Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #211  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

It's the end of day 4 of my reboot, and it's going well! It sure feels great to be getting back on track. The healthy habits I developed aren't too far gone - what was really my downfall was not having food prepped ahead of time and meals planned. That's critical for me with my daily schedule. I'm starting back up with weekly WIs with the nurse practitioner we have at work since I do this using alternatives + a couple of my own mods - my version of being 100%. Having that weekly montoring is helpful. A lot of things have been so crazy in my life since this summer, and many things are beyond my control. BUT, this program is one thing I can and will be in charge of, just as I was before.

So great to see so many familar faces - a true testament to what a great program this is!

Well, my two DD's have their school cancelled tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to staying home with them and having fun. It is wicked cold here in the frozen tundra of WI. To all those that are affected by the deep freeze, hope you stay safe and warm.

Last edited by stargirl66; 01-06-2014 at 10:40 PM.
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone! I started my reboot in the middle of November and was posting in a forum that was current with many other rebooters but everyone stopped posting! I hope I have found a new support forum.

I stayed strong over Christmas and New Years - Didn't have a glass of wine, stuffing, or even mashed potatoes! I did have an extra restricted packet though, and some sugar free jello.

Anyway, I hope everyone is motivated and if you aren't, come visit this forum to make you feel more motivated and in control - that is why I come at least

Since the middle of November I have lost 34 pounds. Not too bad, but, honestly, could be better. I have a vacation coming up and want to lose as much as I can before then!

Lets do this!!
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone,
I am starting up after gaining 17lbs from changes in my body - perimenopause to menopause... argh! I am having trouble sleeping with the hot flashes during the night! Officially I will be weigh in on Thursday - but have already started (was suppose to be weigh in last week, but snow storm prevented the appt. from taking place) I am just worried these changes will affect my going through this... anyone else having the same problems? I cannot wait to officially start!
teacherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #214  

The familiar dry mouth has kicked in overnite
That didn't take long!
I had a HUGE headache last nite. Added some salt b/c I didn't know if it was due to my illness or IP. Salt didn't help so I took some Aleve and went to bed. Headache is gone this morning. I wish the coughing would cease, as well!

I'm going to a gentle stretching class at my gym this morning. First time out in the cold since our return from CA. I'm stiff and sore from laying around being sick.

Never made the chili yesterday. That is first on the agenda when I return from the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherri View Post
Hi Everyone,
I am starting up after gaining 17lbs from changes in my body - perimenopause to menopause... argh! I am having trouble sleeping with the hot flashes during the night! Officially I will be weigh in on Thursday - but have already started (was suppose to be weigh in last week, but snow storm prevented the appt. from taking place) I am just worried these changes will affect my going through this... anyone else having the same problems? I cannot wait to officially start!
Welcome! It looks like you are a newcomer? This thread is mostly for folks who have been there/done that on IP and are returning

Here are a couple spots where you'll find other newcomers and ongoing forum support
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...self-here.html

This thread has lots of info in the first post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The familiar dry mouth has kicked in overnite
That didn't take long!
I had a HUGE headache last nite. Added some salt b/c I didn't know if it was due to my illness or IP. Salt didn't help so I took some Aleve and went to bed. Headache is gone this morning. I wish the coughing would cease, as well!

I'm going to a gentle stretching class at my gym this morning. First time out in the cold since our return from CA. I'm still and sore from laying around being sick.

Never made the chili yesterday. That is first on the agenda when I return from the gym.

Welcome! It looks like you are a newcomer? This thread is mostly for folks who have been there/done that on IP and are returning

Here are a couple spots where you'll find other newcomers and ongoing forum support
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...self-here.html

This thread has lots of info in the first post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html
Oh Lisa...Hope you start turning the corner. Don't overdue with the stretching...even that when you have been sick as you sound...may not be the best... the stretching should be only a few minutes...not a full class. You might injure yourself compensating your aches. ...and another bowl of chicken broth...hold the (GF of course) ...noodles!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #216  
Keeping it off

Height: 5" 2'

Good Morning, Friends!
Did fairly well yesterday and stayed 100% OP but the evening was a struggle. I had a serious case of the munchies!

Lisa: I'm so excited to see how you progress on this restart. Your previous progress was so impressive. You been an inspiration.
Run4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #217  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Not only have I fell off the Wagon ..it flipped over and is crushing me

Hi everyone-
I have been on maintenance for quite a while....and lost my mind ...cause I thought I could keeping pushing the envelope more and more....until one day I turned around and realized I was totally out of control!

I have come to realize rebooting is soo hard ....and I go along fine for a while then I just have a slip and go BAT CRAP CRAZY!!!

I realize I am a Binger!!

Gotta Quit this or I will be right back where I started!!!
I was sick and had to be on Steroids for a while and was eating everything is site....which is No excuse ...but finding it hard to rein myself in!
Logical part says you have done this before ...... But the dark side keeps calling my name ...
I need to get back up on the horse....or pretty soon some one will be putting a saddle on my back.

Have had people at work tell me I have gained weight in the face,
One night one of my co workers remarked oh you look pretty in the face!!!! She had not seen me in awhile....another ask me are you still doing the diet??
I feel like people feel free to inquire about my weight...and I would just like to be left alone about ???unless I share something with you ???let it be!!
Have any of you had people snidely dig you about gaining weight when you never have mentioned it to them at all! how do you handle it.
Have always been a private person ...never brought it up to others when I was losing weight...and never discussed it with them when I was gaining....
Unless I want to broach the conversation can people just leave me alone!
I would so like to be invisible .... And be able to struggle with my issues without having people feel it is okay to ask me questions that make be feel almost like someone is seeing me unclothed!!!
Thanks for listening....and this was really hard. For me to post ....cuz I feel like I let people down
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Hi everyone-
I have been on maintenance for quite a while....and lost my mind ...cause I thought I could keeping pushing the envelope more and more....until one day I turned around and realized I was totally out of control!

I have come to realize rebooting is soo hard ....and I go along fine for a while then I just have a slip and go BAT CRAP CRAZY!!!

Gotta Quit this or I will be right back where I started!!!
I was sick and had to be on Steroids for a while and was eating everything is site....which is No excuse ...but finding it hard to rein myself in!
Logical part says you have done this before ...... But the dark side keeps calling my name ...
I need to get back up on the horse....or pretty soon some one will be putting a saddle on my back.

Have had people at work tell me I have gained weight in the face,
One night one of my co workers remarked oh you look pretty in the face!!!! She had not seen me in awhile....another ask me are you still doing the diet??
I feel like people feel free to inquire about my weight...and I would just like to be left alone about ???unless I share something with you ???let it be!!
Have any of you had people snidely dig you about gaining weight when you never have mentioned it to them at all! how do you handle it.
Have always been a private person ...never brought it up to others when I was losing weight...and never discussed it with them when I was gaining....
Unless I want to broach the conversation can people just leave me alone!
I would so like to be invisible .... And be able to struggle with my issues without having people feel it is okay to ask me questions that make be feel almost like someone is seeing me unclothed!!!
Thanks for listening....and this was really hard. For me to post ....cuz I feel like I let people down
Roo2
I feel for you...this is such a personal struggle that is NEVER done...which is why I don't discuss it with 99% of people I know or who are brazen enough to ask. The best answer I ever divised when someone starts...is also a defense for the bumps in the road. "You are making me uncomfortable ..can we change the subject? "

I say that when they ask about the loss..and they blinking know not to go there if something changed!

Now for today:
You can do this..we are all here and you are on the right track trying to get the mojo going again. Good luck!!!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #219  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

Thanks for your input ! Appreciate your kind words

It is soo hard to fall when it is so noticeable , and being short Everything shows!

I work with a tough crowd even when you tell them you are uncomfortable they just keep ploughing ahead ! No sense of boundaries and they like to see you squirm especially if you fell off the weight wagon and they knew you were smaller then them! Nothing like rubbing salt I the wounds!
Just wish I could hide while I get my Mojo back! But not possible!
I will forever have to battle my weight and unfortunately after losing weight it goes back on much quicker then before.....which let me say. SUCKS !!!
Wishing everyone good luck fighting the battle!

Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 01-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thanks for your input ! Appreciate your kind words

It is soo hard to fall when it is so noticeable , and being short Everything shows!

I work with a tough crowd even when you tell them you are uncomfortable they just keep ploughing ahead ! No sense of boundaries and they like to see you squirm especially if you fell off the weight wagon and they knew you were smaller then them! Nothing like rubbing salt I the wounds!
Just wish I could hide while I get my Mojo back! But not possible!
I will forever have to battle my weight and unfortunately after losing weight it goes back on much quicker then before.....which let me say. SUCKS !!!
Wishing everyone good luck fighting the battle!

Roo2
Roo, I feel for you. Know that you are in the right place and we are here for you. Together we shall slay the carb dragon, one minute at a time if we have to and will end up on the right side of the wagon. Hugs
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #221  
KAMKAR

S/C/G: 243/175.4/170

Height: 5'6

Day 1 is done and on to day 2. Feeling alittle hungry but not unbearable. Noticed last night while watching tv I was wanting to get up and grab a snack but I refrained. Feeling good about eatting healthy and staying on plan. I CAN and WILL DO THIS!!!
KAMKAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #222  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I have a challenging week coming up, my sons birthday so have to make cupcakes for his class, then get thru a birthday party on the weekend with cake.....never a perfect time to start lol. Hoping I will get thru it. I have tons of posts to read up on, good luck everyone.
My youngest daughter's birthday is this month, and it proves a difficult time as well for me! I KNOW that I can get through it, as I was on my first round of IP and pulled of a huge birthday party with lots of food. I made sure to have plain deviled eggs and lots of veggies on the table, so I could snack with everyone through the night. So, now a year later, I'm in the same boat... I know I can do it! However, knowing that if I would have stuck with maintenance, I wouldn't be in this situation a year later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4three View Post
Good Morning, Friends!
Lisa: I'm so excited to see how you progress on this restart. Your previous progress was so impressive. You been an inspiration.
Lisa, you were in the middle of your journey while I was on here last year. I, too, am VERY excited to see how this reboot progresses for you!

Quote:
Hi everyone-

Roo, you were another familiar name while I was on here last year. Your stats were amazing, and I welcome you back!! Good to 'see' you!!
KLD81230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome back, Roo. You're not letting anyone down… we are glad to have you back and know you can do it again!

I found my old spreadsheet with my stats from 2012- I am so impressed with my prior self, lol. Hopefully I can do it again! I restarted YET AGAIN yesterday- failed 2-week reboot in December- I got sick twice and then just said 'screw it' for the holidays.. really healthy, eh? Oh well.. only one way to go from here.. day 1 went off without a hitch and I feel fine- I had the nasty symptoms in December but not much this time so far!

I'm doing it 100% this time, which is something I've never done.

The roughest thing for me is still the no half and half in my coffee.. ha.. I will get used to it. Just like I got used to having 4 huge mugs of coffee with cream. :eyeroll:
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #224  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Welcome back, Roo. You're not letting anyone down… we are glad to have you back and know you can do it again!

I found my old spreadsheet with my stats from 2012- I am so impressed with my prior self, lol. Hopefully I can do it again! I restarted YET AGAIN yesterday- failed 2-week reboot in December- I got sick twice and then just said 'screw it' for the holidays.. really healthy, eh? Oh well.. only one way to go from here.. day 1 went off without a hitch and I feel fine- I had the nasty symptoms in December but not much this time so far!

I'm doing it 100% this time, which is something I've never done.

The roughest thing for me is still the no half and half in my coffee.. ha.. I will get used to it. Just like I got used to having 4 huge mugs of coffee with cream. :eyeroll:
Yes I know the feeling of being proud of your progress.
Now I look back on my past weight loss success and wonder why won't that girl comeback and help me get back on track.
I feel such a disconnect with that part of myself, like that was another person.
This time I feel like it is harder because there are more expectations .
I have a ton of clothes I need to fit back into .
Miss my clothes and have come to like sharing clothes with my Teenage daughter instead of my Hubby's sweaters or sweatshirts.
Yes , it may sound vain but size right now is the only thing that can possibly motivate me,
Someone who does not know me would look at me an see someone of normal weight but I know the truth that is concealed cleverly under my Midwestern winter attire.
Roo2
Old 01-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

stepped on the scale today for a mid point WI and it shows 145 OMG
I must of gained much more than I realized during christmas
130 here I come!!!!
I'm even more motivated to get this weight off now.
Official first WI isn't until Saturday
KNM how are you doing??
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote