3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290869-home-100%25-no-cheat-zone-volume-29-a.html)

dak1lls 01-06-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4912410)
Lisa, my doctor suggested that black coshish (sp?) might be helpful but since my symptoms are so severe she wanted to try the HRT - she just didn't think it would give me the relief I need. I really think it's a combination of age and the weight loss for me. And of course, the hormone fluctuations make me just a joy to live with right now! :D

Hi Ruth Ann: I have been hopping on from time to time to read posts, but with the holidays and the craziness of all the weather and volume issues at my company I have had almost zero time to post. Things just started to level out with our deliveries and now the weather hits again! I can't wait til Spring!

Ironically, I started HRT at the exact same time as IP. With the release of hormones during fat burning it was a welcome relief to be rid of hot flashes and night sweats. Unfortunately, that was short lived and they returned. However, with HRT they are better than before. I have noticed an increase in my symptoms now that I have been indulging in many, many treats over the holidays. It is back to P1 for me for a few weeks and then a phase off to maintenance again. I feel so much better when I am eating right. I am amazed at how eating carbs seems to affect my hormonal symptoms...and OH, the mood swings! yikes. Poor DH. Good luck on getting your hormones settled. Menopause is no fun!

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better each day. I was in bed sick for several days last week. I am feeling better today, but not 100%. The severe cold here, as in other areas, has me hunkered down working from home. It is definitely harder to eat well if you don't have the energy to chop veggies and plan good meals. You always seem to have things stocked up though. I wish I had your good planning skills!

Happy New Year to all!

lisa32989 01-06-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4912516)
LISA! Tell me about this chili you speak of!!!

Just make bean-free chili. I'll be finely dicing the leftover turkey I had frozen to use as the meat. (actually any quality chili competition excludes beans anyway),
I add extra veggies & try to find ones without much flavor like shredded bok choy & spinach. Canned tomatoes from my garden.

Ruth Ann 01-06-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4912547)
Hi Ruth Ann: I have been hopping on from time to time to read posts, but with the holidays and the craziness of all the weather and volume issues at my company I have had almost zero time to post. Things just started to level out with our deliveries and now the weather hits again! I can't wait til Spring!

Ironically, I started HRT at the exact same time as IP. With the release of hormones during fat burning it was a welcome relief to be rid of hot flashes and night sweats. Unfortunately, that was short lived and they returned. However, with HRT they are better than before. I have noticed an increase in my symptoms now that I have been indulging in many, many treats over the holidays. It is back to P1 for me for a few weeks and then a phase off to maintenance again. I feel so much better when I am eating right. I am amazed at how eating carbs seems to affect my hormonal symptoms...and OH, the mood swings! yikes. Poor DH. Good luck on getting your hormones settled. Menopause is no fun!

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better each day. I was in bed sick for several days last week. I am feeling better today, but not 100%. The severe cold here, as in other areas, has me hunkered down working from home. It is definitely harder to eat well if you don't have the energy to chop veggies and plan good meals. You always seem to have things stocked up though. I wish I had your good planning skills!

Happy New Year to all!

Good to see you Daks! I was really hoping the HRT would have kicked in by now but my doc says 10 days to 2 weeks. Poor dh may have locked himself in a closet by then! :D Good for you for hopping back on P1 after the holidays!

Terribly busy day today and I am ready for a nice quiet evening.

PurpleMomster 01-07-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcompton (Post 4911937)
Hey Purplemonster; I see you are phasing off for Mexico too! I start Phase 3 on Tuesday, we leave on the 17th! Can't wait!

I just saw this - enjoy Phase 3 and the "big breakfast"! It was a thrill (and a little scary!) shopping in the fruit aisles again :)

Enjoy Mexico - we leave on the 26th - keep it nice and warm for us!

Jo

Hiker88 01-07-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4912547)

Happy New Year to all!

Dak So nice to see you back! I was wondering where you were!

I hit the 180's today.... very happy, I might even meet my mini goal before I go to Vancouver! Yay!

:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

Ruth Ann 01-07-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4913120)
I hit the 180's today.... very happy, I might even meet my mini goal before I go to Vancouver! Yay!

:flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1::flow1:

WTG Hiker! :broc: (Why is the dancing broccoli so far down on the list of smilies? It's much cuter than the carrot who, in my opinion, looks vaguely obscene.)

Weigh-in goes back to normal Wednesday this week - glad to get back to my normal routine.

Keeping all those in the cold in my thoughts - stay safe!

Hawaii69 01-07-2014 09:47 AM

Thanks Jo!

