Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #346  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I just realized that I have been on IP for 9 months today. And as of today I have lost 99 pounds. So, 11 pounds a month. I like nice easy math numbers!

I have also lost 24 inches from my waist (that's right, 2 feet!) and a total of about 60 inches all together.

And that's why I've stayed 100% - because it works!
Woohoo!! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, Ruth Ann! You've given yourself the gift of life and health back, and it's because of your dedication to staying 100% OP that you accomplished that.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
I just realized that I have been on IP for 9 months today. And as of today I have lost 99 pounds. So, 11 pounds a month. I like nice easy math numbers!

I have also lost 24 inches from my waist (that's right, 2 feet!) and a total of about 60 inches all together.

You are such an inspiration to so many - but what I love the most is the image of losing 2 FEET from around your waist. That is something you should be proud of for the rest of your life.

I hope when I hit 9 months that I can put up similar numbers!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #348  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Schenectady: I would love to see a picture of you in that evan picone outfit! It is so exciting to wear cute outfits and feel confident when going out. I used to dread going anywhere for social or work events. I would look for clothing to cover my arms and my fat rolls. I could never seem to relax and enjoy myself, as I was so unhappy about the way I looked and felt.

It is so nice to be able to go to my closet and pull out any outfit now and feel that I look good. I enjoy going out with my DH and with friends. I actually look forward to social outings now!

Ruth Ann: You are so close to that 100lb off goal! You are always so upbeat and encouraging. I look forward to reading your thoughtful, cheerful posts. Even though I don't post a lot I am always on here, reading, reading, reading!

Rosie: congrats to you on that milestone! It is such an empowering feeling when we reach each milestone. I have literally jumped up & down clapping after getting off the scale when I reached a new 10lb increment in weight loss. I have also done many happy dances when shrinking to a lower size. WTG!

I'm thinking of making chicken salsa verde over cauli rice for dinner tonight. Amberjules recipe is so good! I made it once in September and have been meaning to make it again. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet. DH thinks it's yummy too! I'm so lucky that he eats everything I make and never complains. It is nice to make things that actually taste good to him too. It would be so hard doing this on my own!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #349  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

That is absolutely incredible! TWO FEET!!! Wowza! Congratulations on your accomplishments for your health. What an inspiration you are.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #350  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Carter View Post
Woohoo!! Congratulations on all your accomplishments, Ruth Ann! You've given yourself the gift of life and health back, and it's because of your dedication to staying 100% OP that you accomplished that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You are such an inspiration to so many - but what I love the most is the image of losing 2 FEET from around your waist. That is something you should be proud of for the rest of your life.

I hope when I hit 9 months that I can put up similar numbers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ruth Ann: You are so close to that 100lb off goal! You are always so upbeat and encouraging. I look forward to reading your thoughtful, cheerful posts. Even though I don't post a lot I am always on here, reading, reading, reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
That is absolutely incredible! TWO FEET!!! Wowza! Congratulations on your accomplishments for your health. What an inspiration you are.
Thank you guys! It is pretty amazing to me how far I've come. Couldn't have done it without all your support - all the great motivation, ideas and comradeship I have found here has been invaluable. And I think my coach is as excited as I am!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ruth Ann, 99 pounds!!!!! WOW The best part about it, you radiate your happiness even in words. Many congratulations!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Ruth Ann: Wow, keep up the great work! Amazing!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #353  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Ruth Ann, 99 pounds!!!!! WOW The best part about it, you radiate your happiness even in words. Many congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ruth Ann: Wow, keep up the great work! Amazing!
Thank you! I am happy - I feel like a whole new me!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #354  

Ruth Ann:
Congrats!!!
So happy for you!!!
I decided not to weigh this week, after all the cold/sickness/over-focus on worrying about the scale again. Hoping to join you next week

Chicken broth
I roast my chicken, toss the skin, remove the meat & use the bones for the broth-making. The meat is used in whatever recipe I'm making (examples: chicken salad, chicken stir-fry, or just roasted chicken). I tend to save some veggie scraps to throw in with the bones & cook until the bones start falling apart (bone broth is SOOOO good for us!)
Old 01-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #355  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Ruth Ann - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself and you are so close to your goal!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #356  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ruth Ann:
Congrats!!!
So happy for you!!!
I decided not to weigh this week, after all the cold/sickness/over-focus on worrying about the scale again. Hoping to join you next week

Chicken broth
I roast my chicken, toss the skin, remove the meat & use the bones for the broth-making. The meat is used in whatever recipe I'm making (examples: chicken salad, chicken stir-fry, or just roasted chicken). I tend to save some veggie scraps to throw in with the bones & cook until the bones start falling apart (bone broth is SOOOO good for us!)
I gotta do this bone broth. I have seen you mention it many times before and never have tried it. Maybe I'll get some whole chickens this weekend and try it.

DH decided to have a Super Bowl party so I am beginning the process of deciding on a menu. Yikes. I want it to be healthy but yummy as well. Maybe some chili with some paleo buns, veggie and fruit trays. This will be a bit of a challenge. I am a bit bummed out that my beloved Patriots are out. Not sure who I'm going to root for.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #357  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I gotta do this bone broth. I have seen you mention it many times before and never have tried it. Maybe I'll get some whole chickens this weekend and try it.

DH decided to have a Super Bowl party so I am beginning the process of deciding on a menu. Yikes. I want it to be healthy but yummy as well. Maybe some chili with some paleo buns, veggie and fruit trays. This will be a bit of a challenge. I am a bit bummed out that my beloved Patriots are out. Not sure who I'm going to root for.
I started on working to compile menus/recipes from several Super Bowl threads I've seen in the past. I'll try to get that posted tonite.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #358  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks Lisa & Carol - it is pretty exciting!

Lisa - I totally understand staying off the scale until you are well. I am rooting for you!!!!

Carol - I try not to think about how close I am to goal because then I'll start worrying about what happens next!

Dak - you should root for the Seahawks! I think it's going to be a really good game but of course I'm prejudiced and thinking the Seahawks will win!

Lisa: Looking forward to the Superbowl suggestions.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #359  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Oh YAY!!! I was hoping someone would post some Super Bowl ideas!! Obviously we are going to be watching it (GO SEAHAWKS!!), but not sure if we'll be home or going to a party. If we do go somewhere, I'd like to be able to take something that is IP friendly. If we just stay home, I'd like to have some fun things here that I can eat while my family is gorging on other things. My kids are wanting me to make that huge sandwich stadium idea that's been posted on facebook...not sure that's going to happen. I want to feel like I'm having some fun treats without going off plan. Chili cheese dip is my downfall. Chips, dips, etc.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #360  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Wow wow wow! You are so impressive! Congratulations. All that and the 'fun sized' sweet comment you received. You must be so happy. You're a rock star.
Closed Thread