3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290830-ip-daily-chat.html)

finale 12-24-2013 06:32 PM

Ok the craziness with my mother is already starting and she is not even in town yet. She is a great mom but she just called to tell me she will be in town on Monday, December 30 and she is getting a hotel room with my sister's girls by herself. I told her by the time we get there after work it will be after 6pm and we have to work the next day and I feel that it won't work for my family.
I said why can't we see you on the weekend or Wed, New Years Day due to its a holiday for my family and no one will be working. She said Paua's (my sister's) daughter's dont know her. She said they are little and your children are older. I said that is not fair, because my kids are older they dont need to see you? She said I lived there when your kids were little and I don't see her kids. I said that has nothing to do with it. She said I will be up when Paula is not working. So she said will stay at my house on Thursday night before she flies out on Friday.
I really wish she would not tell us she is coming to town or just stay away. Her family doesn't have anything to do with her and treat her badly so she has said in the past that this is ok because this is how her family worked.
I am making a gameplan for the week while she is her and I will be on my schedule and if I see her I see her. She will not bring me down or sabatoge my weightloss success due to her and the crap she brings to town with her.
My game plan is to workout in the morning and evening each day to keep my stress level down and stay in control of my emotions. I will not let myself stressful eat while my mother is here.
Thanks for listening and being her when I am overwelmed and tired of my family and their selfishness.

mars735 12-24-2013 07:34 PM

Great that you have a plan, finale. Sending you my good wishes for getting through a challenging time.

finale 12-24-2013 08:43 PM

My Christmas eve is falling apart....I don't know what to do. My daughter was suppose to go to church with us at 9 and she sent me a text she will go with me next Sunday. She spends all her time with her boyfriend and never wants to leave his side. I have been a mom that wants my daughter to like me but suddenly all is blowing up in my face. I told her she will be going to church with us this is her family. I said you are part of this family and you will be going to church with us and staying home after that. I have let her stay at her boyfriends on the weekend. I will not do that anymore, she is 17 and a senior in highschool and I got lax and don't want to do that anymore.
I told her I am no longer going to treat you like an adult you are my child and you live under my roof.
I said your boyfriend has been living off you for a while now and you should want more for yourself than that. She has a good job and has no money to show for it due to her making a car payment and paying for gas and whatever the two of them do. I told her enough is enough and I am tired of worrying about what is going to happen. I was always scared she would be so lonely because as we all have done with boyfriends we give up our friends. She does not forgive people that hurt her, or talk behind her back.
I know that I need to take back control and I am doing that right now. I will have her achieve her dreams and not let this boyfriend determine where she ends up.

Ruth Ann 12-25-2013 08:26 AM

Finale: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Take a deep breath and try to manage things one little bit at a time (hard! I know!).

Remember, there are only so many things you can control. All you can do is control your reactions and actions - what other people do is on them. Take some time for yourself - go take a hot bath, put on your headphones and listen to some uplifting music or go take a nice long walk. Being good to yourself, especially when you are in a stressful situation, is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

Hugs to you and stay strong! :hug:

drd1961 12-25-2013 11:47 AM

Whelp, off to the in-laws where nothing but the turkey will be IP compliant, and husband will not let me take anything because it would be "rude" to his mother. Made it through Thanksgiving, so will make it through today as well.

lisa32989 12-25-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drd1961 (Post 4904799)
Whelp, off to the in-laws where nothing but the turkey will be IP compliant, and husband will not let me take anything because it would be "rude" to his mother. Made it through Thanksgiving, so will make it through today as well.

I'm unsure why anyone would consider it rude to take care of ourselves. Much more rude would be to attempt to dictate menu for others. If someone had diabetes or other disease /medical condition necessitating different food, and brought what they needed, nobody would think twice. We hear every day that obesity is becoming the #1 killer, yet people react to our dietary needs as above. So sad to not get ultimate support from your closest loved one.

