Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 5 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Exactor - It goes to show, we all have our ups and downs. I'm psyched for you that you decided to nip it in the bud while things haven't completely spiraled out of control. You are here NOW and that's what counts. An IP friend recently told me, "there's no use in looking back, live in the present and strive to do your best." I'm here today to relay that same message to you and anyone else who struggles along with us.
    Thanks, KareVT. That's exactly what I'm thinking - nip it in the bud now while it's manageable.

Quote: Weird how tastes change. First time around celery was my go to veg. This time can barely look at it. Hmmm. Need to go pick up some turnip, zucchini and cauli for roasting plus some jicama and kohlrabi for snacking.
    I know just what you mean! Foods I lived on and loved for 11 months now are not tasting and smelling the same. Wonder why that is.

Quote: Happy 2014! I am in for the New Years reboot! I have ~30lb to lose post-partum. I hit goal Sep 2012, maintained, got pregnant Dec 2012, and had a little girl Sep 2013. Started off good, eating well, exercising 6-weeks pp, then pulled a muscle 2x and have blobbed out since then. I can't do P1 as I am nursing, but am going to P3-ish and testing out my muscles to ramp up workouts. Cheers and prayers for a healthy 2014!
    Welcome back, LizRR! You were such an inspiration to me when I first started IP back in July 2012. You reached your goal shortly after I started and I loved reading your posts about staying on track and all of your IP recipes. You're the one who taught me to make the veggie purees which made the soups tolerable for me. Your before and after pictures and your "what are you wearing today" posts really inspired me to keep going, which I did until I reached my goal in June! Congrats on the birth of your daughter and good luck getting back on track!

