Restart/reboot starting Jan 1,2014....

You're on Page 18 of 35
Go to
  • Hi ladies-
    Second round for me after regaining almost 20 of my 50+ pound loss.
    On day 4, ketosis coming on!
    Am SO happy to get rid of the almost constant stomach pain from sloppy eating (grains and sugar).
  • Hello all,

Out this afternoon (temp is up to 21) for a doctor appt and then allergy shots. Need to shop for some more veggies too. So good to see everyone doing so well Lisa your new pic is great!
  • I'm a "rebooter"!
    Hello everyone. I'm have my first reboot appointment on Wed morning. (I'm trying to get a start on my own before then.)

I lost 60 pounds with IP, 15 pounds short of my goal. Then stuff started happening....my coach quit, my job changed, my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Due to the awesome company I work for, I was able to stay with my parents for two months to help with his final days. I ate anything and everything! It didn't matter. My dad passed in October and now I'm putting my life/routine back in order. I now have about 40 pounds to get to my goal! I refuse to buy bigger clothes again.

I have never actually reached my weight goal in my life. So I've joined three chicks and have vowed to track my food this time. Hopefully these things will help push my all the way. My dad cheered me on, and I don't want to let him (or myself) down.

I'm new to the whole forum/threads thing. So if I screw something up, please forgive me.
  • Morning ladies-
    Well I have made it to day 3 and been home where temptation is highest , at work I pack by food so ....if I did 't bring it ...then it does not exist.
    When at home it is 3 meals a day ...and I am making for others things that are totally forbidden for me if I want t o stay OP.
    So 3 days is a big deal for me ... Cuz we have freezer and a frig in the garage, Kitchen of course frig, and in the basement a kitchen .... So only safe zone is upstairs in my bedroom.
    Last night I hid out there until 12am came and a new day started and I made it safely thru the day. I am having such a hard time building up momentum. Before I was rock solid could not even be tempted,now everything calls my name and reminds me it still here.
    I keep telling myself I have done it before and been successful ..... I do love the holidays but I let myself go Hog wild and pig crazy and now I am paying the price.

Coffee bean congrats on day 8!

MaMaZu congrats on day 4!

Bellamack I too need to shop for some more veggies, I am a Red pepper girl eat them like an Apple, kind of burnt out on my go to Cukes, guess it is Broccoli for me ,I buy it from Costco in the large bags.
    I need to Prep some meals so I don't have to think about what to eat.
    Since I work nights my eating schedule is different then others so I will eat my largest meal during the day .
    I watched Dr Ozzie last night on Own network and the Doctor said most important was to have a schedule and adhere to it , for me that is extremely helpful. Using the clock to tell me when I should eat otherwise I will eat even when not hungry and overeat mindlessly popping things into my mouth ....that really isn't something I truly wanted ....then searching for something that I do want to eat!
    It is amazing once you let the Jack in the Box out...how difficult it can be shoving his little body back into the box...he just keeps popping out,
    Have a great day and may we all have a firm resolve....until temptation forgets our name!
    Roo2
  • Dailybread so sorry for your loss and the difficult time you had.

Sometimes we can only juggle so many balls , and we do what is the most important.
    You were where you were suppose to be and it was a blessing to your family that you were able to spend the time with them.

There is an old saying a son is son till he takes a wife ...but a daughter is a daughter all of her life, I find that very true.
    My Mom lives with us and we as a family arrange our work schedules to care for her.
    Being the Sandwich generation can be hard to carve out some time and put ourselves on the to do list.

Glad your here rebooting with us.
    Good luck ,
    Roo2
  • Hey Coffeebean - were you near where they closed the roads down on Sunday d/t the bad weather?? I worked with people who were unable to get home or come into work, it was a real mess!

Roo2

So glad the weather is no longer in the negative range without the windchill
  • Day 7 of reboot, and had my first appt. w/nurse where I work for weekly weigh-ins. I'm down 11 lbs, and sure it feels great to have that bloat gone, now I can get cracking on the real weight I have to lose.

Off to a great start, and glad to feel in control of something, when everything else seems out of control crazy - my job for the most part.

Hello to all the new and familiar faces, have a great day!

Quote: Hello everyone. I'm have my first reboot appointment on Wed morning. (I'm trying to get a start on my own before then.)

I lost 60 pounds with IP, 15 pounds short of my goal. Then stuff started happening....my coach quit, my job changed, my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Due to the awesome company I work for, I was able to stay with my parents for two months to help with his final days. I ate anything and everything! It didn't matter. My dad passed in October and now I'm putting my life/routine back in order. I now have about 40 pounds to get to my goal! I refuse to buy bigger clothes again.

