Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #226  

Hi,

I've been lurking for a short while, but this is my first post here.

I, or rather "we", started on IP just over a week ago... "we" being my wife, my daughter, and myself.

We just had our 1st weigh-in, and I lost 8.5 lbs, daughter 7.5 lbs, and my wife, 3.5 lbs.

We're not 100% sure why my wife's loss was so much less, but a couple of possibles:

- My wife has the least to lose (about 30 lbs vs. about 100 lbs for myself)
- She messed up, and had two restricted IP foods on one day the 1st week
- At the end of the 1st week, she started skipping having her 3rd IP meal (the "snack" one)

For myself, I'd been on a self-imposed (not formal, like Atkins) low-carb diet several years ago, but started gaining weight back in a really short time after I stopped smoking about 4 months ago, which was part of the reason I decided to try IP (plus, several other guys I know at work had been on it, and doing quite well).

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and looking forward to joining you all !!

Jim

Last edited by ohaya; 01-18-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #227  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoad View Post
I too am having the same issue, would love to hear from others if there will be a negative impact.
Salt is an important nutrient that your body needs. Because you aren't eating the typical sodium laden foods you run the risk of being deficient even if you're eating the IP foods that have a fair amount of sodium (i.e. soups, chips, etc). At least that's my understanding.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #228  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaya View Post
Hi,

I've been lurking for a short while, but this is my first post here.

I, or rather "we", started on IP just over a week ago... "we" being my wife, my daughter, and myself.

We just had our 1st weigh-in, and I lost 8.5 lbs, daughter 7.5 lbs, and my wife, 3.5 lbs.

We're not 100% sure why my wife's loss was so much less, but a couple of possibles:

- My wife has the least to lose (about 30 lbs vs. about 100 lbs for myself)
- She messed up, and had two restricted IP foods on one day the 1st week
- At the end of the 1st week, she started skipping having her 3rd IP meal (the "snack" one)

For myself, I'd been on a self-imposed (not formal, like Atkins) low-carb diet several years ago, but started gaining weight back in a really short time after I stopped smoking about 4 months ago, which was part of the reason I decided to try IP (plus, several other guys I know at work had been on it, and doing quite well).

Anyway, I'm glad to be hear, and looking forward to joining you all !!

Jim
Hi Jim - glad you and your family are joining our "family."

Your wife's losses may be slower due to the fact that she has less to lose, that happens a lot. But skipping packets is not a good idea. IP is low enough in calories that your body needs all 3 packets. The "snack" can be eaten any time of the day so if your wife is hungry between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner she should go ahead and have it then.

And great losses for the first week! We look forward to seeing you around here!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 AM   #229  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Salt is an important nutrient that your body needs. Because you aren't eating the typical sodium laden foods you run the risk of being deficient even if you're eating the IP foods that have a fair amount of sodium (i.e. soups, chips, etc). At least that's my understanding.
Additionally, ketogenic diets are very dehydrating. Tour body flushes our more sodium and potassium. The salt keeps things in balance
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #230  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

Hi, my name is Stephanie today is day 1 for me. Reading all the post the last couple of days has made me realize this is going to be a good journey getting to where I want to be with all this great support, and knowledge. so let me just say thanks in advance. We can all do this.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #231  
IP start date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 189/173.2/160

Height: 5'10

Hi Stephanie!

And hi everyone! I'm new here. I started IP about a week and a half ago, and have been lurking on the board since then. I was thrilled to see a 10 lb. weight loss on my first week, and I hope that I can continue to be successful on this program. It hasn't been easy, but everyone's success stories are very inspiring and motivate me to keep going!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #232  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
Hi, my name is Stephanie today is day 1 for me. Reading all the post the last couple of days has made me realize this is going to be a good journey getting to where I want to be with all this great support, and knowledge. so let me just say thanks in advance. We can all do this.
Stephanie: Good for you for finding us! You'll love having all the support here. and you're right - we can all do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDaisy View Post
Hi Stephanie!

And hi everyone! I'm new here. I started IP about a week and a half ago, and have been lurking on the board since then. I was thrilled to see a 10 lb. weight loss on my first week, and I hope that I can continue to be successful on this program. It hasn't been easy, but everyone's success stories are very inspiring and motivate me to keep going!
WildDaisy: Welcome and congrats on the 1st week loss! That is outstanding! And it gets easier - the more you stay 100% OP, the easier it gets. Honest!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #233  

Default First time poster

Hello

I've been on IP for a little over a week, I have been reading this site like crazy, but this is the first time I've decided to post.

First of all WOA! lots of info!! kinda going crazy here

Overall I think its an easy program. I live in Baja, so coming across a variety of fresh produce is not a problem, lots to choose from.

So far I've tried:

Chocolate Pudding
Lemon Pudding
Chili
Chicken Soup
Rotini
Chocolate Drink

I dig pretty much everything, but the puddings I just don't really like, I've taken to adding more water and mixing them as a drink for my snack, just so I can get through the pack.
Any tricks to make the lemon pudding taste better??

My biggest challenge is my social life. Lots of partying here in Baja, so its hard to explain to people why you aren't drinking.

So far, I've lost 3 punds and 2% body fat and I am very happy with my progress.

Hope to pick up some fun and useful info here
Old 01-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPINBAJA View Post
Hello

I've been on IP for a little over a week, I have been reading this site like crazy, but this is the first time I've decided to post.

First of all WOA! lots of info!! kinda going crazy here

Overall I think its an easy program. I live in Baja, so coming across a variety of fresh produce is not a problem, lots to choose from.

So far I've tried:

Chocolate Pudding
Lemon Pudding
Chili
Chicken Soup
Rotini
Chocolate Drink

I dig pretty much everything, but the puddings I just don't really like, I've taken to adding more water and mixing them as a drink for my snack, just so I can get through the pack.

My biggest challenge is my social life. Lots of partying here in Baja, so its hard to explain to people why you aren't drinking.

So far, I've lost 3 punds and 2% body fat and I am very happy with my progress.

Hope to pick up some fun and useful info here
Hi there ...welcome!
In the Beginning I had no love for the puddings. Too sweet and didn't dissolve nicely. Actually very lumpy and yucky consistency. Finally added a little more water and blended it smooth in the warning..(don't have a vitamix. )
The pudding still sets up even with an ounce or two more more water..is not so sweet either...and I like it that way. Some make drinks out of it...but I found having something that needed a spoon a good thing, as I am gluten free and other than the puddings and some of the drink mixes the IP selections were limited for me.

It's worth it to need to clean your blender...the consistency is quite creamy smooth when done that way.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #235  
IP start date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 189/173.2/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Hello
Hey Baja! Oh gosh, this is exactly my problem. I love drinking, beer, liquor and parties My friends are confused as to why I can't just have a shot of vodka, or a vodka and soda water... no matter how much I try to explain it to them, lol. I've been having a lot less fun since I started IP, but it will all be worth it in the end I guess. Let's try to get through this together!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 AM   #236  
Start date 1-13-14

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

You can buy Ketone strips from Wal-Mart or your local drug store. They let you know if you are is ketosis.

Last edited by Last Hurrah; 01-20-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #237  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Welcome! I put a few drops of lemon juice in the water before I mix the lemon pudding - gives it more flavor and a bit of zing. I second adding a little extra water to the puddings too and then using a blender (love my bullet!). I've pretty much quit using a shaker except in a pinch (it's more portable than my bullet).

i add a few drops of Mio to water/club soda in a wine glass or cocktail glass - looks like a fancy cocktail but is still OP.

Getting together with friends should be about the company and not what you are eating or drinking. Try and focus on that. And seriously, if you don't make a big deal about not drinking very quickly your friends will adapt. After all, it's your choice what to put in your body and if you aren't drinking right now for whatever reason they should understand and support you.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'7"

Good morning - I am a semi-newbie to IP (started for a month in October, then dropped out over the holidays), but I've read your posts for months to get motivated and inspired by all the wonderful successes and supportive people here!

I've never posted on forums in my life... I'm doing this now in hopes that openly seeking support and finding a community where I can share the self-improvement journey will help me reach my goals.

Is anyone starting IP tomorrow? I'm a vegan, 40, have kids and [happily] work like a madwoman. I'd love to find a group to hang on to during this ride!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganIP View Post
Good morning - I am a semi-newbie to IP (started for a month in October, then dropped out over the holidays), but I've read your posts for months to get motivated and inspired by all the wonderful successes and supportive people here!

I've never posted on forums in my life... I'm doing this now in hopes that openly seeking support and finding a community where I can share the self-improvement journey will help me reach my goals.

Is anyone starting IP tomorrow? I'm a vegan, 40, have kids and [happily] work like a madwoman. I'd love to find a group to hang on to during this ride!
Welcome! Just curious, how are you finding staying OP as a vegan...so many of the products are milk and egg based?

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 01-20-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Welcome! Just curious, how are you finding staying OP as a vegan...so many of the products are milk and egg based?
Thanks for the reply!

Vegan on IP isn't super exciting -- I think there are 5 or so items I can eat! I did find one brand of alternative vegan bars that are pretty close to IP - they are called Simply Bars by Wellness Foods. And I also use a protein powder shake that is vegan and my IP coach approved it as a good replacement. Other than that, it is the leek soup, veg chili, soy nuts, blueberry drink and spaghetti.

Honestly, if eating these every day gets me to my goal, I'm ok with that! (I may be singing a different tune in a few months!)
Closed Thread