New Year 2014 Starter

• I am just beginning this program. I was introduced to the plan by my cousin who has lost almost 80 lbs. I am going to stay positive and focused. I am looking forward to learning about nutrition and self control in the coming months.
    I am trying to figure out the best means to success, so if you share what has worked for you, I would be very appreciative.
    Happy New Year & Happy New You! ~Sonie
  • Hi sonie and welcome! If you pop over to the Welcome Ideal Protein Newcomers thread there's a ton of information.

Also, be sure to check out the daily chat, especially the first post - it has tons of information about receipes, tricks, strategies, etc.

You'll love it here - lots of people who will give you a ton of support and information.
  • Thank you for your post. I am trying to figure out where to find everything.
  • No problem - it can be confusing at first, you'll get it all sorted out!
  • Welcome Sonie. This is a great program. You are in the right place for all the support you can get
  • I am just starting today too! I am clueless!! Good luck to you!
  • New Too!
    Super excited to have found such a great support community. Today is my first day on IP!
  • Quote: I am just starting today too! I am clueless!! Good luck to you!
    Quote: Super excited to have found such a great support community. Today is my first day on IP!
    Welcome to both of you! IP is a great program and this is the best place to get support! Congrats on taking control of your health!
  • Thank you for the warm welcome and congratulations on your success; 95 lbs-WOW!
    I know this board will help me stay focused!
  • Quote: Thank you for the warm welcome and congratulations on your success; 95 lbs-WOW!
    I know this board will help me stay focused!
    TY bluegingham! You are exactly right - this board has been a huge motivator and inspiration to me, not to mention all the education I've been getting! I don't think I would be nearly as successful on IP without all these wonderful people. If someone had told me 8 months ago that I would weigh 95 pounds less by early January I don't think I would have believed them. But it's been a great journey so far and, even better, I feel great!
  • 2014 Starters - new thread starting monthly!
    The May, June, July, August, September Starters have gathered together as the Summer 2014 Starters for the past several months, and we think we'd like to be more open and invite any 2014 Starters to join us for conversation and support that's pertinent to those of us who have been on IP for 5 months or more.

Of course, like all the 3FC threads, everyone is always welcome to join in on our Summer 2014 thread, but I am posting here today to especially invite the 2014 Starters to join the Summer 2014 gang -- we have a few Winter, Spring and Fall IPeeps who have already made our thread a frequent hang out, and we'd like you all to know you are welcome!

Those of us who started IP in 2014 are at varying stages of diet fatigue, or we're slugging thru the last 10 pounds to reach goal, about to dip toes into phasing off, or actually in P4 and dealing with the challenge of lifestyle change for life. We have found that 3FC IP support has really been a critical success factor for us, and we are thinking that continued support will make a big difference to us in keeping the losses off.

We are inspired by the Oct/Nov 2013 group (O/N 2013) that has continued to hang out together for going on 2 years, and we see their good results in maintenance! If we collaborate, we can create that kind of long term success, too!

Please note - this is not an attempt to divert attention from the IP Community Weekday and Weekend Chats -- those threads are such a good way for all of us to pay it forward for the benefit of newcomers, and to provide general support across the whole IP community - Lisa is so committed to providing leadership in those threads by keeping the initial postings with all the links to resources fresh and informative, and most all of us IPeeps feel it is important to pass along the support we have received there -- it has been invaluable. So don't pass it the IP Community threads up!!!

Most of the 2014 monthly starter threads no longer show up on page 1 of the Ideal Protein sub forum, but we believe there are plenty of you out there still working your journey -- So do look for the new thread of 2014 Starters tomorrow, and come join us!
  • This was a lovely post oneuh2.