I've taken to always bringing a veggie tray so I'll have something to eat (and share). It is always appreciated and doesn't clash with food planned by hosts.

serlinr 12-25-2013 01:39 PM

I'm looking at my cinnamon roll Quest bar. 7 net carbs and less than 30% calories from fat. I usually count as resticted, but I'm traveling today so I may count as unrestricted and have a pure protein bar later.

nolasmurf 12-25-2013 02:13 PM

Just finished an excellent meal that was 90% IP. Ham, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, sweet potatoes and rolls for those that could have them. Yay I know several occasional veggies on the menu but that's okay. ;)
Been following phase 2 and doing good.

sekc14 12-25-2013 02:43 PM

Parsnips

Are parsnips allowed on phase I?

Ruth Ann 12-25-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekc14 (Post 4904833)
Are parsnips allowed on phase I?

Nope, sorry - they are on the "not allowed" list.

sarahBell 12-25-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4904827)
Just finished an excellent meal that was 90% IP. Ham, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, sweet potatoes and rolls for those that could have them. Yay I know several occasional veggies on the menu but that's okay. ;)
Been following phase 2 and doing good.

YAY!!!! Congrats on making it through dinner. I was doing awesome until DD made sticky rolls and had me try one (her first time baking them) they were good, but I stopped at half LOL.

I am doing good today other than that. Hopefully tomorrow will be 100% like Monday was and Tuesday!

Have a safe holiday everyone!

ps. this whole quest bar thing has me confuzzled :dizzy:

ssdlturtle 12-25-2013 05:49 PM

Everyone have a great Christmas. Cold here but staying warm in the house and with family, had to work this am. But had a good day

shrinkingsusie 12-25-2013 06:04 PM

Merry Christmas!!!

drd1961 12-25-2013 07:28 PM

It is my husband who will not let me bring anything compliant and does not want me to say anything. There was next to nothing IP compliant so I ate turkey and all the celery sticks.

We are suppose to go over there New Years Day and since that is not such a special day I am bringing a veggie tray. So tired of all the starches they have.

drd1961 12-25-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4904820)
I'm unsure why anyone would consider it rude to take care of ourselves. Much more rude would be to attempt to dictate menu for others. If someone had diabetes or other disease /medical condition necessitating different food, and brought what they needed, nobody would think twice. We hear every day that obesity is becoming the #1 killer, yet people react to our dietary needs as above. So sad to not get ultimate support from your closest loved one.

I've taken to always bringing a veggie tray so I'll have something to eat (and share). It is always appreciated and doesn't clash with food planned by hosts.

You would think that wouldn't you, but just dieting is not considered a disease I guess, especially since I am now successful and in everyone's eyes thin. My father-in-law is suppose to be careful with his diet because of his heart(he is underweight), but he eats just as poorly. Everyone figures that it is a holiday. I was the only person not totally uncomfortable and overstuffed.

nettie134 12-25-2013 08:36 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Made it through Christmas Dinner with no cheats, It wasn't as hard as I thought, I am very proud of myself. I haven't been proud of myself for a very long time it feels good.

ems70508 12-25-2013 10:19 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm sorry to hear about some of y'all's struggles today, it breaks my heart to hear that you aren't getting the support you need. Today after lunch, I made a chocolate drink mix and warmed it up to have cocoa. Good thing I brought two because the first one got passed around for the family to try. Everyone loved it!! They crack me up. Asked me where they could buy it. I said, that's the most expensive hot chocolate you'll ever have. Go buy your own nesquik at Wal mart!

dmp005 12-25-2013 11:42 PM

Merry Christmas! I haven't told my extended family that I'm on IP and it was so easy to eat turkey, salad and brussels sprouts. I love this plan!

drd1961 12-26-2013 05:38 AM

I told my husband I wanted to bring a nice veggie tray next week and he said it would be fine. He just does not understand because he eats no veggies.

My family get together will be Monday, but it is later in the evening so I will eat before. I tried to organize the food and was going to bring all IP compliant foods. My Dad stepped in and said he wanted to bring pizza. However, it does not start until 7 because of people working(3 family members work for USPS and work long hours right now). So I will eat before. My family will not judge as there are actually more obese people in it.

sekc14 12-26-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4904757)
Finale: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. Take a deep breath and try to manage things one little bit at a time (hard! I know!).

Remember, there are only so many things you can control. All you can do is control your reactions and actions - what other people do is on them. Take some time for yourself - go take a hot bath, put on your headphones and listen to some uplifting music or go take a nice long walk. Being good to yourself, especially when you are in a stressful situation, is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

Hugs to you and stay strong! :hug:

Ruth Ann this is great advice. I've learned this on my own but it's just wonderful to get such great advice on a free forum such as 3FC.

