Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
An interesting article that talks not only about the benefits of low carb but also where the different carb ranges take us in terms of achieving some of those benefits

How Many Carbs Should You Eat Per Day To Lose Weight
Well, this article confirmed what I knew all along...I am "metabolically deranged" as they put it
Old 01-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy IP birthday 65!
I hope to be well into maintenance when I celebrate another IP birthday this year

I made it to a stretching class at my gym today. It is actually called a Foam Roller Release class and works all the knots out slowly and gently. I finally quit coughing enough to go! Now that I'm home and have ventured out in the cold, I'm coughing a little but I think the worst may be behind me.

I've been reflecting on my time off p1. I had sure slipped back into some snacking behavior that I was worried was going to be a problem on my return to P1. Luckily (?) I got sick and lost my appetite at the same time I was retuning to p1. It made it easy-peasy to just jump back into p1 without all that extra food. It is sooo easy to add extra stuff back in that we do not need.

I wasn't tracking carefully enough. Live & learn. Perhaps because I knew it was temporary? Anyway, back to the routine of tracking to carry me through p1 and into maintenance. When I don't want to track, it means I'm wanting to avoid seeing it.
I use a foam roller at home everyday. It really helps release the muscles. Since I have been regularly using it, the pain of arthritis has greatly diminished! My cat likes to bat it across the floor!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Well, this article confirmed what I knew all along...I am "metabolically deranged" as they put it
me too!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #184  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Lisa your new picture is awesome! Glad you are feeling better. I have not kicked the crud just yet.

65 - Congratulations on your anniversary and as others have said, thanks for sharing your wisdom here.

jendilly you are doing great. that is one awesome NSV. I'm not sure I could have done it. Congrats!

schenectady thanks for the comment about how you start your day - planning both your meals and your gym visist - and for admitting you don't like it much. I am in the same camp. Not loving the gym visits much and not really even wanting to find the time. But knowing I have to. I'm going to try to follow your example and schedule it.

Thanks Annik for the article... definitely food for thought. good thing that kind of food has no calories

I am really glad it is Friday. Just had a yucky week at work, and in weather/traffic. Weeks like this have always made me feel I needed to reward myself with food/wine. I need to change that behavior though so I'm going to do something else. maybe some smaller size shopping!

Not excited about my weigh in tomorrow either. It's Tom which also means big C ... plus the sinus/cold crud... and my peeking at the scale hasn't given me anything good. Drat!

At this rate, I'll be curled up in bed with a book at 7 pm (which isn't a bad thing).

Hope you all have a lovely evening! Tomorrow is a new day and we're lucky to have it.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Lisa your new picture is awesome! Glad you are feeling better. I have not kicked the crud just yet.

Hope you all have a lovely evening! Tomorrow is a new day and we're lucky to have it.
Thank you for the reminder - we are indeed lucky to have a new day coming AND be in a state of mind and body where our next new days are going to be better and healthier. That will be a real gift to ourselves and those who love us!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #186  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Today is the 1 year mark of starting IP for me.

If I can share one thing about my life that is better with everyone, it is that the last thought in my head before going to sleep and the first thought that lets me know I am awake and it is a new day is no longer.."How can I lose this weight?"

That dominated my head for years...and yes, one of my preoccupations is now "How do I maintain?"...but this place is so much better. Not depressing. Not self defeating. Not negative. It is a good place. A happy place.

Wishing all the new starts and restarts arrival to that place this year.
Congrats 65 on the anniversary! You are such an inspiration and an asset to this "family" - your positive attitude is always so motivating to see!

And you're right - it is so much better to be in a place where you're looking at keeping all the positive changes you have made for yourself rather than wondering how you can make the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Sharing a small victory with you all. Last night I made cookies for my kids. Not full-blown homemade, but just the simple pre-made dough you buy in the store. Felt like I'd make them a "treat" for their lunch today and let them have one last night. The victory for me? I didn't eat any...not even a tiny bit of the dough. In the past, I would've eaten a chunk of the dough and a few of the cookies. Didn't even lick my fingers. I bagged up the ones for their lunches and had them eat one...and we were done with it. No cheating for me! Oh and then I realized that I hadn't eaten my snack yet, so I enjoyed my butterscotch pudding with a smile on my face.
good job jendily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I love your outlook vachinyc!

