Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Russell Wilson seems like a good kid and glad he got to show that Seattle is not just a good defense. The defense pounded Denver, but the offense put the fatal wounds in.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #497  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Glad you made it through super bowl. I thought you would have more to say about your precious Sea Hawks after that blood bath!

Happy to say I got my downstairs looking presentable in time for my company last night. Its really not that hard to have people over for a meal when you are on IP... I did a roast, green salad and yams. Then I just served a fruit plate for dessert. Most people are coming for the company and not for a heavy, fat laden meal. We enjoyed a good visit and the food wasn't too bad either!

Have a good day all!
Thanks Hiker. I was trying not to gloat for Carol's sake!

Glad your dinner went well, it sounds yummy. And you're right - good company is the reason for getting together, food is just a side benefit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Congratulations Ruth Ann on the Seahawks' win! Hope you had fun.

Another snow day here in CT, 5-8 inches today with more expected on Wed. Getting a bit of cabin fever!
Thanks Slipfree - it was fun to watch! Yuck on the weather, I would be going stir-crazy too. Stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Went to a Super Bowl party yesterday that had tons of non-IP foods, but I remained 100%OP (that is the only thing that went right yesterday after the Seahawks trampled the Broncos).

I took a veggie tray and my own chili (without beans).

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans - was a great victory. Unfortunately my beloved Broncos didn't show up for the game. Must have been imposters. LOL After the first play it went downhill after that.
Congrats on staying OP for the party! I agree those must have been imposters, we know the Broncos are better than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
We are all so happy for the Seahawks - this is a bunch of young guys who have not always been treated well by the press or the drafts. They may have not always said the right thing, but the earned this! I am very happy for Russell Wilson - a young man with his head and heart in the right place and front my family hometown!

Made it through the game day 100% OP! Lots of fluids and working off energy doing chores. I discover it is hard to me to sit still while on IP because I have so much more energy.

Coming close to my weight when married 24 years ago - three more pounds. I am having so much fun trying on clothes to see how close I am to wearing them. I have a nice and well stocked thrift store within walking distance so I drop off a big of the "too-bigs" and walk out with "soon-to-fits". Very encouraging.
Congrats on getting close to a weight that brings happy memories!

And yes, Russell Wilson is outstanding!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #498  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hiker88, so glad that your dinner went so well! I usually entertain a lot, but have avoided while on Phase 1. Although for the men in my family, tenderloin, mushrooms and grilled asparagus is the perfect meal. Are you enjoying your new home? New furniture? I am sitting in my new chair as I write
I'm loving my new furniture Slipfree but with my weight loss comes new clothes and apparently the dye in new clothes can stain white leather! I've bought white throws and another friend losing weight has given me her white house coat so I'm hoping to keep it protected and looking so nice! Who would have thought weight loss could cause these kind of issues!! LOL!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-03-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I'm loving my new furniture Slipfree but with my weight loss comes new clothes and apparently the dye in new clothes can stain white leather! I've bought white throws and another friend losing weight has given me her white house coat so I'm hoping to keep it protected and looking so nice! Who would have thought weight loss could cause these kind of issues!! LOL!

Those darn over dyed jeans and black pants! Lol.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #500  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Back at it 100% op today after icky weekend. Ordered Jimmy Johns "sandwich" today... turkey plain in a lettuce wrap. Great option for when I forget my lunch at home. Also excited for my first shipment from Nashua tomorrow ( hopefully) so I can have some options. Last time OP I ate pretty much the same thing every day for months. This time around I need some variety.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 236.4 /217.4 / 153

Height: 5' 7.5"

Glad you are feeling better. Lisa started today so now I have some back up at work. It's always better dieting with friends
Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #502  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning, I've been wanting to go to work early this week (month end) but I'm either fighting the same flu I had or a new one so trying to let myself sleep in a little. I thought I was over being sick! Grrr.. I must be keeping it at bay since the scale is moving again and I'm not holding on to water so that's great!

Have a good day!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #503  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Good morning, I've been wanting to go to work early this week (month end) but I'm either fighting the same flu I had or a new one so trying to let myself sleep in a little. I thought I was over being sick! Grrr.. I must be keeping it at bay since the scale is moving again and I'm not holding on to water so that's great!

Have a good day!
That is terrible Hiker - you should get sick, heal and be done with it! Hope you feel better soon. And yeah! on the scale moving.

Month's end always stresses me out (I've been at work since 6:30 a.m.). And yesterday I went home early - had not slept well all weekend and was totally exhausted. Went to bed last night at 8 p.m. Then, of course, I was up way too early!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

RuthAnn - I think ALL of us Washingtonians who watched the Super Bowl are tired - we carried that team in our hearts and on our backs for quite a while. I was exhausted just from the tension and excitement although that started to relent a bit in the second half when it became clear that we were not going to rely on the 4th quarter miracle throws!

I love the Audrey Hepburn quote every time I see it on your posts, along with your great weight loss. You are such a shining example of staying 100% OP and tackling it with cheer and determination. Many days that alone keeps me going, kicking myself every time I am thinking about something not 100%!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #505  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn - I think ALL of us Washingtonians who watched the Super Bowl are tired - we carried that team in our hearts and on our backs for quite a while. I was exhausted just from the tension and excitement although that started to relent a bit in the second half when it became clear that we were not going to rely on the 4th quarter miracle throws!

I love the Audrey Hepburn quote every time I see it on your posts, along with your great weight loss. You are such a shining example of staying 100% OP and tackling it with cheer and determination. Many days that alone keeps me going, kicking myself every time I am thinking about something not 100%!
You're so sweet schenectady! You always cheer me up! Without you guys here it would be so much harder to do this - I draw strength from all of you!

And you're right about the Seahawks, the whole area has had such high hopes for them for years and it finally paid off. Now, will someone please kick the Mariners in the behind and get them going?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Ruth Ann: I think your Mariners will have a great year considering they signed my favorite player during the off season, Robinson Cano. He'll be missed as a Yankee!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #507  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Got my shipment today.... holy crimaney..... vanilla wafers... sooooooo sweet and tasty.

I got the proti diet:
Oatmeal, pasta, cheese crisps and vanilla wafers.
Closed Thread