Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #406  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
What a great idea, Lisa. It never occurred to me to buy just one!
The chips you are talking about "Simply Chips" - are they something you found in the health food section or someplace special?
I'm soy/gluten-free so simply chips and quest bars fit that requirement for my restricteds.

I first heard about simply chips here on 3FC. I found them online but having a whole box in the house is too much for me.
They can also be purchased on netrition.com

But on the simply website, I found a local health food store that sells them so I can stop in for 1-2 at at time. Same with Quest bars at my local GNC.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I am now back from my week long holiday to Mexico. It was wonderful and the weather was amazing. I enjoyed myself when I was there but didn't go crazy food wise. We walked a lot and I made sure to drink lots of water. I will know the results of my week tomorrow. I jumped back into Phase 1 the day after I returned and am determined to finish my weight loss. But, maintenance doesn't seem so scary now that I have done it for a bit. It'll be all about my choices but it seems that once I've been eating healthy and feeling great, I crave that more than anything else. I watched the daily videos and read these boards every morning, it definately helped. I now look forward to finishing the weight loss and then maintaining. I have to say, it felt wonderful to be on the beach, 30lbs less! I'm thrilled I started this program, it just works!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 247/235/150

Height: 5'5"

I am new to this site. I started IP two weeks ago. I'm still struggling with it because I do not like very many of the packets. I was ready to give up despite the results I have had until I read the many posts on here. Seeing everyone else's success and struggles has helped keep me OP. I don't mind the all the veggies and meat - it is the packets that I'm struggling with.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingjo View Post
I am new to this site. I started IP two weeks ago. I'm still struggling with it because I do not like very many of the packets. I was ready to give up despite the results I have had until I read the many posts on here. Seeing everyone else's success and struggles has helped keep me OP. I don't mind the all the veggies and meat - it is the packets that I'm struggling with.
Go to the first post of the daily (weekend) chat.
Find the recipe threads
There are multitudes of ways to transform those packets into something you'll like.
Stick with the tolerable ones and the others will grow on you.
Remember, this is temporary during the weight loss phase!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #410  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
The first time seeing family was hard on me - they were all like "you look great" and then constantly offered me stuff I wasn't going to eat or drink. However, to their credit, they had no clue what I was supposed to have or not have, so it was kind of my fault!
Ha! At least they noticed you look great

For better or worse, a lot of our family gatherings revolve around food... And I'll admit I'm as big a driver of that as anyone. My mom, who I lost about 5 1/2 years ago, definitely cooked a lot and expressed love through food. So we tend to follow that same path. And my Dad almost demands it. However, I think the siblings and I are trying, ever so slowly, to make things more healthy and also to focus less on the food. I don't want my nieces and nephews to 'learn' that it's all about the food.

"Food" for thought
Old 01-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #411  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingjo View Post
Lisa is right, the packets do grow on you. However, I will be glad to leave them behind so. I just tell myself they serve a purpose and are a means to an end. Hang in there!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 247/235/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Go to the first post of the daily (weekend) chat.
Find the recipe threads
There are multitudes of ways to transform those packets into something you'll like.
Stick with the tolerable ones and the others will grow on you.
Remember, this is temporary during the weight loss phase!
Thank you very much!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #413  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I am now back from my week long holiday to Mexico. It was wonderful and the weather was amazing.
Welcome back - glad you had a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Ha! At least they noticed you look great

For better or worse, a lot of our family gatherings revolve around food... And I'll admit I'm as big a driver of that as anyone. My mom, who I lost about 5 1/2 years ago, definitely cooked a lot and expressed love through food. So we tend to follow that same path. And my Dad almost demands it. However, I think the siblings and I are trying, ever so slowly, to make things more healthy and also to focus less on the food. I don't want my nieces and nephews to 'learn' that it's all about the food.

"Food" for thought
Yeah, they were good about noticing and then telling me all the reasons they couldn't lose weight or couldn't do what I'm doing. I'll admit to being less than kind to one person - actually told her "well, stay fat then" - oops!

I have noticed that some members of my generation (I have an incredibly large family) have really tried to take the focus off of food and do healthier versions of what is available. More fruits and vegetables, less fried, sugar, etc. The sister I live closest to loves getting ideas and recipes from me since she has always focused on feeding her family as healthy as possible without them feeling deprived of anything. She loved the cauliflower rice and her family now actually asks for it.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #414  

Quote:

Yeah, they were good about noticing and then telling me all the reasons they couldn't lose weight or couldn't do what I'm doing. I'll admit to being less than kind to one person - actually told her "well, stay fat then" - oops!

A woman after my own heart right there!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #415  

Hi everyone,

I would like to join the group if that is OK. Trying hard to find a "home", tend to get lost in the bigger threads.

I am on Day 11 and doing great. I planned on being 100% from the start, so this seems to be the place to be

I enjoy reading all the posts. You are all great and so supportive!

Thanks so much.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome bythesea! I'm bias, but I think we have the best group going!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #417  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

A woman after my own heart right there!
Yep, I had a good giggle at that too. Thanks Ruth Ann

Last edited by stephascope; 01-26-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #418  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
...Yeah, they were good about noticing and then telling me all the reasons they couldn't lose weight or couldn't do what I'm doing. I'll admit to being less than kind to one person - actually told her "well, stay fat then" - oops!
That is so awesome!

Last edited by vachinyc; 01-26-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I laughed too, because that does not sound like you(Ruth Ann) at all. Then I thought the woman must have been getting on your last nerve
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #420  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Yep - she was certainly rather brash with her opinion that IP is a fad diet and unhealthy and then told me how she couldn't do low carb, low calorie or pretty much anything else because of her medical conditions. I finally just couldn't stand it any more and I really do try to be kind to everyone but it just popped out.

It's funny now - but I was not happy with myself!

And welcome bythesea! This is a great group to hang out with!
Closed Thread