Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 6 of 35
Go to
  • Today is day one for me, usually don't have issues on the first day, tomorrow on the other hand might be difficult. Good news is that I don't have to work until Monday so I have 4 days to get back into ketosis.

rdexter I think the extra veggies would be lettuce, that's unlimited and perhaps a few pickles.
  • Restarting Jan 1
    This has been a rocky road for me as well. I was down 80lbs fell off the wagon back up 45 lbs. Im very uncomfortable in my clothes so I know its time for a change. I originally didnt' phase out I went from phase 1 to falling off the wagon. I tried many others diets after falling off due to IP being expensive. This time around I will be doing it on my own with alternative products within my budget that will make staying on course much easier. Wishing everyone GOOD LUCK on their journey. Its good to be back on the boards. There was so much inspiration my first go round which kept me on task.
  • Quote: Today is day one for me, usually don't have issues on the first day, tomorrow on the other hand might be difficult. Good news is that I don't have to work until Monday so I have 4 days to get back into ketosis.

rdexter I think the extra veggies would be lettuce, that's unlimited and perhaps a few pickles.
    Thanks Sunflower! I'm happy I don't have anywhere to go until Monday as well. I'm starting day 2 and reading everyone on here is really helping
  • Good Morning All,
    Today is day 1 of my reboot. I've updated my stats and am planning to lose 10 lbs. While I'm not looking forward to the next couple of days, I am looking forward to how good I will feel once I get these extra lbs off.
    Good Luck everyone! And keep posting.
  • good morning all. I see our numbers are growing. That is awesome. Keep on posting.

Today is day 4, so almost through the hard part. It is amazing that the fibromyalgia pain is almost gone already!! How many times does it have to be proven to me that sugar is the enemy that keeps me feeling like crud? aaarrrggghhh!!!

NSV yesterday. Will preface that movie theater popcorn is a serious downfall for me and that the last time I went with my DH and DD we ate 1.5 large vats of popcorn. eek.. Yesterday, i went to movies in a group of 6 people. I usually dont go this early on in the IP program because of the addiction but I went anyway. In my group there were 3 large popcorns and at least 6 boxes of candy. I brought my 2 cups of veggies (marinated mushrooms, dill pickles, and pickled asparagus) and enjoyed those. Did not even eat the restricted white cheddar soy puff packet I brought!! enjoyed the movie and it was not a big deal after all.

anyway, off to work. That a great day.
  • Good morning, everyone!

Adding my name to the list of rebooters for the new year. I decided that I was letting my bad habits get out of control and that I needed a reboot. I chose to begin on 12/01/13 and when I looked back at my notes from the previous year, I realized that I started IP 12/01/12! In a year, I came back full-circle.

My December was embarrassingly NOT 100% OP, but as of 12/30/12, I'm dedicated to continuing the program until spring. 3 days in and I'm feeling good.

It's great to see familiar faces on here from last year! I'm just a lurker here, as I usually don't contribute to any conversations, but checking this board daily was REALLY helpful during my journey last year. Many of you were integral to keeping me on track.

I truly know that phasing off improperly, and letting my fun days turn into fun months is exactly the reason why the weight came back on. I'm glad I have a group of you for this next step!

We WILL do it!
  • i am restarting but was looking at doing a juice cleanse for a few days post-holiday before i restart the IP. anyone tried something like that? how will juicing impact? looking to reboot on 1/6/14....
  • Count me in too!
    Hi all
    So glad to see others in the same boat...
    I lost 13 lbs with IP in the spring and Christmas was the death of me! I enjoyed the treats and an now up 8 lbs as a result. Hate that my clothes are not fitting and when I look at myself in the mirror, I am starting to see the 'fat' face again...
    I have tried to start again several times with no success. Am hoping this is the time!! I am trying to do it using alternatives and not going to the coach as it is so expensive to buy the IP food. I am giving myself a month and if that doesn't work, I am marching myself into my coach's office.
    Wishing us all success in 2014!
  • Once again
    Good Morning Restart IPeeps:

I closed my last thread and am joining ya'll here. Today is day two and so far so good. Of corse I have only been up for about an hour. I lost my job two days before Christmas, so I am enjoying getting to sleep in late for a change.

As I said in my post. In Sept of 2012 I was doing a 2 week reboot and it ended up lasting over a year and I gained almost all of my weight back. I tried to start back several times but failed miserably because my heart and mind was not in the same mindset as it was when I first started. Now I am back to where I was the first time..........Sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have been living in my scrubs because I refuse to go and buy bigger clothes.

Soooo......I am back 100%
  • Quote: Hi all
    So glad to see others in the same boat...
    I lost 13 lbs with IP in the spring and Christmas was the death of me! I enjoyed the treats and an now up 8 lbs as a result. Hate that my clothes are not fitting and when I look at myself in the mirror, I am starting to see the 'fat' face again...
    I have tried to start again several times with no success. Am hoping this is the time!! I am trying to do it using alternatives and not going to the coach as it is so expensive to buy the IP food. I am giving myself a month and if that doesn't work, I am marching myself into my coach's office.
    Wishing us all success in 2014!

Alternatives work just as well, and with the help and support of those here I was able to lose 62 pounds the first go around.
  • Quote: Good Morning Restart IPeeps:

I closed my last thread and am joining ya'll here. Today is day two and so far so good. Of corse I have only been up for about an hour. I lost my job two days before Christmas, so I am enjoying getting to sleep in late for a change.

As I said in my post. In Sept of 2012 I was doing a 2 week reboot and it ended up lasting over a year and I gained almost all of my weight back. I tried to start back several times but failed miserably because my heart and mind was not in the same mindset as it was when I first started. Now I am back to where I was the first time..........Sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have been living in my scrubs because I refuse to go and buy bigger clothes.

Rissi- I feel your pain. I am down to 3 pairs of pants. tried to go skiing a couple weeks ago and the pants zipper would not zip!! needless to say, sat in the lodge and read (and drowned my sorrows with cheese fries- LOL) while the family went skiing. I am back.
  • starting today, forgot my vitamins at home when i get home i will begin preparations for a rump roast in my crock pot i can't wait!! hoping to get down to 160...currently at 178
  • Looking forward to a great restart as well. Thursdays were always my toughest days when I was on IP previously so I thought I would start on a Thursday. Hopefully on days 3 and 4 I won't be tempted to mindlessly nibble since I'm not at work stuck at my desk... I don't post often but tremendously enjoy reading all the posts. Good Luck everyone.
  • Quote: Good Morning Restart IPeeps:

Welcome back! I remember you back in 2012 as well. I was close to goal in summer 2012 and went from Phase 1 right into normal everyday life. Needless to say, it ALL came back. I couldn't believe it. I loved being the skinny girl who could eat anything...until I wasn't the skinny girl anymore and was sneaking fast food every day. And like you, I tried restarting many times but I think now with the new year, I am in a better place and ready to go. I am now on Day 2 and am already down 3 lbs and feeling wonderful. It's amazing how your body "thanks" you for not putting garbage in it all the time.

Also, I wanted to share that I found this cool new app called Meal Logger. I use it to simply take a picture of everything I eat and write a quick description. Sort of like the food journal I did the first time around on paper. it definitely helps to quickly see what I am eating that day and isn't nearly as tedious as MyFitnessPal.

Here's to new motivation in Round 2! we restarters know how it can come back..so it's our time to never let that happen again and do right this time.
  • I'm about 1/2 way through day 2 and I'm feeling pretty hungry. I know it will take another day or so to adjust so I'm staying strong. I made some tea and refilled my water glass. I'll have some salad here in a few minutes but might have to make supper a little early and save my snack for around 7 pm.