Phase 3 starts today and I am nervous! I am a lb away from my goal for Mexico so I am just hoping that I won't gain too much water! But, I am looking forward to some variety in my breakfast. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation and mostly warmth and sunshine!!!

Way to go Hiker!!

Ruth Ann 01-08-2014 08:49 AM

schenectady - sorry you are having such a rough time. Unfortunately, you can not change someone else's behaviors, you can only control how you react to them. So the only real answer is that you have to hang tough and keep your resolve (think of the Yoda quote which I can't remember exactly right this minute). You just have to keep doing it and it will get easier. Can you just avoid your dh when he's eating? Remember, you are in control of what goes in your mouth and, though, it's hard just keep saying no.

Hiker88 01-08-2014 09:11 AM

Good morning, I lost 4.6 lbs last week, my biggest loss in awhile... it was great! Hope you all have a great OP day!

Ruth Ann 01-08-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4914102)
Good morning, I lost 4.6 lbs last week, my biggest loss in awhile... it was great! Hope you all have a great OP day!

Outstanding Hiker! Look at you go! :woohoo:

lisa32989 01-08-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4914077)
schenectady - sorry you are having such a rough time. Unfortunately, you can not change someone else's behaviors, you can only control how you react to them. So the only real answer is that you have to hang tough and keep your resolve (think of the Yoda quote which I can't remember exactly right this minute). You just have to keep doing it and it will get easier. Can you just avoid your dh when he's eating? Remember, you are in control of what goes in your mouth and, though, it's hard just keep saying no.

This one?
Do or do not. There is no try.

ColoradoCarol 01-08-2014 10:52 AM

Good morning all.

I remain 100% OP, but have a question. I don't vary my diet very much and am concerned that might be slowing my loss down. After last week and the small gain (after a 6.8 loss on 12/26). I may just be borrowing trouble, but worried that I won't lose when I weigh in on Thursday.

I have pretty much the same meals and snacks - they work best for me. Everything I do is 100% OP.

My during the week is usually
Wildberry yogurt with 2 cups of lettuce and 1 serving WF marshmallow dip.

My lunch is usually
2 cups of veggies (zucchini and mushrooms in 1tsp of olive oil)
Wildberry yogurt/lettuce smoothie (see above)
2 oz of 93% lean ground turkey

Dinner is
Remaining ground turkey for the day
(sometimes I switch up the ground turkey with shrimp)

Snack - alters between RTD chocolate shake or strawberry wafers.

I always get my water in. I have two doses of mag citrate per day due to continuing issues with the Big C.

Am I missing anything? I am just panicking I guess, and probably shouldn't until I weigh in tomorrow, but so far doesn't look like a great loss this week.

Carol

IdealProteinNewbie 01-08-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol (Post 4914220)
Good morning all.

I remain 100% OP, but have a question. I don't vary my diet very much and am concerned that might be slowing my loss down. After last week and the small gain (after a 6.8 loss on 12/26). I may just be borrowing trouble, but worried that I won't lose when I weigh in on Thursday.

I have pretty much the same meals and snacks - they work best for me. Everything I do is 100% OP.

My during the week is usually
Wildberry yogurt with 2 cups of lettuce and 1 serving WF marshmallow dip.

My lunch is usually
Wildberry yogurt/lettuce smoothie (see above)
2 oz of 93% lean ground turkey

Dinner is
Remaining ground turkey for the day
(sometimes I switch up the ground turkey with shrimp)

Snack - alters between RTD chocolate shake or strawberry wafers.

I always get my water in. I have two doses of mag citrate per day due to continuing issues with the Big C.

Am I missing anything? I am just panicking I guess, and probably shouldn't until I weigh in tomorrow, but so far doesn't look like a great loss this week.

Carol

Looks good to me, but I would add the oil directly to your food and maybe vary your animal protein a bit. Do you like steak and/or ground beef, eggs, etc?

Ruth Ann 01-08-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4914136)
This one?
Do or do not. There is no try.

That's the one Lisa! Was having brain f*rts this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4914222)
Looks good to me, but I would add the oil directly to your food and maybe vary your animal protein a bit. Do you like steak and/or ground beef, eggs, etc?

I agree with IPN - your menu looks good but for the oil and maybe mixing up your protein. I've hit times when I worry that I'm not losing or doing something wrong, but usually my fears are baseless.

ColoradoCarol 01-08-2014 03:18 PM

Thanks for the info/encouragement. (I don't know how to do multiple quotes or I would). I might change up a bit next week.

I have been using the olive oil as a saute since the beginning.

We'll see what WI tomorrow brings.