Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #346  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasyblond401 View Post
I want to join.......I have lost 10 lbs.
and on your 10 lb loss!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #347  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftybookworm View Post
I am starting IP again on Monday using alternative products. I was on the protocol after my son was born and it worked really well, but I couldn't continue because I was in a bad marriage. He selfishly controlled our money and created crisis after crisis that interfered with me staying OP. Now I've been separated for a year and will be filing divorce very soon. I want to take better care of myself so that I can see my son grow old; I am the only sane parent he has and I don't want to die young and leave him alone. I really believe that I will be able to see it through to the end this time and I am hoping that I can find encouragement here when the plateaus inevitably come!

Welcome to the most positive and support forum! I am starting my 4th week on IP and I have found such great support and conversations here. Such a caring bunch of folks!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #348  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weigh in #4 today. And I've gained!!! 2 lbs!!!! I didn't wear what I normally wear to weigh ins, had on jeans, tank top and t shirt today. Normally I just wear a tank top and leggings. Also, I didn't get all my water in 3days this week d/t work being so crazy busy! Anyone think of any reasons why I might have gained, it's not T.O.M. And I was only slightly constipated, I'm starting on floralax. I didn't cheat and had tomatoes only once! I did only lose 0.5 inch around my tummy this week too! Very discouraged and looking for some answers!
My culprit with skimpy losses was invariably the big C, even though I "went" every day. Sorry if tmi. This is a very common problem on IP & can give a disappointing WI, even when you really are melting away the fat. Try on your clothes and you will likely see your progress where it counts the most! My coach told me the colon can store up to 10 lbs. If the floralax doesn't work for you for some reason, there are many alternatives. I used Smooth Move tea.

Water is really important and also helps to control hunger. I hope your new shift allows you to get it in. I'm also a nurse and know firsthand how impossible it often is to get to the bathroom.

Some suggestions that have worked for me are to drink 32 oz of water first thing after waking, 4 hrs before my shift. Then it's easier to fit in the rest. 16 oz before the drive home; 16 oz right after I get home. Are you able fit a 4 or 8 oz water bottle on you somewhere? Sipping it throughout the day rather than drinking a full glass might spare your bladder.

Keep working at it, don't give up! Drink extra on your days off, too. I have to admit water is one of the things I'm not crazy about on the program. Even on maintenance, though, every time I skip some of it, I get extra hungry and lose focus.

Last edited by mars735; 02-02-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Yes water is very important. Got stuck somewhere yesterday and didn't get my water in and ate lunch way to late Back on track today. Holy cow I didn't know that your colon can hang onto 10lbs of poop...yuck
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #350  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
My culprit with skimpy losses was invariably the big C, even though I "went" every day. Sorry if tmi. This is a very common problem on IP & can give a disappointing WI, even when you really are melting away the fat. Try on your clothes and you will likely see your progress where it counts the most! My coach told me the colon can store up to 10 lbs. If the floralax doesn't work for you for some reason, there are many alternatives. I used Smooth Move tea.

Water is really important and also helps to control hunger. I hope your new shift allows you to get it in. I'm also a nurse and know firsthand how impossible it often is to get to the bathroom.

Some suggestions that have worked for me are to drink 32 oz of water first thing after waking, 4 hrs before my shift. Then it's easier to fit in the rest. 16 oz before the drive home; 16 oz right after I get home. Are you able fit a 4 or 8 oz water bottle on you somewhere? Sipping it throughout the day rather than drinking a full glass might spare your bladder.

Keep working at it, don't give up! Drink extra on your days off, too. I have to admit water is one of the things I'm not crazy about on the program. Even on maintenance, though, every time I skip some of it, I get extra hungry and lose focus.
Haha, I've been going every day, just not as much as normal. It's impossible for me to drink 32 oz before my shift, I do 12h shifts, get up at 530 and I have my shake on my way to work. Yes, it is hard as a nurse to get to the bathroom to even pee but its the physically drinking the water I had a hard time with! I tried just leaving my cup on my med cart, but I'm so focused on this pain med or am meds etc etc that I wasn't able to drink much that way. I did take my cup of water in for my breaks with me but then I was drinking my shakes or eating supper, and was too full for water. Wouldn't it be funny to hear your nurse sloshing as she walked down the hallway lol!

It could have been the oil now that I think of it, I wasn't measuring, so I am back to measuring!

