Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray on 59 Hiker! That is just awesome!

Sorry you aren't feeling so good. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Yeah, I had to purge my undies drawer recently - too big panties are not comfortable or attractive!
Yesterday when I was trying on a skirt, mine actually fell off! Fortunately, I was only 'shopping in my closet' but I had to laugh.

Maybe going through my drawer today should go on my to-do list. It is not as much fun as cleaning out regular clothes that do not fit but I guess it may save me some embarrassment.

Have been working really hard on being 100% in every way. I am 1 pound away from -55 pounds, which is halfway. It may seem silly to be so excited about that kind of a mark, but it keeps me going. Having fallen off so badly before, I will take whatever technique works.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Have been working really hard on being 100% in every way. I am 1 pound away from -55 pounds, which is halfway. It may seem silly to be so excited about that kind of a mark, but it keeps me going. Having fallen off so badly before, I will take whatever technique works.
Not silly at all, that's awesome!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #333  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good morning, this flu just doesn't want to leave... my energy is low and I want an organized house!
I feel you. My symptoms finally went away but I'm still waiting for my energy to return.
Quote:
Not silly at all to celebrate mini goals. You go!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #334  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Yesterday when I was trying on a skirt, mine actually fell off! Fortunately, I was only 'shopping in my closet' but I had to laugh.

Excited with you about both!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #335  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Maybe going through my drawer today should go on my to-do list. It is not as much fun as cleaning out regular clothes that do not fit but I guess it may save me some embarrassment.

Too funny on the skirt! Glad it happened at home too!

Being 1/2 way is very exciting! What a great achievement! I know how hard you've been working and I'm so excited for you!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #336  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Losing 55 pounds is a GREAT reason to celebrate. Halfway...way to go!! That is not silly at all! You've proven that it works and that you can do it. Keep it up! Congrats!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #337  

Ruth Ann: Re: Fun Sized
What a fabulous compliment!

Re: Underwear
I have a box of clothes that were given to me. They are too small right now but are my goal size and they're mostly very nice so I kept them. All my other "too small" clothes have come out of the boxes & into my closet (and some already back out!)

I went thru the box looking for one item recently (a 25 year-old Rose Bowl sweatshirt that FITS!) and in the bottom of the box were a bunch of underwear I'd saved from when I lost weight in 03. What a happy dance to find those ! I'd recently bought some new ones but I'm just as happy to use these first.

It'll be a long while before I'll need panties again. There were some bras in the box as well. Super happy dance on that one! Even tho I've had a reduction, I STILL wear pricey, supportive bras since I got reduced to a size that matches my body (I'd have been happy with close to nuthin', quite honestly but took the doc's recommendation)

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #338  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Third WI today and I'm down 10.5 lbs in total. Which means that I've reached my first milestone and can now book myself a facial. Woop woop!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #339  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have a quick question. Chicken broth is in some of the recipes given to me by my clinic.

Last night (because I am fighting another bug, darn) I added some to my chicken and vegetables and kind of made a soup.

Is that okay? Is there certain type of broth to use. The kind I bought is 99% fat free and no MSG. I can't seem to find fat free, salt free and MSG free all in one.

Thanks,

Carol
Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Colorado Carol I think the best way to get chicken broth is to make it. I notice my response to store bought (organic, low sodium) is still more than I want.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #341  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:

I agree... not silly at all!! I know I really celebrated when I hit half way! Its a great feeling!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 01-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #342  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ruth Ann: Re: Fun Sized
What a fabulous compliment!

Re: Underwear
I have a box of clothes that were given to me. They are too small right now but are my goal size and they're mostly very nice so I kept them. All my other "too small" clothes have come out of the boxes & into my closet (and some already back out!)

I went thru the box looking for one item recently (a 25 year-old Rose Bowl sweatshirt that FITS!) and in the bottom of the box were a bunch of underwear I'd saved from when I lost weight in 03. What a happy dance to find those ! I'd recently bought some new ones but I'm just as happy to use these first.

It'll be a long while before I'll need panties again. There were some bras in the box as well. Super happy dance on that one! Even tho I've had a reduction, I STILL wear pricey, supportive bras since I got reduced to a size that matches my body (I'd have been happy with close to nuthin', quite honestly but took the doc's recommendation)
It was a great compliment Lisa - made me smile all day!

I'm so jealous of people who have kept smaller clothes - I'd been heavy for so long that I had just given up and gotten rid of everything smaller except for a few things Then again, I am really enjoying shopping right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Third WI today and I'm down 10.5 lbs in total. Which means that I've reached my first milestone and can now book myself a facial. Woop woop!!!
Hooray Rosie! Enjoy the facial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I have a quick question. Chicken broth is in some of the recipes given to me by my clinic.

Last night (because I am fighting another bug, darn) I added some to my chicken and vegetables and kind of made a soup.

Is that okay? Is there certain type of broth to use. The kind I bought is 99% fat free and no MSG. I can't seem to find fat free, salt free and MSG free all in one.

Thanks,

Carol
Carol: I don't know of any that are sodium free. I usually make my own but in a pinch I use the Simply Truth Organic Free Range Chicken (it's a Kroger brand) and am just careful about how much I use.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Chicken broth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
It was a great compliment Lisa - made me smile all day!

Carol: I don't know of any that are sodium free. I usually make my own but in a pinch I use the Simply Truth Organic Free Range Chicken (it's a Kroger brand) and am just careful about how much I use.
Carol - even though it can be a pain in the neck, I try to make my own broth as well. I think it tastes better in addition to being better for me.

I use the weekends to just throw a big pot on the stove and let it simmer away with the chicken and veggies. I keep an eye out at the store for chicken on sale so that I keep the cost down.

Lisa is responsible for making me go this route and she is quite the supporter of the positive aspects of going this route, cold or no cold. Now I love the smell of my house as I prepare my week's supplies!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #344  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Lisa is responsible for making me go this route and she is quite the supporter of the positive aspects of going this route, cold or no cold. Now I love the smell of my house as I prepare my week's supplies!
Ditto on that! Lisa gives me all kinds of good ideas!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #345  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I just realized that I have been on IP for 9 months today. And as of today I have lost 99 pounds. So, 11 pounds a month. I like nice easy math numbers!

I have also lost 24 inches from my waist (that's right, 2 feet!) and a total of about 60 inches all together.

And that's why I've stayed 100% - because it works!
Closed Thread