I have never actually reached my weight goal in my life. So I've joined three chicks and have vowed to track my food this time. Hopefully these things will help push my all the way. My dad cheered me on, and I don't want to let him (or myself) down.

I'm new to the whole forum/threads thing. So if I screw something up, please forgive me.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Stick with the forum and check in frequently, it really is great for motivation and support.
  • Hi Roo2
    NO our roads were not closed but it was suppose to be an emergency to be on the roads. All the business were closed until yesterday and the first day we had mail since last Saturday. It is snowing right now not suppose to get much accumulations. Feels like a heat wave outside 15 degrees.
  • I had my shake around 6:30 this morning and it's now 1:12 and I am still not hungry!!!

love it haha
  • Quote: Hello everyone. I'm have my first reboot appointment on Wed morning. (I'm trying to get a start on my own before then.)

Daily bread- welcome back. So sorry for your loss. I also am rebounding into my life again after a loss is early November. So Do know, it is hard to focus on self when there is so much going on around you... Now perhaps you will enter a peaceful phase and find the strength to do what you need.
    You can do this and we are glad you see you here. Be good to yourself...and that means it's OK to focus on you!
  • Rebooting This Year Too
    I got to my goal weight last March and maintained for several months, but then started new job, moved, and used carbs for stress management. Gained all the weight back (27lbs) and now I'm back on to reach goal. My plan is to add meditation and exercise (after I can add restricted foods) to help with stress reduction.
  • Welcome Wyowoman and sending you positive vibes!!

Sunflower I wish my Shake would last that long!!! Am praying for be resolve to return,
    65X65 I 2nd what you said to Dailybread .
    And you have helped to inspire me with your strength and positive attitude
    star girl Congratualtions on day 7 of your reboot... Looking forward to when. I will be on day 7

Coffeebean it is snowing here too in Ill and a balmy 20F.
    My trash has yet to be pulled and it was due to be picked up on Monday.
    Kids went back to school on Wednesday.
    I think on Friday we are getting freezing rain ....just in time for to fight rush hour traffic !!
    This looks like it is going to be a hard winter in the Midwest.
    So looking forward to Spring or The garbage truck to remove our Christmas tree off the front lawn ..before the Snowplow accidentally run into .
    Thank goodness for Snowblowers.
    Maybe I have Hot Chocolate IP in my Coffee.
    Just need to make it thru this day without a slip only 8 more hours left!
    Am I the only one that does the countdown till my next day?
    I am hanging on by my fingertips!
    This starting over has been tough for me ...I have had so many false starts I am ashamed to say, but that was in the past and it will not benefit me to hang on to my slips .....so I just need to keep propelling myself forward until I hit my stride again!
    Wishing everyone the best of luck with your reboot
    Roo2
  • Thanks Roo
    That doesn't happen very often for me. I'm usually starving 3 hrs after my shake, sometimes less. But I also had a job interview today and that's probaby why. I woke around 3 am and could not fall back to sleep. Just getting by on pure adrenaline right now.

If you're on day 7 (I'm on day 8 btw) you shouldn't be feeling this way. Are you hungry often? are you drinking tea? You're right, if you slip again you will only feel horrible about yourself and give up altogether. Stick this through and you will be back to goal or close to it in no time. I just noticed you're 5'2 and was down to 104. What is your goal this time? perhaps you may want to set a more realistic maintainable goal. 104 sounds too low IMHO. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
  • Quote: Thanks Roo
    That doesn't happen very often for me. I'm usually starving 3 hrs after my shake, sometimes less. But I also had a job interview today and that's probaby why. I woke around 3 am and could not fall back to sleep. Just getting by on pure adrenaline right now.

If you're on day 7 (I'm on day 8 btw) you shouldn't be feeling this way. Are you hungry often? are you drinking tea? You're right, if you slip again you will only feel horrible about yourself and give up altogether. Stick this through and you will be back to goal or close to it in no time. I just noticed you're 5'2 and was down to 104. What is your goal this time? perhaps you may want to set a more realistic maintainable goal. 104 sounds too low IMHO. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    No Sunflower I am on day 3 looking forward to day 7, Sorry if I did not make it clear .... I was dreaming of where Stargate was not me.
    Thanks !
    Roo2
    I was able to maintain it for quite a while but then when I went back to eating normally I rebounded fast.
    So I will have to find a happy balance , I have a small frame and it took getting down to 105-110 to where I did not have pudge coming under my bra
  • Quote: No Sunflower I am on day 3 looking forward to day 7, Sorry if I did not make it clear .... I was dreaming of where Stargate was not me.
    Thanks !
    Roo2
    LOL oh - I totally misunderstood.
    In that case I couldn't wait for Day 2/3 to be over. Hang in there, you are going to feel awesome (atleast better and less hungry) by tomorrow.