Started PT today for my upper back issues. Not doing much yet, just the electrical stimulation, heat and very, very simple exercises. The PT wants to "break the cycle of pain" before starting me on any strengthening or real stretching. Said if he started me on a bunch of exercises I would just hate him and never come back! I'm really looking forward to being able to start building some muscles back up but I'm patient - want to do this right so I don't have to go through it all over again.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #187  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

65x65 - happy IP Birthday. You are such an asset to this forum. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, enthusiasm and support.

I stopped and bought groceries on the way home. I bought different veggies and protein so that I can follow through my pledge to "change it up".

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #188  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

A last minute deadline for my husband tonight meant that he couldn't go get dinner with my youngest like he planned. So, another NSV (now that I know what the means!) for me. I took my 10 year old through the Jack in the Box drive-thru nearby and got her a what she wanted and a burger for my husband back home. AND...I didn't mind it at all, nor did I even think about grabbing one of the curly fries from inside the bag or taking a sip of her smoothie. Nope, came home and cooked my chicken and veggies. Not sure what's up with my will power right now...but it feels good to have those little victories! DETERMINATION!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #189  

Height: 5 '6

Well I finally got to move into my new place yesterday! Yippee! Before I got possession, I went out for a nice lunch and then ate all 8 oz of protein in the one sitting. I was worried about how hungry I would be at supper but I was just so exhausted that I was happy to drink my choc shake and go to bed early!

We only unloaded one small trailer last night so this afternoon will be a lot more work! I need to go to the grocery store this morning so I have OP food on hand. As all the veterans say 'Its all about the preparation'!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #190  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Well I finally got to move into my new place yesterday! Yippee! Before I got possession, I went out for a nice lunch and then ate all 8 oz of protein in the one sitting. I was worried about how hungry I would be at supper but I was just so exhausted that I was happy to drink my choc shake and go to bed early!

We only unloaded one small trailer last night so this afternoon will be a lot more work! I need to go to the grocery store this morning so I have OP food on hand. As all the veterans say 'Its all about the preparation'!!
Yeah Hiker! Getting into your own place and getting to have your own routine back will be so wonderful!

And too funny about going grocery shopping this a.m. - you know you're hardcore IP when you go to get your groceries before unpacking so that you're prepared! Good for you!

Going to do grocery shopping and look for some more pants this morning - just realized that even my leggings are baggy. And then the game this afternoon (Go Seahawks!) which we're watching on TV. I plan on doing nearly nothing this weekend - we'll see how that goes.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker88- congratulations on getting into the new place! Hope that the unpacking goes quickly and that it feels like home soon.

Ruth Ann- I bought a couple of in between pants at Kohl's. Did not want to- but the saggy butt was getting comments from people at work. Good luck.

Carol- glad the cold is gone and that you are switching up your food. Having a variety of recipes will help for maintenance too.

Jendilly, you are on a roll! Resisting cookies and fast food, great effort.

Today, the scale said 192 for the 1st time in years, hurray! Habitatat Restore is coming to pick up my living room chairs for donation around noon. Then, I am off to the grocery store. Have a great 100% day
Old 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #192  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Total score on shopping! Found 2 pairs of work pants at the thrift store for $5 each - one size 12 and one size 10. Both of them fit so I think the cut has a lot to do with it. Went to Kohl's and found shirts, underwear and leggings at 70% off and then hit Ann Taylor with a gift card and scored a $75 jacket for $25.

I find that shopping takes a LOT longer these days because I have to try everything on and am guessing a lot at what size will fit. Used to be I could just go buy 26/28 pants and knew they'd fit and the same with tops. Now it's a huge guessing game - some medium tops fit, some I have to go large, some 10s fit, some 12s fit. By the next shopping trip I suspect I'll have to start all over with new sizes.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #193  

ugh! The cough is back today. Glad I didn't try a water aerobics class yet. I'm still breathing okay so I'll just let it run its course until such a time when I feel like I'm getting worse...
Time to steep some more ginger for lemon/ginger tea. I may drink some more chicken bone broth, too. Hot drinks seem to help calm the cough.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #194  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
ugh! The cough is back today. Glad I didn't try a water aerobics class yet. I'm still breathing okay so I'll just let it run its course until such a time when I feel like I'm getting worse...
Time to steep some more ginger for lemon/ginger tea. I may drink some more chicken bone broth, too. Hot drinks seem to help calm the cough.
So sorry you're still feeling bad Lisa! That's miserable!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #195  

I'm just ready to be well so I can BLAST forward!
Closed Thread