Old 01-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #226  

Thanks for all the greetings everyone!

Okay so I didn't go to the gym for stretching. I'm still getting hot/cold & coughing and wind chills were still in negative numbers and I just couldn't make myself do it. So instead I'm making the chili I didn't make yesterday and I'll do my foam roller stretching right here in the living room. (the sauna and steam room still sound nice but not the time outdoors)

I remained fairly low carb during my time off P1. The hardest time was during our trip, when I had more than my share of "fun" days, especially once I was away from a kitchen. I could feel immediate swelling in my hands/feet first and eventually some of my smallest pants started feeling snugger. Luckily it was only 12 days, with a plan to return to P1 immediately. I've learned that I need to be extremely diligent on trips and stick to my gluten-free rule because of how much better I feel.

I'm guessing my first week on P1 will get me back to where I was weight-wise.

Roo:
You and I must share co-workers. What makes a whole group of folks act like this? There is usually one "ring leader". I know who ours is. She hasn't once mentioned my weight loss in a YEAR AND A HALF (jealous much?) but I bet she'd be the first to mention any gain!

djs06: I am not only a half & half in my coffee lover (had some while on my short time in maintenance) but I'd prefer heavy cream! As a consolation, I use a combo of some plain protein powder (Syntrax medical) mixed with vanilla as my coffee "creamer". The vanilla is too sweet on its own so I figured out a "hack".

Join the 100% thread. We'll keep you on track!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #227  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

So glad I found this thread! I originally started IP in May of 2012 and lost 55 lbs in 2 1/2 months, and then due to some issues that came up, switched to just low carb and lost around 45-50 lbs in the next 6 months until I got down to 179 at my lowest. I've kind of fallen off the wagon the last 6 months or so. I went on a work trip to Korea which basically killed my diet and then I bought my first house and blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse... Anyway, as of this morning, I weigh 205. I've already gone ahead and ordered my alternative products and am just waiting for them to arrive.

A couple of months ago, I came across kelp noodles, which I fell in love with. I believe they are 6 cals and 1g carb per serving. Does anyone know is this is allowed to be included in the 4 cups of veggies a day?
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #228  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
So glad I found this thread! I originally started IP in May of 2012 and lost 55 lbs in 2 1/2 months, and then due to some issues that came up, switched to just low carb and lost around 45-50 lbs in the next 6 months until I got down to 179 at my lowest. I've kind of fallen off the wagon the last 6 months or so. I went on a work trip to Korea which basically killed my diet and then I bought my first house and blah, blah, blah, excuse, excuse, excuse... Anyway, as of this morning, I weigh 205. I've already gone ahead and ordered my alternative products and am just waiting for them to arrive.

A couple of months ago, I came across kelp noodles, which I fell in love with. I believe they are 6 cals and 1g carb per serving. Does anyone know is this is allowed to be included in the 4 cups of veggies a day?
I believe it may fall under "seaweed"
I'd go with it!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #229  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I believe it may fall under "seaweed"
I'd go with it!
Thanks
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #230  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

I gained about 15lbs since November... blah...
today is day 1 of my reboot, haven't been on here since July as I was maintaining but slipped, maybe this time I will get down to my actual goal weight
accgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Thanks
I just rebooted at the same starting weight, we can do it.

Happy BRRRthday to me, I get to stay home today

Well into ketosis with suppressed appetite, love it!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks Lisa… those temps are not worth facing, especially when you're under the weather! I took the dog out today and don't plan on leaving the house again. Hope you're feeling better! Thanks for the tip about the coffee; I used to use premier protein as a 'creamer' but I can't stomach even thinking about it so I definitely need a substitute (I've been doing the allotted milk and sulking about it). Same goes for the chicken soup with mashed cauliflower. I think I ODed on both the first time around!

Joy- I have no idea re: your question but wanted to welcome you back!

Accgy- looks like most of us are in a similar boat here. Take it one day at a time and plan, plan, plan… things can only get better!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Enjoying the ketosis energy. Cleaned out most of my laundry room (found receipts dated 2011 on my folding counter that had morphed into a junk counter). Meanwhile DH started on the basement. We had been saving boxes for everything we buy thinking that they may come in handy if we move.....well we are not going anywhere and today is the day to get them all out, collapse them and purge!!!! Hopefully won't crash before the deed is done. Lol.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #234  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Hi everyone-
I have been on maintenance for quite a while....and lost my mind ...cause I thought I could keeping pushing the envelope more and more....until one day I turned around and realized I was totally out of control!

I have come to realize rebooting is soo hard ....and I go along fine for a while then I just have a slip and go BAT CRAP CRAZY!!!

I realize I am a Binger!!

Gotta Quit this or I will be right back where I started!!!
I was sick and had to be on Steroids for a while and was eating everything is site....which is No excuse ...but finding it hard to rein myself in!
Logical part says you have done this before ...... But the dark side keeps calling my name ...
I need to get back up on the horse....or pretty soon some one will be putting a saddle on my back.

