Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #346  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

Today is day 10 of my restart. I love how good I feel after getting rid of all the carby junk out of my diet. One of co-workers commented about me being on "that stupid diet again," that really made me mad. Number one it is none of her business what type of food plan I follow, number 2 I recently had surgery and my gastrointestinal system is having a hard time tolerating much of anything. At least the IP foods do have good nutritional content and helps to preserve muscle mass.

I am glad the maintenance conversation has come up. That is my biggest concern. With IP we can lose the weight, it's maintenance that is tricky. Those of you that have been at maintenance for awhile did you follow phase 4 or another plan? Or did you go by what your body called for? I know that I am going to have to restrict carbs forever. When I eat carbs my A1C level goes into the diabetic range. Another great thing about IP it lowers my A1C quickly.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
It certainly has felt like the end of the yellow brick road as far as IP and P4. Most IPers I know, self included, have not followed the suggested eating plan, instead experimented to find the right foods and amounts. There are calorie formulas somewhere on 3FC, that are adjusted to your level of activity. I bought a scale and weighed each day just to see how things affected me.

It was unreal but gratifying to be told by my coach that I could eat ANY veggies and more than 1 restricted! It's taken time but now I have more comfort knowing that I can eat a LOT of non processed food and maintain my weight. The trickier part is the dance with the fatty, carby foods. I'm still working on that, having gained back 12 lbs over the holidays. At least I know I can get back on track before my clothes get too tight, lol.

Thank goodness for 3FC!
Mars, thank you for sharing! I think even the best of the best will falter during the holidays. To many social events with cookies And oh that peanut butter fudge your sister has to make for you every year how long have you been on maintenance prior to this reboot?
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookgirl View Post
Thanks kcdoe I agree, maintenance is the hard part as many have said before. Staying on program and having a good support system is what we need to do but not always easy...
No not easy, the link between our taste buds and our emotions will forever challenge us!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #349  
KAMKAR

S/C/G: 243/175.4/170

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! I have been on P1 for one week, weighed myself this morning and I am down 8LBS!!! WOOT WOOT.

Last edited by KAMKAR; 01-13-2014 at 07:33 AM.
KAMKAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #350  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Mars, thank you for sharing! I think even the best of the best will falter during the holidays. To many social events with cookies And oh that peanut butter fudge your sister has to make for you every year how long have you been on maintenance prior to this reboot?
I'm on maintenance just 4 1/2 months (& phasing out of 1 week of P1 restart). Yes, the social events are soooo challenging. fyi, if you haven't already, the Maintainers thread has some great info.

Last edited by mars735; 01-13-2014 at 09:52 AM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #351  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMKAR View Post
Good morning everyone! I have been on P1 for one week, weighed myself this morning and I am down 8LBS!!! WOOT WOOT.

8 lbs! That's great! Today is day 1 OP for me and it would be great to have an 8 lb loss for my first week back! Keep up the good work. I can tell that the next few days are going to be a real struggle for me, maybe more than the last round.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #352  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
this was dinner tonight - Rutabaga fries with taco, lime chicken
soooo yummy and have lots of leftovers for tomorrow
I love rutabagas, I usually make it into soup, but I also found a pudding recipe. Great as fries too. I never even would have tried it if it wasn't for IP.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #353  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Week one of restart down and lost 6.4 pounds even though I had a rough weekend spent at the funeral home and I was not 100% OP. Back 100% OP today, hope everyone has a great day
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
I love rutabagas, I usually make it into soup, but I also found a pudding recipe. Great as fries too. I never even would have tried it if it wasn't for IP.
I know, I wouldn't of either. I find if I pan fry them they're bitter but baking them took the bitterness out. They literally tasted like sweet potatoes last night. Will have to make these more often. Do you know if they're restricted veggie?

how do you like the pudding? does it have a consistency like rice pudding? is it IP phase I approved? if so, can I please have the recipe?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All! Finishing up Week 1 of my "reboot". Admittedly, it's been hard to get back into the groove - but pushed thru and by the 5th day, it's business as usual.

for the past few days - my hubby's been out of town, so I've been existing on Phase 1 Meatloaf (yum) for dinner with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. For lunch, I've been craving stove top braised cabbage… yum. I also throw in a little shredded skinless dark turkey meat. It's so good.

I forgot how much I like to eat the same stuff for a while, till I feel like changing it up. It's easy and food doesn't become the focus of my day.

Whether your braving the cold, or trying to survive the heat and hot winds in So. Calif (bad for my allergies) - I hope you all have a great day!! Pam

(duplicate post from 100% NO CHEAT)
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #356  

Almost 2 weeks in and 3 lbs down. It's slow going. I've been pretty good, I know I'm in ketosis (the bad taste, cravings are down, and I have that "hungry but nothing sounds good" feeling)
7 more to go, looks like I'll be at it more than a month.

Yeah, the winds kept me up all night and my sinuses are giving me the worst headache. I hate, hate, hate the wind!

Last edited by Ugh73; 01-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #357  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

H All!! I'm back - again. I need a reboot too. I gained 10 pounds over vacation in August, maintained there - but never lost it, then gained another 10 pounds from Thanksgiving until now. We not only have Christmas, but have 3 birthday's right around there (including mine). I didn't have my birthday cake last year (50th) , so I wanted it this year!

As of today I'm on IP P1 100% - I'm waiting for an email back from my coach to set up and appointment to go back in there for a weigh in and to pick up product. I'm also going back to the gym.

I've slipped back into old habits - I need to change them!!! I subscribe to the Jillian Michaels newsletter and she had a link to her "journal" which has a number of exercises to help you identify and stop certain behaviors - I'm going to work on that. If I don't work on myself I'll be right back where I was. My coach is very nice, but hasn't been here. So, this is where you all come in. I need to get involved again with the 3FC community!!

Thanks for listening.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
H All!! I'm back - again. I need a reboot too. I gained 10 pounds over vacation in August, maintained there - but never lost it, then gained another 10 pounds from Thanksgiving until now. We not only have Christmas, but have 3 birthday's right around there (including mine). I didn't have my birthday cake last year (50th) , so I wanted it this year!

As of today I'm on IP P1 100% - I'm waiting for an email back from my coach to set up and appointment to go back in there for a weigh in and to pick up product. I'm also going back to the gym.

I've slipped back into old habits - I need to change them!!! I subscribe to the Jillian Michaels newsletter and she had a link to her "journal" which has a number of exercises to help you identify and stop certain behaviors - I'm going to work on that. If I don't work on myself I'll be right back where I was. My coach is very nice, but hasn't been here. So, this is where you all come in. I need to get involved again with the 3FC community!!

Thanks for listening.
Thank-you for your honesty. It is important for everyone on the way to reaching goal to understand the process to maintain is not the life led prior to IP!
Thanks! And Good luck! You will be an mentor to new maintainers since you can post from experience!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #359  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I know, I wouldn't of either. I find if I pan fry them they're bitter but baking them took the bitterness out. They literally tasted like sweet potatoes last night. Will have to make these more often. Do you know if they're restricted veggie?

how do you like the pudding? does it have a consistency like rice pudding? is it IP phase I approved? if so, can I please have the recipe?
Yes rutabaga is a restricted veggie. I was disappointed - but it will be a special treat
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post

So, this is where you all come in. I need to get involved again with the 3FC community!!

Thanks for listening.
For me, the key to getting back on track to 100% has been the gym. I have NEVER been a gym person. I have always felt uncoordinated and clumsy, so not a place for me, or so I thought.

When I was struggling, very much like you describe, Lynnie, I could not get the program and my mind to click. So I dragged myself to the gym and signed up because I knew I had to.

I have missed on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's since then. Gradually I am experimenting with new cardio equipment and getting more comfortable and confident. Although it does not sound like much, I can now run, not walk, on the treadmill for a minute at a time on a pretty good speed and incline. It took me several weeks to get there, but I did.

So the short answer to my long diatribe is that I think hitting the gym once you are in ketosis again is a good psychological accomplishment.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote