Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #31  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Anyone had any luck with the Chocolate Muffin/Pancake mix? I am in a wedding in January, and my best friend seems disappointed that I won't be able to partake in the cupcakes they are having at the reception, which I don't really mind, but I figured, I could stay OP and try and make a plain cupcake (or even a WF jelly filled one) if the mix actually worked well enough to make good cupcakes...
The chocolate pancake/muffin mix are one of my faves. The trick to make a good muffin is one and a half ounces of COLD water. Then nuke it for 2 minutes. It comes out nice and dense but moist. I don't know how it would keep if you made it in advance.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Anyone had any luck with the Chocolate Muffin/Pancake mix? I am in a wedding in January, and my best friend seems disappointed that I won't be able to partake in the cupcakes they are having at the reception, which I don't really mind, but I figured, I could stay OP and try and make a plain cupcake (or even a WF jelly filled one) if the mix actually worked well enough to make good cupcakes...
I used the chocolate pancake mix to make a cupcake for my birthday in September - it turned out really well and was a nice "treat". I didn't think of doing a WF jelly filling though, that's brilliant!

Popping on to say Merry Christmas to everyone!

Jo
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 228.8/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Now that I am in phase 4 I no longer have issues with the big C. Now I am having quite the opposite problem. The greek yogurt I've been eating since phase 3 should not be an issue. I had no issues in phase 3. I have added nuts only cashews and almonds as fat snack or as fat with fat meal. Any one experience something similar?
Old 12-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Anyone have any suggestions for recipes for the chocolate pudding mix?
Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #35  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're all enjoying a great OP day.

Sarahbell, Here are a few of my favs for the chocolate pudding:

Chocolate mocha - blend mix with about 5 oz chilled coffee.

Chocolate peppermint "ice cream" - 1 packet pudding with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, mix well and put in freezer until almost solid

Chocolate peanut mousse - 1 packet pudding, 4oz water, 1 tbsp WF peanut butter, 2 Tbsp egg whites - blend 2-3 minutes until fluffy, chill until ready to serve
Old 12-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #36  

Quote:
Congrats! That is an AWESOME NSV! I cannot wait to not shop in the plus sizes!
I cant wait to wear boots that fit over my calves!
Have a great OP Christmas and New Years!
Tank you so much!!! I was so pepped up yesterday it was not even funny!!!

I had to go to a size 9 boot because my calf is still a little big for size 8 1/1 or 8s. BUT I will take my foot moving some just so I can wear them!!!

You are looking so good!! I hope you have a sweet holiday and your family
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #37  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
For those who eat quest bars what are your favorite flavors? They have some on sale at a local store here but I have no idea which ones are close to IP and what flavors seem to rank best on here?

And suggestions?

ps. they have so many flavors I have no idea what to get!
I tried a couple and my favorite is apple pie and cinnamon roll.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
I tried a couple and my favorite is apple pie and cinnamon roll.
I bought 7 kinds: cinnamon roll, peanut butter surpreme, double chocolate, apple pie, white choc. raspberry, cocnut cashew (I got 3 of those) and cookie dough.

I have had the cinnamon roll flavor today and loved it. So I am excited to try the rest@
Old 12-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I bought 7 kinds: cinnamon roll, peanut butter surpreme, double chocolate, apple pie, white choc. raspberry, cocnut cashew (I got 3 of those) and cookie dough.

I have had the cinnamon roll flavor today and loved it. So I am excited to try the rest@
Check out the quest bar thread. Not all quest bars are IP compliant
In a nutshell, here is the info: (note: newest double choc chunk isn't included in the cut/paste. I'd have to look them up. I think they fall in restricted category

The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit our IP profile for alts (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge between restricted & non (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g net carbs. I'd still personally call them restricted, altho some use them as nonrestricted. Make your decisions carefully and determine what works based on WIs.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-24-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynaria View Post
Now that I am in phase 4 I no longer have issues with the big C. Now I am having quite the opposite problem. The greek yogurt I've been eating since phase 3 should not be an issue. I had no issues in phase 3. I have added nuts only cashews and almonds as fat snack or as fat with fat meal. Any one experience something similar?
Congrats on p4
You might want to inquire in the maintainers thread on that one.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #41  
finale

Ok the craziness with my mother is already starting and she is not even in town yet. She is a great mom but she just called to tell me she will be in town on Monday, December 30 and she is getting a hotel room with my sister's girls by herself. I told her by the time we get there after work it will be after 6pm and we have to work the next day and I feel that it won't work for my family.
I said why can't we see you on the weekend or Wed, New Years Day due to its a holiday for my family and no one will be working. She said Paua's (my sister's) daughter's dont know her. She said they are little and your children are older. I said that is not fair, because my kids are older they dont need to see you? She said I lived there when your kids were little and I don't see her kids. I said that has nothing to do with it. She said I will be up when Paula is not working. So she said will stay at my house on Thursday night before she flies out on Friday.
I really wish she would not tell us she is coming to town or just stay away. Her family doesn't have anything to do with her and treat her badly so she has said in the past that this is ok because this is how her family worked.
I am making a gameplan for the week while she is her and I will be on my schedule and if I see her I see her. She will not bring me down or sabatoge my weightloss success due to her and the crap she brings to town with her.
My game plan is to workout in the morning and evening each day to keep my stress level down and stay in control of my emotions. I will not let myself stressful eat while my mother is here.
Thanks for listening and being her when I am overwelmed and tired of my family and their selfishness.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #42  
maintaining since 9/2013

Great that you have a plan, finale. Sending you my good wishes for getting through a challenging time.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #43  
finale

My Christmas eve is falling apart....I don't know what to do. My daughter was suppose to go to church with us at 9 and she sent me a text she will go with me next Sunday. She spends all her time with her boyfriend and never wants to leave his side. I have been a mom that wants my daughter to like me but suddenly all is blowing up in my face. I told her she will be going to church with us this is her family. I said you are part of this family and you will be going to church with us and staying home after that. I have let her stay at her boyfriends on the weekend. I will not do that anymore, she is 17 and a senior in highschool and I got lax and don't want to do that anymore.
I told her I am no longer going to treat you like an adult you are my child and you live under my roof.
I said your boyfriend has been living off you for a while now and you should want more for yourself than that. She has a good job and has no money to show for it due to her making a car payment and paying for gas and whatever the two of them do. I told her enough is enough and I am tired of worrying about what is going to happen. I was always scared she would be so lonely because as we all have done with boyfriends we give up our friends. She does not forgive people that hurt her, or talk behind her back.
I know that I need to take back control and I am doing that right now. I will have her achieve her dreams and not let this boyfriend determine where she ends up.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #44  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Finale: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Take a deep breath and try to manage things one little bit at a time (hard! I know!).

Remember, there are only so many things you can control. All you can do is control your reactions and actions - what other people do is on them. Take some time for yourself - go take a hot bath, put on your headphones and listen to some uplifting music or go take a nice long walk. Being good to yourself, especially when you are in a stressful situation, is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

Hugs to you and stay strong!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Whelp, off to the in-laws where nothing but the turkey will be IP compliant, and husband will not let me take anything because it would be "rude" to his mother. Made it through Thanksgiving, so will make it through today as well.
Closed Thread