my car but now that it's below zero they are freezing so I need to bring them in now.
I'm meeting friends to watch football this afternoon at Ground Round and I just ask for a plate of celerey and have my WF Ranch with and it is so nice to be able to hang with friends.....
Enjoy and see what a change will be made in your life and confidence when you have IP by your side......
Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #27  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
... I'm excited to dive into a new book I grabbed yesterday on the sale rack at Barnes and Noble. It's called A Course In Weightloss: 21 Spiritual Lessons for Surrendering Your Weight forever. I hope it's a good read, looked interesting! Here's a link to in on B&N.http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cour...=9781401921538
I've studied A Course In Miracles (ACIM) for several years. I've read several Marianne Williamson books and listened to her audibles. Here's my two cents. Don't be discouraged if the concepts in the books are difficult. For one reason, ACIM is heavy and most people need a study group to understand. Also, as with many books on spirituality which serve to "re-package" spiritual concepts from the bible or in this case, ACIM, Marianne attempts to present the ideas in simpler or more modern terms than the original source. But, IMO, she doesn't always make it easier or more interesting.... She is accused of churning out books and looking toward weight loss and new age spirituality for marketing angles.

There is another book where the author describes addiction as everything we do without including God in our thoughts. The author describes addiction as the gateway to spirituality and explains that our addictions drive us to find our spirituality. My point is that any book, idea, or activity that brings you to discover your spirituality is great. On the other hand, if it doesn't move you spiritually just let it go and find another angle/perspective.

Whereas, I enjoy ACIM and the spiritual concepts Marianne and others write about, they don't agree with everyone and therefore may not serve their needs in the way of weight loss. If you read the B&N reviews of her book, about half the comments are from people who found no connection to this form of spirituality and/or form of emotional connection to food.

My one criticism of Marianne is that she assumes her audience should get on board with ACIM concepts to lose weight and keep it off. We all know that is not the case.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #28  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I am so excited for everyone on this site. Welcome to the newcomers that are just starting IP. I know that it is a struggle in the beginning but wow it gets to be so easy and you will feel amazing. The compliments you will get will make it seem like the best thing you have ever done for yourself.
I know talking from experience when I go out to eat now I just choose salad and steamed veggies and a steak or chicken. I love eating salad at a restaraunt and bringing my WF dressings with me in my purse. I don't go anywhere without them. I even leave them in my car but now that it's below zero they are freezing so I need to bring them in now.
I'm meeting friends to watch football this afternoon at Ground Round and I just ask for a plate of celerey and have my WF Ranch with and it is so nice to be able to hang with friends.....
Enjoy and see what a change will be made in your life and confidence when you have IP by your side......
It sure does get easier! So happy and grateful and relieved that I found this programme. It has been my liberation!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #29  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Warning Rant
a customer just brought one of my coworkers a rum cake. Fine I'm good with that I can avoid it. Not a big fan of the rum cakes but this WITCH with a B keeps going on and on about how delicious it is and don't I want to break the rules and have a piece??? GRRRR NO I don't want a piece, SHUT UP!

okay i'm done. Thank you for reading :x
Old 01-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #30  
Started IP May 17, 2013

saboteurs are not nice....grrrr'ing for you!
Closed Thread