Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 7 of 35
Go to
  • i started at 297 on 11/4/13 and got down as low as 266 before xmas. havent had the courage to weigh myself post-xmas yet. will wait until sunday or monday when i give myself a head start!

hoping to get to 225 by 7/26/14
  • Quote: I'm about 1/2 way through day 2 and I'm feeling pretty hungry. I know it will take another day or so to adjust so I'm staying strong. I made some tea and refilled my water glass. I'll have some salad here in a few minutes but might have to make supper a little early and save my snack for around 7 pm.
    The one thing that helped me when I was hungry was to constantly drink water and plain green tea (no sugar). Good Luck the first few days are the hardest.
  • Restarting....
    Well I am back with "commitment" to IP. Somehow got lost in the month of Dec. as far as IP Phase 1 diet plan. Made better choices, how ever gained 9# back- now ready to finished the plan..... good luck all!!
  • Thanks! I had some tea and it helped a lot. It's almost time to make supper now .
  • Hello All!

Today is day 1 of my reboot. Getting married in March and I have my fitting in February. Trying to lose 15 lbs by the wedding, hoping for more. I got down to 160 last year and gained 15 back. Boy did that 160 feel good!!! Can't wait to get there again.

Quote: i am restarting but was looking at doing a juice cleanse for a few days post-holiday before i restart the IP. anyone tried something like that? how will juicing impact? looking to reboot on 1/6/14....
    Why? No need. You can look at it two ways: IP will clean out your system. OR, you'll clean out your system and gunk it up again with IP. Depends on your views but I see no point in doing a juicefast. Just start IP and get rollin'! That's my humble opinion.
  • Quote: Thanks! I had some tea and it helped a lot. It's almost time to make supper now .
    Hot herbal (decaf) tea is like a magic wand on phase 1
  • I'm jumping in - rebooted yesterday (jan 1). Did really well last summer, then got slack and gained back. Have 25 to go and feel like this is the right group for me.

IP works, ladies. Good luck.
  • cheese!
    This is Day 4 for me. I ate some cheese today. Just a little hunk of cheddar. How can I get myself to avoid these little slip-ups? I told myself that cheese is not the worst thing in the world to have.

Cooking some pork chops in the slow cooker right now to have with some roasted brussel sprouts. I have written out my dinners for the next week with all approved meats and veggies.

I think I may chew some gum when I am cooking. That always helps me to avoid taking a bite of anything!
    Thanks for listening.

Kelly
  • Hi everyone! I'm looking to get started again on IP. Lost 60 lbs the last go round and have gained back about 20ish. Doing a pantry cleanse tomorrow and will restart after I see what I have left. Love this forum and glad to see so many people who are rebooting!
  • Hi Rissmo welcome back. You motivated us when you were on plan. We can do this . We were successful once we will be again. This forum will get us thru the struggles of daily life and give us the motivation to get healthy. Good luck. I am on day 1 of my reboot. I lost 30 pounds in 2010 and managed to stay within 5 pounds but for some reason this year I lost control. I have 20 pounds to lose to get back to my goal weight.
  • I am new to this group and like everyone else the holidays did not help me at all. I am rebooting tomorrow..and I think being accountable to someone really helps.
  • Glad we are all here getting support but keep in mind that there is a lot of traffic from extremely knowledgeable people on the Daily Chat thread, so any questions that don't get answered here can be posted there as well
  • Hi everyone, I've never posted before just read and you've all inspired me. i originally started 9/4/13 but had to quit due to thyroid cancer surgery. The good news is I've been given the OK to restart which is good because I've regained the 15 I lost then plus some! I'm looking forward to tomorrow as day 1 and finally losing for good. Thanks again for the inspiration!
  • day one down and feeling good already, I think the worse will come tomorrow and Saturday, not looking forward

will step on the scale on Saturday to see the damage I've done over xmas, my clothes are tight so it's not gonna be good, even though I would of had 2 Phase I days.

I hope everyone is having a successful day OP
  • I went out for breakfast and ordered steak and eggs-an ip compliant meal
    I asked for steak sauce but when I saw how many carbs were in it-I didn't have the sauce.
    however there was less than a 1/4 of an orange for decoration on the plate and I ate it without thinking-then instead of beating myself up-realized its a learning curve and I will do better next time...its the little things we need to be aware of.....