Happy New Year to everyone!
  • Hello all, I lost 110 lbs doing IP in 2012. If I follow the rules I maintain pretty good, unfortunately I started to slide back into old patterns and in the past 7 months, I've regained 30 lbs. Been back on IP since Thanksgiving and am down 8 lbs. I didn't even start weighing myself until 3 weeks ago, I was afraid of what the scale would say. It took a while to get back my will power. This time I'm using alternatives from Nashua Nutrition. Glad to have support. Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • Quote: Hello all, I lost 110 lbs doing IP in 2012. If I follow the rules I maintain pretty good, unfortunately I started to slide back into old patterns and in the past 7 months, I've regained 30 lbs. Been back on IP since Thanksgiving and am down 8 lbs. I didn't even start weighing myself until 3 weeks ago, I was afraid of what the scale would say. It took a while to get back my will power. This time I'm using alternatives from Nashua Nutrition. Glad to have support. Happy New Year everyone!!!
    Welcome back!! Glad you came back before the weight all came back. I love this program. A friend just asked if I "have" to be so strict. I replied that I choose to be strict because it allows me to distance myself quickly from carbohydrates so I can minimize withdrawal but more importantly work on my sugar addiction. It is amazing to me how once I stopped following the rules and my fun day morphed into a fun weekend, then week, then life. At the same time my P1 day or so became a day became a half day then a protein shake followed by dessert and then disappeared altogether. Only when I divorce the carbs can I see it. Do I like it?? Heck no!! But it's what I have to work with. So I meditate and pray and do what I can to slay the carb dragon on a daily basis. (Sorry this is so woo-woo)
  • Hi Everyone!! I am about to the end of my first day back OP... and so far so good!! Did my weigh in this morning... OUCH! changing my ticker to show my gain... of 11.3 lbs!!!! sigh!! We can and will do this Again!!
  • Quote: Happy 2014! I am in for the New Years reboot! I have ~30lb to lose post-partum. I hit goal Sep 2012, maintained, got pregnant Dec 2012, and had a little girl Sep 2013. Started off good, eating well, exercising 6-weeks pp, then pulled a muscle 2x and have blobbed out since then. I can't do P1 as I am nursing, but am going to P3-ish and testing out my muscles to ramp up workouts. Cheers and prayers for a healthy 2014!
    HI Lizrr!!! You where such an inspiration for me before!! I am glad your back and congrats on your baby girl!!
  • Hello Lizrr! I love veggie purees. I make them every week, even when I wasn't following IP, such an easy way to get in a great variety of veggies. Let's get this done ladies
  • Hello! I saw several from MD and I'm from Frederick as well so it's nice to see local faces so to speak. I am a teacher who is anxious to go back to work because being at home for Christmas had been rough on my diet lol. I did my own version of IP with a friend from work from May to Sept and lost 40 lbs. I maintained it till December and am hoping to lose about 20 more. This site was a big help back in May so I am here looking for more motivation again. Best of luck to all of you restarting today and I hope to be alongside you!
  • Quote: Welcome back!! Glad you came back before the weight all came back. I love this program. A friend just asked if I "have" to be so strict. I replied that I choose to be strict because it allows me to distance myself quickly from carbohydrates so I can minimize withdrawal but more importantly work on my sugar addiction. It is amazing to me how once I stopped following the rules and my fun day morphed into a fun weekend, then week, then life. At the same time my P1 day or so became a day became a half day then a protein shake followed by dessert and then disappeared altogether. Only when I divorce the carbs can I see it. Do I like it?? Heck no!! But it's what I have to work with. So I meditate and pray and do what I can to slay the carb dragon on a daily basis. (Sorry this is so woo-woo)
    I know what you mean about the cheat days... I find that I feel my best when doing IP, I'm not not bloated and tired. It's a reality that I learned the hard way. I guess I also didn't learn that sugar (even when lots of pounds are lost) is NOT my friend this time I'm taking it 1 lb at a time, and trying to understand why I try to sabotage myself after accomplishing my goal.
    I need to add a new ticker I guess.
  • Quote: Happy 2014! I am in for the New Years reboot! I have ~30lb to lose post-partum. I hit goal Sep 2012, maintained, got pregnant Dec 2012, and had a little girl Sep 2013. Started off good, eating well, exercising 6-weeks pp, then pulled a muscle 2x and have blobbed out since then. I can't do P1 as I am nursing, but am going to P3-ish and testing out my muscles to ramp up workouts. Cheers and prayers for a healthy 2014!
    Hello my friend, congrats on the new baby girl! Sorry you injured yourself, wishing you a speedy recovery. I had a spinach smoothie this morning and still make other veggie purees- thanks to you. The purees are one of the reasons I made it to my goal Happy 2014
  • So many familiar faces. I got down to 130 in April 2012, but realized that this is too low for me to maintain at. I have a terrible time with Decembers, everything just goes out of control for me with so much socializing. I am up 15 pounds after two Decembers so want to get that off again. But on my first round with IP I had most success with phase 2 so I am going with that this time. I am in my mid 60s and very short so just can't handle the huge amount of protein all at once with the evening meal. So will split it into 2 meals of four ounces each with veggies and it becomes phase 2. I have started some weights too at my doctors strong recommendation and don't want to give that up. So I am not really following IP as outlined but would like to join this thread. As Swim momma said, it means a total breakup with carbs. Good luck to all of us!
  • I will be starting tomorrow. As many others have said I absolutely cannot have refined carbs into my daily diet. My body does not tolerate carbs. After the first three days this diet becomes a great tool for those of us that have issues with carbs. Ketosis is a wonderful thing.
  • I'm in the same boat. I lost 25-30 a year and a half ago, doing alternatives.
    Been back up 10 (now 13) for a few months. Several failed reboots later, day 1 down.
    It's very hard to reboot, I had an easy time staying on plan the first time, hopefully this reboot will stick.
    I think if I can be disciplined for one week the cravings will be gone. Right now my stomach is growling and I'm craving everything.
  • Today is day one for me!! Cooked some cabbage, onions and asparagus in chicken broth, some ground chicken 3 oz to put in my chicken noodle soup today. Have my Green Leaf Stevia. Bag is packed for work and I'm ready. glad to see I only gained 3 lbs from stopping end of October. Amazing, I don't know how that's even possible but I'll take it.

I can do this yup yup yup!!!!!! need to get excited about it like before!!!
  • Day 1 for me. I gained 20 pounds over the last 4 years, originally lost 30 pounds. I plan on having the motivation I had last time. I feel so much better on plan not eating carbs. We can do this. Planning ahead for meals is very important. Good luck.
  • I finished day 1 of IP with no real issues except being a little hungry. I know some suggest eating extra veggies and drinking more water but I'm concerned about eating extra veggies when it says to eat exactly what' on the program. Any guidance you can give is appreciated.