Old 01-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #391  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
swimcoachmama
Quest Bars bother many people.
They're almost too good.
Amen to that. They are kryptonite to me--even locking them up in the trunk of my car is futile. Sighhhhh
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #392  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Day 3 and I feel so much better. I didn't get the nasty migraine and nausea yesterday after lunch like I did on day 1. Thinking about it a little more, I'm pretty sure it was caffeine withdrawal, because I'm a Diet Pepsi addict and my body didn't like quitting cold turkey.

So I've never had these Quest bars, and after reading these posts, I'm kind of afraid to try them if they're that good, but still intrigued. Can you get them at Walmart, or do you have to order them online?

And speaking of online ordering, is there anyone who hasn't used Diet Direct before and wants to receive a $20 credit on an order of $75 or more? I tend to order from them as they offer free shipping at $49 and I would love to refer someone and so we can each earn $20. Just pm me if you're interested and I'll give you the details

Hope everyone has a great day
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #393  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies-
Day 9 ob Reboot.
So happy to be shopping in my own closet of favorite Duds.
While I was losing weight I turned into quite the little shopper....so it is necessary for me to stay at my goal weight.
Also it is so nice to be able to share my teenage daughter's closet too !
Now I just need to look into getting a Personal trainer to help whip me in shape before Spring comes.
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #394  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good morning everyone! Day 3 and I feel so much better. I didn't get the nasty migraine and nausea yesterday after lunch like I did on day 1. Thinking about it a little more, I'm pretty sure it was caffeine withdrawal, because I'm a Diet Pepsi addict and my body didn't like quitting cold turkey.

So I've never had these Quest bars, and after reading these posts, I'm kind of afraid to try them if they're that good, but still intrigued. Can you get them at Walmart, or do you have to order them online?

And speaking of online ordering, is there anyone who hasn't used Diet Direct before and wants to receive a $20 credit on an order of $75 or more? I tend to order from them as they offer free shipping at $49 and I would love to refer someone and so we can each earn $20. Just pm me if you're interested and I'll give you the details

Hope everyone has a great day
I feel your pain...I was a diet coke addict, but no more

You can buy Quest bars at GNC and on-line at GNC and Quest has their own site. Be mindful and read the nutritional data...all bars are not created equal. There is a quest bar thread with lots of great info. Good luck!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #395  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post

You can buy Quest bars at GNC and on-line at GNC and Quest has their own site. Be mindful and read the nutritional data...all bars are not created equal. There is a quest bar thread with lots of great info. Good luck!
I was at GNC yesterday and they were on sale... by 3 get on free....
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #396  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a GNC near me, so will have to order online.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #397  
maintaining since 9/2013

vitacost.com sells quest bars and my friends who research this thoroughly claim it's the cheapest. I think they just have 2 flavors, though. They are also a great cheap source for WF products.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #398  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
vitacost.com sells quest bars and my friends who research this thoroughly claim it's the cheapest. I think they just have 2 flavors, though. They are also a great cheap source for WF products.
How have I never shopped at Vitacost before?!? They have great prices. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hey all! Wishing you an OP day
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #400  

Height: 5'6"

Hello - I have restarted too. So glad you started this thread, Snickers70! I fell off program over the holidays too... also gave in to baking, etc. I am ready to start anew
sapphire54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Hello friendly rebooters!
Well, I sliced my finger on my mandolin tonight.... guess I'd forgotten how deadly that thing can be.
The good news is that I made some veggie purees (courtesy of LizRR)

I had a good OP day... just can't wait to feel ketosis kick in. Tomorrow is a long day with a class after work, so I won't get home until after 8:00.
I'll bring extra packets, chopped veggies, etc... but I'm worried about slipping.

Wishing everyone well!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
That's what I don't understand. Besides feeling like I was starving until I went into ketosis my first time around, I had no scary symptoms like this. I'm thinking it was a particularly bad sugar crash, because I felt so much better after I ate. When I'm not doing low-carb/IP I've always gotten a little nauseous when I'm hungry. This morning so far, I have a little bit of the lingering migraine and maybe a little dizzyness, but other than that I'm fine. I'll take it over what I felt yesterday We'll see how I feel this afternoon. Thanks for the concern

I was like that first round too. I get migraines anyway and first week put me in a really bad 3 day one. I am sure it was the sugar withdrawal.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 AM   #403  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi ho, Rebooters!

I am so so so so so thankful to be leaving the half-heartedness behind me. OP all the way!!!!!!s

I have a silly little dilemma. I don't know what to call my start date. I started and I flubbed around for the first couple of days. And know I can't even remember if I started on the 2nd or 3rd. And I have been jumping on the scale an obsessive number of times a day, so I don't have a WI day either. No biggie, right! But someone give me a WI day, pretty please????

It's been so great to see everyone's drive and success! Good job, all!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Hi ho, Rebooters!

I am so so so so so thankful to be leaving the half-heartedness behind me. OP all the way!!!!!!s

I have a silly little dilemma. I don't know what to call my start date. I started and I flubbed around for the first couple of days. And know I can't even remember if I started on the 2nd or 3rd. And I have been jumping on the scale an obsessive number of times a day, so I don't have a WI day either. No biggie, right! But someone give me a WI day, pretty please????

It's been so great to see everyone's drive and success! Good job, all!
I'm with you there! Day 4 of my reboot and the headaches seem to be over, it's so good to be OP and in ketosis.

As far as a WI day, did you record your weight the morning of your first 100% OP? If so, that's what I would pick as a start date and have my first week as an odd number of days, if necessary. For example, I started on Monday but I prefer Wednesdays to be my "official" WI days so my first week will be a 9 day "week".

Congratulations on being back 100%, let's stick together!

Dakin; I would love to share recommendations as you suggested in your earlier post. I must admit to being slightly jealous of all the online ordering choices residents of the U.S. get compared to us Canadians! Mostly I order from thelowcarbgrocery.com with a few items from Costco and Wal-Mart.

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Nilouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #405  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Good morning I Peeps!
Just a quick check in ... I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 3.5! Not bad for not even being in ketosis yet! I think I just was really full, or something the morning I did my initial start-up weigh in.

Chalo - I like Thursday as a weigh in day. It's the day I used during maintenance, well, when I was actually trying to maintain. My reasoning was that it was before any weekend damage, and enough days after the weekend to regulate back to maintenance weight. (Knowing that I get really sad when the scale didn't reflect what I wanted it to.) So, I've kept that day, which is why I weighed in today, even though I'm not back in ketosis yet.

Nilouve - I didn't realize that Nashua Nutrition won't ship to Canada. That sux!
I'm actually experimenting with more natural foods and less reliance on packets for some things. For example - beef jerky has 90 calories, under 3 carbs and 10 grams of protein per serving (not accounting for salt, etc) whereas many restricted "snacks" have over 130 calories, 12-13 carbs, and 9-12 grams of protein. To me, I'd rather have fewer carbs and feel more fulfilled with all natural ingredients. Anyway, it's just a thought and something I may experiment with. Any thoughts, ladies?
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote