3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/4 - Sun 1/5/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/291230-ip-weekend-chat-sat-1-4-sun-1-5-2014-a.html)

Diana B 01-05-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4911171)
Thanks...I tried! Honestly, I didn't want a salad. I feel like I've had my fill lately! We were trying to pick a place on the waterfront to be central between the two families meeting. (We are in Washington). The girls had originally wanted sushi, but then I gave them 4 choices of places that I knew I could find something to eat. I even looked at the menus online and made sure. Then they chose this one (because my daughter LOVES seafood, especially steamed clams...which is odd because I craved them like crazy when I was pregnant with her). Anyway, I figured I could get fish and steamed veggies and be find. Oh well. I am glad I stayed on plan! There are TONS of things there that I've had before that are wonderful...and far from plan!

Too bad about the unaccommodating waiter....if that was Anthony's Home Port, with the prices they charge, they should be way more accommodating :?: good for you sticking to your plan :carrot:

bythesea52 01-05-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4911998)
i need some :dust:

Sending :dust: and a :grouphug:

mrsdavis55 01-05-2014 09:10 PM

Hello all,
I am starting IP for the second time tomorrow, January 6, 2014.
I completed the program 2 years who, and lost weight. I maintained it all until the last 6 months or so. Problems at home, new job stress, etc. caused me to eat emotionally (fast food, late nights, and sweets!) I didn't realize it until about 2 weeks ago. Clothes that fit me a month ago are no longer fitting. I'm disgusted that I let this happen.
I have been preparing myself and my household for is IP Part II and I am ready! This blog helped me last time with motivational speakers as well as ideas for revamping my veggies. Looking forward to the journey again! :D

blondie739 01-05-2014 09:24 PM

Thanks Lisa, don't know why I didn't think of that! My husband is currently going through the day 2 hunger, has no idea how he's going to make it. I told him it really does pass but I don't think he believes me. Are men suppose to be on a different regimen? I thought I saw somewhere that men get an extra packet or protein a day.

lisa32989 01-05-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie739 (Post 4912037)
Thanks Lisa, don't know why I didn't think of that! My husband is currently going through the day 2 hunger, has no idea how he's going to make it. I told him it really does pass but I don't think he believes me. Are men suppose to be on a different regimen? I thought I saw somewhere that men get an extra packet or protein a day.

people just starting out are allowed an extra unrestricted packet.
Also, depending on weight, we are also allowed extra packet(s)

PurpleMomster 01-05-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4911746)
It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.

Happy, happy birthday - hope it was a great one! :woo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4911953)
It is -31 C where I live right now...and the dogs still insisted on a walk!
Environment Canada forecast for tonight:
Dangerous wind chills of minus 45 to minus 50 persisting into Monday. Wind chills are expected to remain in the minus 40 to minus 45 range this through tonight into Monday ...

Yes and I have to figure out how to get my son home from school tomorrow in that. <sigh>

Jo

Jenny38 01-05-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4911746)
It's my birthday, my birthday my birthday - and I am blessed with my health and family!

With a weight loss of 30lbs (and determination to lose more) I know 2014 will be a great year. I do know it is best to stick to IP 100%- it is a plan that works and cuts the craving. Cheating and extra's make it harder for yourself.

Happy birthday! 2014 will be a great year full of health and happiness.

sarahBell 01-05-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4912000)
sarahbell
:dust: :hug:

Thank you so much!! I am going to need more for the next few days I can tell :(

BTW you are smokin in that dress!! Too cute OMG! You look so happy in your picture! You smile speaks volume!

jendilly 01-05-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana B (Post 4912017)
Too bad about the unaccommodating waiter....if that was Anthony's Home Port, with the prices they charge, they should be way more accommodating :?: good for you sticking to your plan :carrot:

It was Anthony's Home Port. Has always been one of my favorites and also a favorite of my daughters. Yes, it was $18 for a small piece of salmon and a few green beans. Lesson learned for sure!

nolasmurf 01-05-2014 11:22 PM

:thanks:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4912111)
Thank you so much!! I am going to need more for the next few days I can tell :(

BTW you are smokin in that dress!! Too cute OMG! You look so happy in your picture! You smile speaks volume!

:thanks: ;)

SarahJ86 01-05-2014 11:37 PM

The oil is absolutely necessary! Non negotiable. Your body needs the fat to survive (even though it is burning fat)
You can put it in a smoothie (if you're bending with veggies), add it to soup, make homemade salad dressing (EVOO, ACV, and herbs of choice). My lunches for MONTHS were an IP soup with veggie purée. I added oil to it.

Thank you! I sautéed some veggies for lunch cause I felt so horrible. I added a little more than it says and I feel soooo much better tonight omg. I actually feel normal. I really think that was my problem this week wow.

2much2do 01-06-2014 12:41 AM

Strike two on the caulimash. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if I just really hate it. This time I used my Blend-Tec, so I know it was mashed really well. It just has such a strong cabbagey-taste! I even put a tiny bit of turkey gravy on it (since everyone else was having mashed potatoes with their turkey). That helped a little, but I would have needed a lot of gravy to make them palatable. Granted, they had cooled a bit. Maybe they're better when super hot. I sure wish I liked them!

Sashadee 01-06-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4911845)
Happy Birthday, I too am a Capricorn ( January 7th).

Applebees, I had a 7 oz grilled steak (nothing added) and a double order of broccoli, steamed nothing added.

January 8th birthday here!! Go capricorns!

I fell off the wagon on Saturday at my friends baby shower and definitely felt it in my mood the next day. I've realized that carbs make me grouchy. but I'm back 100% today. I agree that cheating just makes it harder on myself.

I'm Going out to dinner for my birthday on Wednesday with some friends. We're going to a Vietnamese restaurant with a huge menu so Im going to stick with plain grilled fish and veggies. Or maybe the 'roll your own spring roll' plate. It comes with tons of veggies and steamed fish. I plan to bring my own WF sesame ginger dressing and I just won't use the spring roll wraps.

Happy Monday everyone!

Sashadee 01-06-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahJ86 (Post 4912141)
The oil is absolutely necessary! Non negotiable. Your body needs the fat to survive (even though it is burning fat)
You can put it in a smoothie (if you're bending with veggies), add it to soup, make homemade salad dressing (EVOO, ACV, and herbs of choice). My lunches for MONTHS were an IP soup with veggie purée. I added oil to it.

Thank you! I sautéed some veggies for lunch cause I felt so horrible. I added a little more than it says and I feel soooo much better tonight omg. I actually feel normal. I really think that was my problem this week wow.

Hooray Sarah! I'm glad you're feeling better!