I did work days this weekend and was able to get all my water in, left it on my cart and guzzled it like a champ when I got home.it wasn't as busy at work. I also skipped my am tea, sucks to sacrifice but I'm super mad I've gained so ill do anything! I've also been taking floralax daily.

My clothes are almost too big already, scrubs are falling off of me and I'm gonna need a smaller bra soon too, so I see a difference but it was upsetting the scale and measuring tape didn't show it!

Yes, your colon can hold up to 10lbs of "junk" it's usually all the processed food crap we eat stuck in there!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #351  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Smile

Hello everyone. My name is Ruth Ann too I started IP last Wednesday and will have my first check in tomorrow. My husband started on Monday. I am really looking forward to all of the friendliness and support here.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi! This is my first post but I've been lurking for a week or so

I started IP on Saturday and I think things are going really well so far, considering I've heard days #3-4 can suck.

I can already see that I'm going to have to be more inventive with how I prepare meats and veggies but I've been looking at some new recipes I can try next week.

Two things that I miss most: gum and putting food into my face! LOL. Not that I'm even hungry, but I miss the action of it, and I miss eating what I want when I want it. It's blown my mind how much I must have relied on food for comfort or to relieve boredom. Yikes!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi! Today is my first day on IP...I'm using alternative products and doing the plan in an effort to lose weight for my WEDDING in August! My MOH and best friend has been on IP for 3 weeks and is down 10+ lbs so she was the kick in the pants I needed to start! Nice to "meet" you all
Old 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #354  

S/C/G: 163.4/163.4/123

Height: 5'

Trying to make a decision. Do I go with a local clinic zero support and just buy products and come to you all for support, or travel weekly for an hour for a ten minute "support session" and fork out lots more money??? I haven't had luck getting back on alone. Lost 56 pounds maintained goal for over a year but totally went crazy and now have 40 to lose. Any thoughts?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #355  

Question about timing/pace of IP meals. Before IP, I found that if I eat anything between 5 and 7a.m., I am inevitably hungry again by 9 a.m. So for the first 9 days of IP, I started my morning with water and mint tea and then had an IP around 8:30 or 9. This seemed to work well as I lost 7.3 in that time. But by day 8, I was finding it hard to get all my IPs in.....not that hungry. My coach said to start eating earlier to keep my body fueled. Intellectually, it makes sense, but in practice my body is again hungry an hour after my first meal. I am not sure if I should continue eating earlier and then being hungry, or if I should return to the water and tea followed by IP a little later. I understand the need to ensure all of my IPs, but the eating early is disrupting how I feel and I worry it will impact my progress or result in cheating. I have not cheated once in 12 days. Any feedback?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moek View Post
1st weigh in and I'm down 2.5 lbs - I'm happy - if I can keep that up I'm on my way
Great!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 231/176/135

Height: 5'5

Hi all!

I started IP two weeks ago and so far have lost a total of 15 pounds.
I've spent quite a bit of time browsing this forum looking at recipes and reading others' experiences with the diet.

Look forward to finally being a part of this support group!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #358  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

WI this morning. Down 3.5 lbs which is great as I had a stall last week but stuck with it 100% knowing that if I did, I would get there. Still some tightening up to do - I think my 4 cups of vegies have been increasing and I need to watch the oil as well! Went to boot camp on Monday but have decreased the intensity. No running in between weight sets, just walking and lower weights. Definitely good to be exercising. Am increasing IP packets to four on exercise days. Will see how it goes.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening

I'm finishing day 4 week 2 - I'm just hoping I didn't mess my whole week up today - had to go to a function after work - went with some collegues - for dinner I bought a protein bar and had an IP butterscotch pudding when I came home - am I safe?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #360  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good evening all, My name is Theresa.
I have randomly posted around but here is my full story on my weight that led me here.

I was banded Sept 26, 2010 weighing 248. I lost around 30lbs would lose only when I went in to get fill. Saw no other weightless in-between fills. I got to the point to where nothing would stay down except corn chips! healthy right lol.
Oct 2012 with a few months of not feeling good every day I decided to go in to band Dr and we decided to take all fluid out. I instantly felt better. March 2013 I quit smoking. Thought now that I felt better I would get back on the healthy life. About 2 months after I quit smoking I started gaining weight very quickly. I thought it was due to the band issues. but nope, because I quit smoking it unmasked that I have an over active thyroid! I now started this IP 3 weeks ago tomorrow starting weight at 309. 61 lbs heavier then when I had lapband surgery.

Now I am here praying to god that this IP works with my body.
Closed Thread