Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #391  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Believe me there are plenty of times I exercise my self discipline. There is always some type of food at work or work lunch functions. The next challenge (which I am definitely ready for and will not cheat) will be a superbowl party. I have been 100% OP since the start and will not change.
And you've done so great! I certainly didn't mean to imply that you weren't exercising self-discipline! Unless you become a total hermit, it's impossible not to have to do so. I'm lucky that my work really doesn't involve having to navigate work lunches, etc. Made it easier for me.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #392  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
And you've done so great! I certainly didn't mean to imply that you weren't exercising self-discipline! Unless you become a total hermit, it's impossible not to have to do so. I'm lucky that my work really doesn't involve having to navigate work lunches, etc. Made it easier for me.
Ruth Ann I didn't take any offense. Everybody at work knows I am on this diet, but they still bring in all the crap. Believe me I don't fault them for that. So far I have overcome and held strong and will continue to do so. I want this weight off and I am not willing to waste any $ because this protocol is expensive.

Thanks to you and everyone for the support on this forum. It's nice to know we aren't "in it alone"
Old 01-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Ruth Ann I didn't take any offense. Everybody at work knows I am on this diet, but they still bring in all the crap. Believe me I don't fault them for that. So far I have overcome and held strong and will continue to do so. I want this weight off and I am not willing to waste any $ because this protocol is expensive.

Thanks to you and everyone for the support on this forum. It's nice to know we aren't "in it alone"
You are doing so well - one does have to hold strong amidst all the junk that people bring and with which we are confronted. I live in a house with my DH who eats things I do not even want to be near.

Good job on the self discipline - over 70 pounds is a huge accomplishment. I cannot wait to get there.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Weight loss breakthrough! After weeks of the flu, retaining water from EAS shake(sodium to high for me), and now my TOM- I weighed in -down 5 pounds at 189! I am so happy and relieved

Last edited by Slipfree; 01-25-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #395  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Glad you didn't take offense Carol. And I'm with you - this is way too expensive not to do 100%. I figure if I'm spending this much money, I want to get the most out of the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Weight loss breakthrough! After weeks of the flu, retaining water from EAS shake(sodium to high for me), and now my TOM- I weighed in -down 5 pounds at 189! I am so happy and relieved
Hooray Slipfree! That is just wonderful - congrats!

And it's funny how our minds work when it comes to food. I bought a bunch of products at a large discount and included in it was a box of the Raspberry Chocolaty bars which I had never even heard of before. I looked at the stats and thought "I really don't think this is something I should be eating." Checked with my coach - she doesn't even carry them because she doesn't think they fit the IP profile at all. She congratulated me on making good choices though!

At any rate, those things were driving me nuts. I kept thinking "well, I could have just one square, it says it's an IP product, what could that hurt?" But I know me - give me a little opening and I'll drive a freakin' truck through it. I know, I've seen me do it! So I gave the box to my boss, who is on maintenance.

But just the fact that I was obsessing over those stupid chocolate bars made me realize that I still have work to do on my relationship with food. I am proud of myself for not giving in and just getting rid of them though.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
At any rate, those things were driving me nuts. I kept thinking "well, I could have just one square, it says it's an IP product, what could that hurt?" But I know me - give me a little opening and I'll drive a freakin' truck through it. I know, I've seen me do it! So I gave the box to my boss, who is on maintenance.

But just the fact that I was obsessing over those stupid chocolate bars made me realize that I still have work to do on my relationship with food. I am proud of myself for not giving in and just getting rid of them though.
LOL I love what I bolded. Very true for many of us. That's why it's so important to stay 100%. Not only for now but to strengthen our resolve for maintenance.

I'm so proud of you for recognizing that within yourself. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #397  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Thanks IPN! It was kind of a "lightbulb moment" for me. I could make a ton of justifications even though I knew I shouldn't eat them.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ruth Ann, I know exactly what you mean! I am that way about Cheddar Crisps. I eat my restricted early in my day, but I am often tempted by the CC when I come home from work. I have a struggle with my self not to eat them, so now I do not order them. I think certain types of foods and times of day will always be triggers, we just have to work to circumvent them. By giving away the chocolate bars, you did this perfectly.

Thank you for your support, the last few weeks have been a bit frustrating. I can feel the stress leaving my body now. 3 weeks until I have an official weigh in again. Until then all I have to do is focus on the protocol.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #399  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I have sometimes wondered if it would be easier living alone (not that I plan to off dh or anything!), especially since the guys eat a lot and love their junk food. Then again, staying OP while surrounded by food I'm not currently eating has really upped my self-discipline!
It really helped me in the beginning I think - but I also think there is real value in working on the self-discipline too. The first time I went home to see my niece and nephew (I go about once a month), it was quite an adjustment
Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #400  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Awesome! Congrats!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 PM   #401  

Default Quest Bars

Quote:
Ruth Ann, I know exactly what you mean! I am that way about Cheddar Crisps. I eat my restricted early in my day, but I am often tempted by the CC when I come home from work. I have a struggle with my self not to eat them, so now I do not order them. I think certain types of foods and times of day will always be triggers, we just have to work to circumvent them. By giving away the chocolate bars, you did this perfectly.

Thank you for your support, the last few weeks have been a bit frustrating. I can feel the stress leaving my body now. 3 weeks until I have an official weigh in again. Until then all I have to do is focus on the protocol.
Slipfree - I have the same approach to the Quest bars. I know I cannot have them around as it will be too tempting for me to eat them, one right after the other. So as a result, I am very careful about the restricted items so that I do not go off 100% OP.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #402  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
So glad the stress is easing up for you! It's horrid what stress can do to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
It really helped me in the beginning I think - but I also think there is real value in working on the self-discipline too. The first time I went home to see my niece and nephew (I go about once a month), it was quite an adjustment
The first time seeing family was hard on me - they were all like "you look great" and then constantly offered me stuff I wasn't going to eat or drink. However, to their credit, they had no clue what I was supposed to have or not have, so it was kind of my fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Slipfree - I have the same approach to the Quest bars. I know I cannot have them around as it will be too tempting for me to eat them, one right after the other. So as a result, I am very careful about the restricted items so that I do not go off 100% OP.
Good for you for recognizing your triggers schenectady!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #403  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Why oh why am I up so early? And with lots of energy? I want to start cleaning things but the rest of the house is asleep. Gotta think of something I can organize quietly.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #404  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Quest bars & simply chips
I've taken to only buying one at a time
I found a local store tat carries simply chips so occasionally I'll stop for 1 bag, if it fits into the day. Snacks foods have always been a problem for me and chips/etc probly won't be a part of my maintenance plan with any regularity so limiting them now is working for me. They were sure helpful those first months OP tho!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #405  

What a great idea, Lisa. It never occurred to me to buy just one!
The chips you are talking about "Simply Chips" - are they something you found in the health food section or someplace special?
Closed Thread