I was sick with cold/flu and had to cancel my flight home for Christmas. I was invited to two Christmas dinners but declined because i went OP at Tgiving and didn't want to risk that happening again. My last IP visit after I admitted to going OP at Tgiving by drinking wine, the coach threatened to phase me out of the program if I drink again or if I don't stay OP.

I really want to continue IP, not the alternate plan. I need checkin and supervision that is mainly why IP works for me because the office visits, accountability, and rigid structure. I'm happy that I stayed OP even though it meant foregoing the parties. It's only one Christmas and plus, my cousins came over for tea and coffee in the evening. I enjoyed the day and am so thankful I stayed OP.

There are only a few more days before NYE and I feel like since I made it through Christmas OP, I can easily make NYE. But, I will also avoid parties for NYE.

sekc14 12-26-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nettie134 (Post 4904884)
Merry Christmas Everyone...

Made it through Christmas Dinner with no cheats, It wasn't as hard as I thought, I am very proud of myself. I haven't been proud of myself for a very long time it feels good.

Good for you, Nettie! I feel proud of myself too. It is a really good feeling :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ruth Ann 12-26-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekc14 (Post 4904970)
Ruth Ann this is great advice. I've learned this on my own but it's just wonderful to get such great advice on a free forum such as 3FC.

I was sick with cold/flu and had to cancel my flight home for Christmas. I was invited to two Christmas dinners but declined because i went OP at Tgiving and didn't want to risk that happening again. My last IP visit after I admitted to going OP at Tgiving by drinking wine, the coach threatened to phase me out of the program if I drink again or if I don't stay OP.

I really want to continue IP, not the alternate plan. I need checkin and supervision that is mainly why IP works for me because the office visits, accountability, and rigid structure. I'm happy that I stayed OP even though it meant foregoing the parties. It's only one Christmas and plus, my cousins came over for tea and coffee in the evening. I enjoyed the day and am so thankful I stayed OP.

There are only a few more days before NYE and I feel like since I made it through Christmas OP, I can easily make NYE. But, I will also avoid parties for NYE.

So sorry you were sick through Christmas sekc. Not fun at all and I hope you are feeling better.

And you're right - it's one Christmas. By next Christmas you'll be able to make really good food choices and look really, really good doing it! I'm with you - the structure of IP is so important, especially while I'm retraining myself on how I think about food.

We're having a small group over for NY - dh is cooking and we'll be in control of the food so I'll be all set with plenty of food I can eat.

nolasmurf 12-26-2013 10:58 AM

Well my holiday is wrapping to a close. Will be heading out to Corpus Christi for some shopping then catching my flight back at 6:30. Ive enjoyed my time with my family. Reading to get back to 100% tho. I'm glad my family was all about heathly meals but there were way too many sweets!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

lighthouse101 12-26-2013 11:12 AM

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday yesterday! DH and I had a lovely day with friends (we have no family near us and are always grateful for our friends who invite us to share holidays with them and their families!). I'm sad to read some of the posts of people who've had a hard time getting their families to understand or accept the need to eat differently than what most people consider the traditional holiday dishes. Good for many of you who pushed through and stayed OP as best as you could!

My friends happen to be very supportive and even asked me ahead of time what vegetables are "allowed" for me. There was lovely kale, bok choy, spinach salad - yum! I brought tofu, since I am vegetarian, and even the non-meat eaters had some of that along with their turkey. We enjoyed a great time socializing, which was the best part of the day!

drd1961 12-26-2013 11:48 AM

One of the funniest comments I got yesterday was from my sister-in-law. She asked me what do I do with all my time. I asked what she meant and she said, well I am always eating, not sure what I would do if I did not eat all the time. Keep in mind she is a size 4.... I just laughed and said I was not hungry so did not need to eat all the time.

lisa32989 12-26-2013 01:21 PM

My Response to a similar question: cooking from scratch! Chopping veggies!

this girl is awake 12-26-2013 01:42 PM

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone will remember me; I lost about 50 pounds on IP from October-January this past year. I have since gained it all back. I restarted today.
Glad you are all still here :)

ColoradoCarol 12-26-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this girl is awake (Post 4905120)
Hi all,
I don't know if anyone will remember me; I lost about 50 pounds on IP from October-January this past year. I have since gained it all back. I restarted today.
Glad you are all still here :)

Welcome back! What clinic do you go to?

shrinkingsusie 12-26-2013 07:24 PM

Hi everyone! Had my 24th weigh in this morning and was down 3.6! Only .8 lbs away from completing the Xmas/NYE challenge!

Back to work for me in the morning. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I was hoping to get some good deals on clothes today for Boxing Day but the mall was a zoo so I will try again on the weekend!

shrinkingsusie 12-26-2013 07:27 PM

Also, I am proudly rocking the size medium sweater my husband got me! :p

ssdlturtle 12-26-2013 08:09 PM

drd1961 sorry you are not getting the support you need. It is hard when you don't especially when your going to there house.

Like the holidays but will be glad when they are over so there is not as many sweets, etc. Plus, you have to rush everywhere and get all the shopping done. Even hate going just to do grocery shopping due to crowds.

Everyone have a great weekend. Have to work the weekend so may not get back on.

Lisa32989 thanks for all the information you give us and help us with again. It really helps.

Slipfree 12-26-2013 08:26 PM

Shrinkingsusie, awesome WI! Congrats on the Medium sweater too!

SkinnyChiz 12-27-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4905227)
Hi everyone! Had my 24th weigh in this morning and was down 3.6! Only .8 lbs away from completing the Xmas/NYE challenge!

Back to work for me in the morning. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I was hoping to get some good deals on clothes today for Boxing Day but the mall was a zoo so I will try again on the weekend!

Good jon Susie! keep it up.

f6noob 12-27-2013 07:12 AM

Hi all. Merry Christmas. It's been very hard to stay OP over the holidays after failing off the wagon (pretty much 100% OP for 3 1/2 months). I've mostly survived but - boom - keep hopping on the scale and I'm up 4.5 lbs. Hopefully I can use this next run of days to fully be OP by New Years.

It's nice to check in and see everyone still going strong. And for those that have fallen off the wagon and hopping back on - I'm with you.

Let's be solid through the New Year all the way to goal!

Take care.

lisa32989 12-27-2013 09:10 AM

Fyi

For some folks threads run up to 24 pages. Here's how to fix that.

To fix:
1. Go to User CP
2. Select Edit Options
3. Scroll down to Number of Posts to Show Per Page
4. Select Show 40 Posts per Page
5. Remember to Save Changes

drd1961 12-27-2013 10:25 AM

So I must have done something right on Christmas, down 3!

Deana509 12-27-2013 10:26 AM

So, I had my week 15th WI (has it only been that long?) and UMMM WHAT? I lost 6 LBS!!!!! Did NOT expect that!
I have my family Christmas dinner tonight, and HOPEFULLY there are some good OP dishes, since my aunt (whos house its located at) is/was doing IP (well actually her whole family to some degree).
Happy holidays to you all!

lisa32989 12-27-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 4905446)
So, I had my week 15th WI (has it only been that long?) and UMMM WHAT? I lost 6 LBS!!!!! Did NOT expect that!

Wow! Now you see what stress can do and when you get a break from it, how much it really does affect weight loss! Congrats on a big loss. It had to feel SO GOOD!

PurpleMomster 12-27-2013 01:26 PM

Hello all! Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas and wow on some of the losses!!!

Made it through Christmas fairly easily, I think I might have had more protein than I was allowed but the turkey was soooo good :)

It's my son's 12th birthday today so we're going out for supper tonight - I've already check the restaurant for what I can have so it'll be good. I'm having everyone back to my house after for cake and ice cream but at least I can control that and have an IP bar for my dessert.

Have to make up a shopping list - I start P3 next Wednesday. I've gotten some great breakfast ideas so far so kind of excited to start.

I'm going to start the post for the 25lb First Day of Spring Challenge so get ready to sign up :D

Jo

kpw30 12-27-2013 02:08 PM

Good afternoon! My husband and I have just found out that we are expecting our second child, and I want to move to the maintenance phase during my pregnancy, but I am a little confused by the sheet. Perhaps I should be posting this in the maintainer thread, but could anyone give me a little guidance? Thanks so much.