Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #46  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All,

Soo sorry to hear about the struggles and losses some of you are facing..You have my sympathies..

Also, for the member with the bowel troubles, I had the same surgery as you.. soo not fun.. and since then have had some troubles with IBS..

I am planning a reboot tomorrow.. I sooo want to get into the 100's.. I don't have a scale on me but have probably gained back a few more.. with any luck I will be in the 100's by the end of Jan..

Thanks for starting this thread.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Regrettably, I'm back. I came within 1 pound of my goal and fell off the boat! 1 pound! I gained 15 back, then got pregnant and gained another 15 before delivering my son sleeping. The pain of losing him made me gain more. I have no idea how much, since I'm scared to step on the scale. I will Jan. 1, but I think I'm around 175...the same weight I was when I started IP the first time. I need this reboot physically and mentally! Wish I wasn't back, but IP works and I know you ladies will help me stay accountable. My goal...get healthy and try for another baby!
Oh dear, I am so very sorry about your son. We are here for you.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Let's make this the best thread ever, because through all life throws us we get back on the horse and ride. I will never give up on my weight. "Hi" NewEnglander, I know we both have struggled, but keep on going. Happy 2014 and may health and happiness be with you all!

Last edited by Bellamack; 12-31-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #49  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Glad to have found this thread and see so many people in the same boat. I reached my goal in June and over the last 6 months until Christmas have gained about 5 to 7 pounds. I was OK with that as I felt good, all of my new clothes still fit, I was making decent food choices and felt that I was maintaining my new weight pretty well. Then a few days before Christmas something happened and my sensible eating went completely out the window and I found myself eating cookies, candy, carbs, etc. And I gained about 6 more pounds in the past week and a half. It's so scary how fast it can come back on! My clothes still fit but I do not like how tight they are and looking in the mirror I can see the puffiness that has been added to my body. I'm not happy with myself and restarted yesterday. It's not easy to get back on track but I keep telling myself that I worked way too hard for 11 months to lose 95 pounds to just throw it away and gain it all back! Looking forward to all of the support here.
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #50  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Let's make this the best thread ever, because through all life throws us we get back on the horse and ride. I will never give up on my weight. "Hi" NewEnglander, I know we both have struggled, but keep on going. Happy 2014 and may health and happiness be with you all!
Bellamack - I concur; let's make this THE BEST thread ever!!! Here we are, back on the IP wagon and stronger than ever. If we want it bad enough, we can get anything we set our mind towards. Let's DO this

Happy New Year ~ Best Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Glad to have found this thread and see so many people in the same boat. I reached my goal in June and over the last 6 months until Christmas have gained about 5 to 7 pounds. I was OK with that as I felt good, all of my new clothes still fit, I was making decent food choices and felt that I was maintaining my new weight pretty well. Then a few days before Christmas something happened and my sensible eating went completely out the window and I found myself eating cookies, candy, carbs, etc. And I gained about 6 more pounds in the past week and a half. It's so scary how fast it can come back on! My clothes still fit but I do not like how tight they are and looking in the mirror I can see the puffiness that has been added to my body. I'm not happy with myself and restarted yesterday. It's not easy to get back on track but I keep telling myself that I worked way too hard for 11 months to lose 95 pounds to just throw it away and gain it all back! Looking forward to all of the support here.
Exactor - It goes to show, we all have our ups and downs. I'm psyched for you that you decided to nip it in the bud while things haven't completely spiraled out of control. You are here NOW and that's what counts. An IP friend recently told me, "there's no use in looking back, live in the present and strive to do your best." I'm here today to relay that same message to you and anyone else who struggles along with us.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!! Thanks for being such a positive force!!!

KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

I'm back too!!! I originally started in Feb 2011, got super close to goal and transitioned off for my wedding. Got pregnant immediately and was so good through most of my pregnancy. My son is now 19 months old. I'm a good 30lbs from goal. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!! And I can't wait to test for kerosis!
Jewels09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #52  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Thank you for many of your kind replies. I didn't intend on becoming the thread downer! I am looking forward to starting 2014 on the right foot with you all! Here we go!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Almost done with day 2. No horrible carb cravings. Felt a little dizzy once but familiar and ok. Was a little short on my noon veggies so had 3 cups of steamed broccoli (that's a lot of broccoli) with my baked chicken and franks red hot buffalo sauce. Yum!!! But seriously stuffed. Can't believe I still have to stuff in a restricted tonight.

So glad to have this special place to come share. In keeping with my tradition of sleeping thru the new year arrival I plan to curl up in bed with a good book and fall sound asleep. Good night all and happy new year.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #54  

Unhappy

ok, I lost 55 lbs this year and I regained about 10 to 12 lbs. I am trying to stop the madness but am having trouble so I guess I will reboot on IP. I am going on a 10 cruise starting the 8th so I'll wait until I return to start but will do as KNM said and start with protein and veggies. I am so upset I let myself slide. It happened rather quickly too like in a month.

Happy New Year to everyone.
pattict1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone,

I can totally relate to having lost and regained weight more than once. This will be my third time around the IP block. I lost about 30 lbs in Summer 2011, then maintained pretty well for 2-3 months until my Mom died. I regained most of that and restarted in January 2013. I lost 25 lbs at that time then started a new job, which was really stressful for me. I just saw my coach this evening and found that I have gained 25 lbs since April 2013, so I am restarting again tomorrow.

I'm upset with myself for having regained but at least I'm here now. I'm going to follow my coach's advice this time to get my body fat down to 30% this time so that it will be easier to maintain.

I look forward to visiting this thread often for inspiration! Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year to all!

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #56  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Happy 2014! I am in for the New Years reboot! I have ~30lb to lose post-partum. I hit goal Sep 2012, maintained, got pregnant Dec 2012, and had a little girl Sep 2013. Started off good, eating well, exercising 6-weeks pp, then pulled a muscle 2x and have blobbed out since then. I can't do P1 as I am nursing, but am going to P3-ish and testing out my muscles to ramp up workouts. Cheers and prayers for a healthy 2014!

Last edited by LizRR; 01-01-2014 at 02:05 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Happy New Year! I restarted on 12/28, and so far, so good. I forgot how good it feels to be on IP once ketosis kicks in. Even though it's been a pretty stressful couple of days, I made good choices instead of convenient ones.
I would love to go back to the gym, but the last time I was following IP, exercise slowed my losses. So, I'll wait until phase 3. Meanwhile, since I can tell I'm in ketosis, today I'm starting the 30 day ab challenge that's been traveling around social media. I'm excited to see what this month has in store!
Have a wonderful day!
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning and happy new year all!!!!!today is day three and I woke up on a bit of a pity pot but am better now. Know from experience that the third is the worst for me. Got busy with stuff. Placed a Nashua order (coupon code NEWYOU10 for 10% off and free shipping over $49).

Going to movies this afternoon armed with a container with 2cups of pickled asparagus, marinated mushrooms and dill pickles. Plus some protidiet white cheddar crisps. And a jug of water. Told my daughter she can't breathe popcorn breath on me or I will breathe garlic breath on her!!! Lol.

Weird how tastes change. First time around celery was my go to veg. This time can barely look at it. Hmmm. Need to go pick up some turnip, zucchini and cauli for roasting plus some jicama and kohlrabi for snacking.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Happy 2014 and healthy 2014 to all of us!
Narae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Ok.. today is day 1... so far on plan.. :-)
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote