Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Historically this thread had been the one where we don't talk cheating. It's been the place to escape the cheat talk

Daily thread might be a better place for anyone feeling the need to confess in the future
Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt the flow here.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #437  

Height: 5 '6

A good friend called yesterday and is getting married March 1st! Always a good motivator to stay on track!! Will see a lot of old friends so I'm looking forward to being down another 10 pounds! (don't worry Ruth Ann, I'll get over it if its not quite 10! LOL!)
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #438  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
A good friend called yesterday and is getting married March 1st! Always a good motivator to stay on track!! Will see a lot of old friends so I'm looking forward to being down another 10 pounds! (don't worry Ruth Ann, I'll get over it if its not quite 10! LOL!)
LOL Hiker! And look at you - almost 60 lbs, way to zoom along!

Had the day from h**l today - seemed like I was the only efficient person in the entire world. Get home, was telling dh about my day and he said "that's you - just a compact little efficiency package." That made me laugh and made the whole day better! I am truly blessed with my dh.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #439  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Had the day from h**l today - seemed like I was the only efficient person in the entire world. Get home, was telling dh about my day and he said "that's you - just a compact little efficiency package." That made me laugh and made the whole day better! I am truly blessed with my dh.
Sounds like you have a great support and cheering squad! Makes a difference when you are surrounded by good people!

I find a good walk outside after a day from h**l helps me decompress and my head is a little more clear when I get home!

I can't remember your weigh in day... but I'm watching!!! and Waiting!!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #440  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Sounds like you have a great support and cheering squad! Makes a difference when you are surrounded by good people!

I find a good walk outside after a day from h**l helps me decompress and my head is a little more clear when I get home!

I can't remember your weigh in day... but I'm watching!!! and Waiting!!
I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill with my headphones and loud music - made the day much better!

Weigh-in tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #441  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I did not want to be up at 4 a.m. Makes for a very long day. Oh well, it's not like I have nothing to get done today.

I'm thinking of taking a ME day on Saturday (since we all know what I'll be doing on Sunday!) getting my nails done, do some clothes shopping (even if I don't buy anything), etc., etc.

I think we forget sometimes how important it is to be really nice to ourselves - whether we are dieting or not. We get so busy taking care of so much stuff that taking time to pamper ourselves kind of gets put on the back burner. Even just taking an hour and sitting down with a good book is so good for my head - I really got to work on doing it!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm thinking of taking a ME day on Saturday (since we all know what I'll be doing on Sunday!) getting my nails done, do some clothes shopping (even if I don't buy anything), etc., etc.

I think we forget sometimes how important it is to be really nice to ourselves - whether we are dieting or not. We get so busy taking care of so much stuff that taking time to pamper ourselves kind of gets put on the back burner. Even just taking an hour and sitting down with a good book is so good for my head - I really got to work on doing it!
Absolutely, you deserve it!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #443  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4931051] I'm thinking of taking a ME day on Saturday (since we all know what I'll be doing on Sunday!) getting my nails done, do some clothes shopping (even if I don't buy anything), etc., etc. QUOTE]

Ruth Ann, I suspect you will be doing the same thing on Sunday as I am, as it is Seahawks v Broncos in the Super Bowl.

Have a great ME day on Saturday.

Carol
Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #444  

Good morning! It will be another busy day, which isn't a bad thing as its easy to stay OP when the time flies!

Looking forward to seeing Ruth Ann's results... very exciting!!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #445  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Excited for you

Quote:
I did not want to be up at 4 a.m. Makes for a very long day. Oh well, it's not like I have nothing to get done today.

First, my fingers a re crossed for you at weigh-in. I know we are not supposed to place emphasis on weight but it would be so nice to hit a agic big number, and thoroughly deserved.

Secondly, of COURSE you need to take a ME day. I know that I took 20++ years of mom/wife/chauffeur/cook etc that I must have plenty of ME days in the bak, and so must you. Just tell us how much fun you have!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #446  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Well, I tried but I stayed exactly the same this week - measurements and all. I am not unhappy or upset - some weeks are like that. I'll hit the big 100 soon, I have no doubt!

Glad I have all of you cheering me on - you guys are wonderful!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #447  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Ruth Ann, you know the body just has to catch up sometimes. You are amazing, and the rest will come off!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #448  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Ruth Ann, you know the body just has to catch up sometimes. You are amazing, and the rest will come off!
Thanks drd! And I do know that sometimes there's a catch up week. I'm not upset by it - it's kind of funny that my body said "nope" right when I'm about to hit a big milestone! I think of how far I've come and this is just a little bump in the road compared to other issues I've had and what some other people have gone through.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #449  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Thanks drd! And I do know that sometimes there's a catch up week. I'm not upset by it - it's kind of funny that my body said "nope" right when I'm about to hit a big milestone! I think of how far I've come and this is just a little bump in the road compared to other issues I've had and what some other people have gone through.
You have a great attitude Ruth Ann. It helped me today. Not sure it is going to be a "big" scale day, but if it isn't, it isn't. I know that I have done what I need to do, following 100% OP etc and if I don't get huge results on the scale today, then so be it. I do feel like I may have lost some inches as the pants I wore today feel looser than they did last week. Good thing they take measurements every week.

Also, because of my sinus headache, I broke from my normal tradition of not eating/drinking much on WI day. I am drinking tons of hot tea because it helps the headache.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #450  

Quote:
Well, I tried but I stayed exactly the same this week - measurements and all. I am not unhappy or upset - some weeks are like that. I'll hit the big 100 soon, I have no doubt!

Glad I have all of you cheering me on - you guys are wonderful!
You're just waiting for me.
Thank you so much
Closed Thread