3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290830-ip-daily-chat.html)

lisa32989 12-25-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4904799)
Whelp, off to the in-laws where nothing but the turkey will be IP compliant, and husband will not let me take anything because it would be "rude" to his mother. Made it through Thanksgiving, so will make it through today as well.

I'm unsure why anyone would consider it rude to take care of ourselves. Much more rude would be to attempt to dictate menu for others. If someone had diabetes or other disease /medical condition necessitating different food, and brought what they needed, nobody would think twice. We hear every day that obesity is becoming the #1 killer, yet people react to our dietary needs as above. So sad to not get ultimate support from your closest loved one.

I've taken to always bringing a veggie tray so I'll have something to eat (and share). It is always appreciated and doesn't clash with food planned by hosts.

serlinr 12-25-2013 01:39 PM

I'm looking at my cinnamon roll Quest bar. 7 net carbs and less than 30% calories from fat. I usually count as resticted, but I'm traveling today so I may count as unrestricted and have a pure protein bar later.

nolasmurf 12-25-2013 02:13 PM

Just finished an excellent meal that was 90% IP. Ham, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, sweet potatoes and rolls for those that could have them. Yay I know several occasional veggies on the menu but that's okay. ;)
Been following phase 2 and doing good.

sekc14 12-25-2013 02:43 PM

Parsnips

Are parsnips allowed on phase I?

Ruth Ann 12-25-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekc14 (Post 4904833)
Are parsnips allowed on phase I?

Nope, sorry - they are on the "not allowed" list.

sarahBell 12-25-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4904827)
Just finished an excellent meal that was 90% IP. Ham, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, sweet potatoes and rolls for those that could have them. Yay I know several occasional veggies on the menu but that's okay. ;)
Been following phase 2 and doing good.

YAY!!!! Congrats on making it through dinner. I was doing awesome until DD made sticky rolls and had me try one (her first time baking them) they were good, but I stopped at half LOL.

I am doing good today other than that. Hopefully tomorrow will be 100% like Monday was and Tuesday!

Have a safe holiday everyone!

ps. this whole quest bar thing has me confuzzled :dizzy:

ssdlturtle 12-25-2013 05:49 PM

Everyone have a great Christmas. Cold here but staying warm in the house and with family, had to work this am. But had a good day

shrinkingsusie 12-25-2013 06:04 PM

Merry Christmas!!!

drd1961 12-25-2013 07:28 PM

It is my husband who will not let me bring anything compliant and does not want me to say anything. There was next to nothing IP compliant so I ate turkey and all the celery sticks.

We are suppose to go over there New Years Day and since that is not such a special day I am bringing a veggie tray. So tired of all the starches they have.

drd1961 12-25-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4904820)
I'm unsure why anyone would consider it rude to take care of ourselves. Much more rude would be to attempt to dictate menu for others. If someone had diabetes or other disease /medical condition necessitating different food, and brought what they needed, nobody would think twice. We hear every day that obesity is becoming the #1 killer, yet people react to our dietary needs as above. So sad to not get ultimate support from your closest loved one.

I've taken to always bringing a veggie tray so I'll have something to eat (and share). It is always appreciated and doesn't clash with food planned by hosts.

You would think that wouldn't you, but just dieting is not considered a disease I guess, especially since I am now successful and in everyone's eyes thin. My father-in-law is suppose to be careful with his diet because of his heart(he is underweight), but he eats just as poorly. Everyone figures that it is a holiday. I was the only person not totally uncomfortable and overstuffed.

nettie134 12-25-2013 08:36 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Made it through Christmas Dinner with no cheats, It wasn't as hard as I thought, I am very proud of myself. I haven't been proud of myself for a very long time it feels good.

ems70508 12-25-2013 10:19 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm sorry to hear about some of y'all's struggles today, it breaks my heart to hear that you aren't getting the support you need. Today after lunch, I made a chocolate drink mix and warmed it up to have cocoa. Good thing I brought two because the first one got passed around for the family to try. Everyone loved it!! They crack me up. Asked me where they could buy it. I said, that's the most expensive hot chocolate you'll ever have. Go buy your own nesquik at Wal mart!

dmp005 12-25-2013 11:42 PM

Merry Christmas! I haven't told my extended family that I'm on IP and it was so easy to eat turkey, salad and brussels sprouts. I love this plan!

drd1961 12-26-2013 05:38 AM

I told my husband I wanted to bring a nice veggie tray next week and he said it would be fine. He just does not understand because he eats no veggies.

My family get together will be Monday, but it is later in the evening so I will eat before. I tried to organize the food and was going to bring all IP compliant foods. My Dad stepped in and said he wanted to bring pizza. However, it does not start until 7 because of people working(3 family members work for USPS and work long hours right now). So I will eat before. My family will not judge as there are actually more obese people in it.

sekc14 12-26-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4904757)
Finale: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Take a deep breath and try to manage things one little bit at a time (hard! I know!).

Remember, there are only so many things you can control. All you can do is control your reactions and actions - what other people do is on them. Take some time for yourself - go take a hot bath, put on your headphones and listen to some uplifting music or go take a nice long walk. Being good to yourself, especially when you are in a stressful situation, is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

Hugs to you and stay strong! :hug:

Ruth Ann this is great advice. I've learned this on my own but it's just wonderful to get such great advice on a free forum such as 3FC.

I was sick with cold/flu and had to cancel my flight home for Christmas. I was invited to two Christmas dinners but declined because i went OP at Tgiving and didn't want to risk that happening again. My last IP visit after I admitted to going OP at Tgiving by drinking wine, the coach threatened to phase me out of the program if I drink again or if I don't stay OP.

I really want to continue IP, not the alternate plan. I need checkin and supervision that is mainly why IP works for me because the office visits, accountability, and rigid structure. I'm happy that I stayed OP even though it meant foregoing the parties. It's only one Christmas and plus, my cousins came over for tea and coffee in the evening. I enjoyed the day and am so thankful I stayed OP.

There are only a few more days before NYE and I feel like since I made it through Christmas OP, I can easily make NYE. But, I will also avoid parties for NYE.