Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #151  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Carter View Post
Welcome back! I wanted to share that I found this cool new app called Meal Logger. I use it to simply take a picture of everything I eat and write a quick description. Sort of like the food journal I did the first time around on paper. it definitely helps to quickly see what I am eating that day and isn't nearly as tedious as MyFitnessPal.

Here's to new motivation in Round 2! we restarters know how it can come back..so it's our time to never let that happen again and do right this time.
Mom2Carter - thanks for the app referral, I'm going to check it out. Since rebooting on 12/26 I have been terrible at recording food in my journal. It's a challenge throughout the day and I also feel like I'm OP so why record? But, I understand how helpful it is when I do need to go back and reflect not to mention, my coach comes down on me for not journaling so, my goal is to be better about it. This app will be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
UGH. I suck. I just had a couple handfuls of pita chips, some beef jerky and some sugar free ice cream...why do I do that?!??!?! It is so not worth the guilt after. Tomorrow I will be stronger than the cravings in the evenings!!!!!!!!!!! So much for ketosis for another few days!!
jmanovich - I know, it's so hard to reboot but YOU CAN DO THIS! We can all do this. I know you are disappointed in yourself but I hope you are able to pick yourself up, brush it off and move forward. Just keep in mind that if you wait any longer (with every day that passes that you are not OP) could be an extra lb of weight and you do not want that so, try again and set mini (manageable) goals for yourself. Also, be good to yourself - no negative self talk, that only makes things worse.

Question for All:

Are any of you addicted to stevia or any of the sugar substitutes like myself? I really need to be more proactive in kicking my habit of adding a pack every time I drink something hot (coffee or tea). I've read that I should not have more than 2 pkts of Stevia a day, or else it turns to sugar in the system. Can anyone confirm? I need to start weening myself off of it altogether but not sure if that's going to happen. But, it's either kick the stevia or, be okay with a slower weight loss, right?
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

swimcoachmamma & Lisa. I too have fibromyalgia ( diagnosed in 1990, when I never heard of it) I had an accident in 1986 and broke my back and neck, my bones healed well ( I was in the hospital for 28 days) but after returning to work 2 months later, I started aching all over, just couldn't stand the pain. The rheumy I went to told me that fibro often starts after trauma. Now I have also decided to go 'gluten-free" as my PCP thought it worth a try. For 4 years now my Vit D & B12 have been low. My PCP puts me on 50,000/wk Vit D and after 4 months it reaches high 30's, then I take 3000/day for a month and it plummets down to single digits and since even high 30's is too low ( according to my doc), she thinks it may be an absorption problem and some people do better without gluten, so I am giving it a go. We shall see any tips are appreciated.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Are any of you addicted to stevia or any of the sugar substitutes like myself? I really need to be more proactive in kicking my habit of adding a pack every time I drink something hot (coffee or tea). I've read that I should not have more than 2 pkts of Stevia a day, or else it turns to sugar in the system. Can anyone confirm? I need to start weening myself off of it altogether but not sure if that's going to happen. But, it's either kick the stevia or, be okay with a slower weight loss, right?
I knew IP was pretty high in sweet tasting stuff so from the get-go I decided to limit "sweet"
There is lots of research on this topic of whether artificial sweeteners turn to sugar in the system (or cause an insulin surge). And it appears you can find on the Internet support for either side if you so choose.

I just knew for me that a healthy diet does not include eating desserts and sweets all the time so I wanted to limit them on the plan as well. This got more difficult when I cut soy and gluten. But not impossible. I make the potato purée zucchini muffins frequently and also mashed cauliflower with the potato purée.

Personally, I am much more concerned about Splenda/sucralose and aspartame than I am about Stevia. In my personal experience when I have something sweet it makes me want more sweet.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #154  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Oh, thank you Lisa! I treasure your responses and your wealth of knowledge is absolutely amazing. I'll do some research as you suggest but I know you are right, there are varying camps, it just depends on what ya read and decide to believe for yourself...

You also raise another good point about what it means to be on a healthy diet. When I started IP in Aug-2013 I didn't really think about how having 1 restricted every day would create a habit. Here I am, rebooting after the holidays and I can hardly wait for my treat of the day. Your words are making me consider whether or not to spread out my restricted snacks throughout the week. Perhaps a mini goal of mine for this week is to space the restricted snacks a couple of times.. Yes, that is something that I'd like to do. I've gotten too comfortable eating a restricted on a daily basis and I feel like I've slowed down my losses (even before falling off the wagon).

I'd like to change my perspective around and instead of treating this as a short term goal (to lose the weight) - I also need to consider that what I am doing now is creating a pattern for how I will eat in the future, when I am on maintenance. As you have mentioned in previous threads, losing the weight is easier than maintaining. I am fearful of entering maintenance b/c I don't completely trust that I can maintain - horrible, right?

Anyway, pondering your last comment - "Personally, I am much more concerned about Splenda/sucralose and aspartame than I am about Stevia. In my personal experience when I have something sweet it makes me want more sweet." Yep, I'm going to be more aware of how I feel after I eat restricted vs. non-restricted and try to cut back on the restricted snacks. You're right, in every-day-life when I am maintaining, I will not have a treat on a daily basis.

Thanks again for making me "THINK" about all of this stuff @Lisa
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #155  

I bit the bullet and weighed myself. I had gained about 3 more pounds than I had "hoped" which makes it an 8 pound gain off my low. I have been on plan since Monday so I don't really know if I weighed more than this. I can only assume so. My husband always tells me to weigh right away so I can see that I am definitely losing but it truly depresses me. But now I am depressed anyway. I am going to weigh every morning from now on, so I can know for sure that this is working.

Kelly
Kelbel1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #156  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! I'm going to do my annual reboot this coming week! I'm up 6 pounds from where I want to be, so I will start my P1 tomorrow or Monday. I ordered some items from Nashua and will stock up on my IP drinks on Tuesday wen I see my coach.

I lost 83 pounds on IP from June 2012 to March 2013 and then have been maintaining. A few have crept on, and now I'm at my goal weight. I like to be 5-6 pounds under goal, so I'm ready to start getting back.

Happy New Year to you all!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

rebooting myself. thanksgiving was a breeze but went to my sister's for christmas and she's a helluva baker. i did pretty well, sent supplements ahead of time, but fell off. by new years eve i was eating fast food. so yeah. been back on since 1/1 but scared to weigh.
wosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Day 4 done..made u thru.. I just ordered some stuff from Nashua.. they are offering 10% off and free shipping for orders of $49 or more.. the coupon code is newyou10 if anyone is interested.
I went to GNC & vitamin world today looking for a supplement for the potassium.. and could only find potassium citrate...? Anyone have a generic ip potassium? I know finding supplements for IP is hard.. if no one has any recommendations. . I will go to the clinc on wed and bite the bullet and buy some...
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Question for All:

Are any of you addicted to stevia or any of the sugar substitutes like myself? I really need to be more proactive in kicking my habit of adding a pack every time I drink something hot (coffee or tea). I've read that I should not have more than 2 pkts of Stevia a day, or else it turns to sugar in the system. Can anyone confirm? I need to start weening myself off of it altogether but not sure if that's going to happen. But, it's either kick the stevia or, be okay with a slower weight loss, right? [/QUOTE]

I was told by my coach that Stevia (green leaf) is unlimited and I was averaging 3 to 4 lbs a week and I had 3 to 8 a day. I at first had the wrong Stevia sweetener and had an issue with hunger, that's when I realized I had the wrong one that had sucrose but the "grean leaf" is great and allowed unlimited
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone,

Day 4 done. I can tell I've burned through all my glycogen stores 'cause I'm really hungry today. I feel weak, too. I hope it passes soon. I've tried green tea, a few extra pickles, and some turkey breast.

Any suggestions rebooters??

Thanks,

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #161  

Hi all, I gained all my weight back and am ready to start this again! I need help, the website that I have used in the past, buyproteinfood.com, has changed! I saw something called P20. No more IP? Is this right? Is there another website that anyone knows of that sells IP?
BlackSky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I am restarting too... Love this! Was maintaining at goal until December when I started baking cookies and drinking eggnog ( thinking I need to think of a better teacher/neighbor gift for next year? Soap or candles? Baking is just too tempting!) Bought a box of IP Vanilla drink as a treat, and am going shopping tomorrow for veggies. Let's do this!
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #163  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Just wanted to reacb out and say hi since our stats are so similar and im also on day 2! we can do this!
Hey there, Thanks for the reach out. Our stats are similar. We can do this. I am in this for the long haul and to finally get to goal and learn to live at maintenance. It has to be hard on the body to go up and down in weight like I do.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #164  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post

Starting to again look at my relationship with sugar. It is toxic to me. I know this. By day 3 on IP I have resolution of fibromyalgia pain. I know this also. I know that eating carbs hurts. It is the stupid addiction that tells my brain that this time it will be different. A little bite won't hurt. Arrrggghhh!!! Carbs for me is an addiction and this needs to be treated(for me) like any other addiction. First detox. (Ugh). Then working through it day by day with good support, meditation, and prayer. I thank you all for being here for me.
This is exactly how I am. I believe these same behaviors are why I have such a hard time sticking with the plan long term. I get off to a really good start and then the sugar demon takes over and I go off plan for some some carbs. I really do believe it is a serious addiction. It looks like you have a good plan in place with the support, meditation, and prayer. I am really going to work on those things and not just focus on the weight loss. I feel that when one has a sugar addiction that healing the inner person is necessary.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
This is exactly how I am. I believe these same behaviors are why I have such a hard time sticking with the plan long term. I get off to a really good start and then the sugar demon takes over and I go off plan for some some carbs. I really do believe it is a serious addiction. It looks like you have a good plan in place with the support, meditation, and prayer. I am really going to work on those things and not just focus on the weight loss. I feel that when one has a sugar addiction that healing the inner person is necessary.
Agreed. Let's do this together and slay the carb dragon!!!!
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote