Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #16  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the kudos. You all are the best. We'll see what next week brings - usually the week after a big loss I have a small one. Oh we'll, cross that bridge when I get to it.

Carol
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #17  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Mine are loose. Beggars can't be choosers...
You have a point there!

I'm irritated this morning (hard to believe, I know ). Why do people feel the need to tell me I'm losing weight wrong? I am almost to the point of saying "what weight? I haven't lost any weight - have you had your eyesight checked lately?" I usually just say thanks for the input and my doctor is very happy with what I'm doing and leave it at that.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You have a point there!

I'm irritated this morning (hard to believe, I know ). Why do people feel the need to tell me I'm losing weight wrong? I am almost to the point of saying "what weight? I haven't lost any weight - have you had your eyesight checked lately?" I usually just say thanks for the input and my doctor is very happy with what I'm doing and leave it at that.
I wonder if you gained it correctly?

Oh wait. Obesity is bad for you too. So, I consider IP the lesser of 2 evils (still more overly processed than my liking) and learned not to tell people about the plan. When most folks ask, I tell them "protein, veggies and lots of salad". It leaves little with which to argue.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ruth Ann,

I know exactly what you mean, just because you think something does not mean that you should say it out loud. My Aunt was going on and on about my weight loss, she said, "I was just so worried about your health, you looked like someone just stuck a pin in and blew you up, I mean you actually looked like you had at least a quarter in of fat on your forehead." Really!! I knew her intention was not to be mean, but some things should not be put into words.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #20  

Height: 5 '6

Your answer will be in a year when you've maintained Ruth Ann. I find people who are critical about 'how' I lose are the same people who are critical about my weight when I'm heavy....

People also put us in categories and for some we are the 'fat' friend. When we start to change, they are uncomfortable and don't know what category to put us in.. those are my two cents!!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I know exactly what you mean, just because you think something does not mean that you should say it out loud. My Aunt was going on and on about my weight loss, she said, "I was just so worried about your health, you looked like someone just stuck a pin in and blew you up, I mean you actually looked like you had at least a quarter in of fat on your forehead." Really!! I knew her intention was not to be mean, but some things should not be put into words.
OMG. Filter much?

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-27-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #22  

Quote:
Hi Ruth Ann,

I laughed so hard when I read this! Its sad that there are people like that everywhere!! Our job is to recognize the source and move on... and your right... some mean well (some don't!)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I wonder if you gained it correctly?

Oh wait. Obesity is bad for you too. So, I consider IP the lesser of 2 evils (still more overly processed than my liking) and learned not to tell people about the plan. When most folks ask, I tell them "protein, veggies and lots of salad". It leaves little with which to argue.
Too funny about gaining correctly Lisa! And yes, my stock answer from now on is going to be pretty much what you said.

Quote:
Hi Ruth Ann,

Wow Slipfree - sounds like your aunt needs some filters! But my dad was like that - he actually said to me "when are you going to do something about your weight? You're really getting fat." Well, thanks dad, I hadn't noticed. I know he was concerned for me but his "tact factor" apparently deserted him.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #24  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Your answer will be in a year when you've maintained Ruth Ann. I find people who are critical about 'how' I lose are the same people who are critical about my weight when I'm heavy....

People also put us in categories and for some we are the 'fat' friend. When we start to change, they are uncomfortable and don't know what category to put us in.. those are my two cents!!
That was worth at least a nickle Hiker! You are right - some people just don't know how to deal with a large change. 65 (I think that was who said it) dubbed them "landmines" and I like that description.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
he actually said to me "when are you going to do something about your weight? You're really getting fat." Well, thanks dad, I hadn't noticed. I know he was concerned for me but his "tact factor" apparently deserted him.
Too funny. My dad is similar. In the end, I know I'm on IP for myself and it'll only help me and my confidence and goals in life, etc. I'm at the point where I don't want the people close to me to keep saying "You look soooo great! Keep it up!" because it makes me so aware that before, they didn't think that. I'm so used to not being in the limelight about my appearance that when people bring it up, I want to just sneak away from the conversation.
I guess it just really makes me wonder how bad they looked at me before and that's embarrassing. So I'd rather not call attention to it. Does that make sense?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

She does not have much tact on a good day, but add an abundance of wine and ... Fat forehead, I kept visualizing Frankenstein's forehead! Hiker88, you are exactly right, consider the source and move on
Old 12-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #27  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Too funny. My dad is similar. In the end, I know I'm on IP for myself and it'll only help me and my confidence and goals in life, etc. I'm at the point where I don't want the people close to me to keep saying "You look soooo great! Keep it up!" because it makes me so aware that before, they didn't think that. I'm so used to not being in the limelight about my appearance that when people bring it up, I want to just sneak away from the conversation.
I guess it just really makes me wonder how bad they looked at me before and that's embarrassing. So I'd rather not call attention to it. Does that make sense?
Exactly Ems! I wonder the same thing when people constantly call attention to how I look. I don't like the limelight and if someone wants to say something nice they can, but let's not turn the whole conversation into how fabulous I look now as opposed to before. Makes me feel like they are carrying "before" and "after" pics of me in their head.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #28  

I love it when people bring up my weight loss! Makes me feel that I actually look different (and better!).... I get uncomfortable when my weight gets down enough that men start checking me out... then I'm super uncomfortable...

Funny how we are all different on how we process all the changes we are going through.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #29  

It bothers me when people call me "skinny"

Thinner than I used to be for sure, but hardly skinny.
I've learned to thank them and try to change the subject by asking them a question about themselves.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #30  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Yeah, I like it when people say "Wow, you look great!" and then we go onto other subjects. Except dh, he can extoll on how great I look and how much he admires the changes all he wants.
Closed Thread