Have had people at work tell me I have gained weight in the face,
One night one of my co workers remarked oh you look pretty in the face!!!! She had not seen me in awhile....another ask me are you still doing the diet??
I feel like people feel free to inquire about my weight...and I would just like to be left alone about ???unless I share something with you ???let it be!!
Have any of you had people snidely dig you about gaining weight when you never have mentioned it to them at all! how do you handle it.
Have always been a private person ...never brought it up to others when I was losing weight...and never discussed it with them when I was gaining....
Unless I want to broach the conversation can people just leave me alone!
I would so like to be invisible .... And be able to struggle with my issues without having people feel it is okay to ask me questions that make be feel almost like someone is seeing me unclothed!!!
Thanks for listening....and this was really hard. For me to post ....cuz I feel like I let people down
Roo2
You haven't let anyone down but yourself. Although we may feel happy with you when you win and sad with you when you fail, you are the only person you're accountable to. (Unless you have a coach, then maybe them a little LOL) And I know how you feel. Most people at work don't mention any gain or loss. But I've only been here 6 months. however my mom and grandmother are very loose lipped with mentioning gain. They don't seem to notice loss at all until I hit 40 lbs my first time. But as soon as I started gaining, boy they noticed! I know they just worry about my health and have good intentions. I'm sorry that you work with such rotten types of people
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

had to white knuckle it all week but down 3.4 lbs since my pre-Christmas WI. I didn't WI over the holidays. Only 6 more lbs til pre-pregnancy weight!!
wosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #236  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone-
Wow it has warmed up here in Illinois it is -1F this morning so much better than -20F that was not factoring the wind chill factor.
Thank you everyone for the support it help me make it thru the day with out diving into my teenage daughter huge box of Chocolates that she got from her BF. Every time I walked by it is was calling my name.
This morning I told her I was putting it in the basement frig out of my sight.
I have never in my life seen such a big box of chocolate it is the size of a half sheet cake. That should me against the law! Cuz it could do some serious damage to my resolve! Bigger is not always better unless you want your girlfriend and family to pack on the pounds!
Note to boyfriend don't give gifts of food to women!!! Say it with jewelry !
Even though I was housebound d/t weather I stayed OP! Thank goodness....
It was a hour by hour thing, looked at the clock it said 1155 and I thought.... I made it thru the day.
For me Rebooting has been harder then before ,and I think for me with it being Winter and I cook much more and am inside it is harder to get started.
Does anyone else find it harder to start a diet or adhere to it in winter versus warmer weather?
This is a time when Crockpot and Savory dishes are made.
When family comes home I want something warm and stick to your ribs ready for them.
We cook much more in colder weather and grill more and eat lighter in summer.
Even the Candles we use are like Warm Cookie,Pumpkin and in summer it is more flowers.
I feel once I hit my rhythm it will be easier to stay on course.... Praying for my resolve to return soon.....please Old Roo2 hurry and comeback I need you so!!
I. Just need to reconnect with that part of me,
Have a great day and may we all make it thru the day Safe and OP,
Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 01-08-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 7 of my reboot. Going well but as each of us know it is a daily thing. Got to figure out what spins me out of control to get off of IP. I actually feel so much better when I am on IP. Sugar and carbs zaps my energy level.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #238  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
I'm back and rebooting too ... lost almost 60 pounds from February, 2013 to August, 2013 and have gained almost 30 back ... my fault even though there were some extenuating circumstances with my health. I need to check in here every day and be accountable. I also learned that I cannot do this without have the accountability of going and getting weighed and measured weekly. Luckily my clinic allows me to buy just one IP product so I'll be spending about $30 a week there ... right now it's worth it for the accountability.
i I know what you mean about having health issues and then you just lose your focus ..... And before you know it ....it bites you in the butt,
I too need the accountability too and watching others battle the weight demon is inspiring and helps with my resolve
Good luck,
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Roo- I hear that! After the holidays all I want to do is sleep and eat. Especially when it's so dang cold! But.. no reason you can't still make crockpot meals! Nothing says winter like the ol' crock pot. I like to make shredded chicken (with either buffalo sauce or some WF barbecue sauce) or a nice roast. I 'doctor it up' for the rest of the house once I've taken my portion (and sometimes taken a portion for the next night's dinner) so I don't cook 2 separate meals and still get what I need! I love that crock pot.

Ecmc- you've figured out that IP works for you, and you've figured out how to continue the results you need! So I'd say that's a great re-start. I also find that reading the boards is very helpful. Even if you don't always participate, it's nice to know that there are others out there doing the same thing, and it keeps it in the front of your your mind! Hope your health issues are doing better.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #240  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

This is day 3 of my reboot. Not in ketosis yet, but I'm feeling good.

I found that I'm really hungry after lunch and have been eating my "snack" earlier than my usual 3:30-4 PM. I am still having a Zone bar for my snack, but I ordered some more IP-compatible snacks from Nashua. Those chocolate soy puffs that are like malted milk balls are the same as the IP ones. Yummy.

P1 is really easy. Maintenance is much harder. Too many choices. But it's all worth the effort.

That's all I have to say about that!

Have a great day, everyone! Stay warm!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote