Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I finished wrapping all the gifts yesterday. Decorating is done too! Maybe this will help me get into the Christmas spirit. I have worked for a package delivery company for over 26 years, so Christmas is always something I endure. Lol. I try to put a smile on for my family, but this is such a busy time and people are very hard to deal with during this season. It sort of takes away from the true meaning of the holiday. This will be our 2nd Christmas without my dear MIL, so it is a little sad this year again. I know this will get easier each year.
Wow, you're really ahead of the game! I'm hoping to get the tree up this weekend, but it may or may not happen with all the rest of the busyness. This year I've decided to let a lot go and just do what I can. I hear you about all the external stressors and people making it hard to get into the spirit. My DH and I like to keep things as quiet and simple as possible to try to avoid some of that. This will be our 3rd Christmas without my mom, who was the one in my family who was really gung-ho about all the holiday stuff. I miss her dearly this time of year and try to keep at least some of the traditions going to honor her memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning all!

Thank goodness it is Friday. Work has been crazy.

I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow - it's been two weeks.

Crazy weather everywhere - hope you are all staying safe and warm.

IP POWER to all!
I'll have my first official WI tomorrow after 3 weeks as well. I was off plan for about 10 days when I was away and this has been my first full week back 100% OP. I'm sure I gained a little while away, although I'm hoping it was mostly water weight since I didn't go too wild, and that I'll at least be at (or slightly below if I'm super lucky!) the weight I was before I left for my trip. I didn't even get on the scale when I got back because I didn't want to freak myself out. Then hopefully it'll continue down from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
A lot of people have been discussing the temptation of the holiday treats, if it be at the office or baking. The “trick” I use to stay on plan is to grab my toothbrush and you guessed it, brush my teeth. Firstly everything tastes horrible after you brush your teeth. Secondly, it might just be me, but once I have clean teeth I have a problem rationalizing changing the clean breath, mouth.
What “tricks” do you use? Perhaps we can learn from each other.
I do the same! I also like to have a hot tea or coffee to fight off cravings.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I just love baking for Christmas! There are so many favorites my kids love. Man oh man, it is tempting to eat some of it. Funny thing for me is that the more I bake the less I am tempted to eat it. It's like the aromas make me feel full.

DD always goes to ugly sweater parties. It is fun to watch her design her sweater each year. I finished wrapping all the gifts yesterday. Decorating is done too! Maybe this will help me get into the Christmas spirit. I have worked for a package delivery company for over 26 years, so Christmas is always something I endure. Lol. I try to put a smile on for my family, but this is such a busy time and people are very hard to deal with during this season. It sort of takes away from the true meaning of the holiday. This will be our 2nd Christmas without my dear MIL, so it is a little sad this year again. I know this will get easier each year.

I haven't checked the temp yet, but forecast was calling for minus 40's windchills for today. It seems like most of the country is under a deep freeze. I hope everyone is safe, warm, and OP today.
I have never struggled while baking and OP either. I enjoy the challenge, actually.
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I'm very fond of my future MIL. Those are challenges I don't look forward to.
I can imagine your job is awful during this time of year. Stay strong! I have a friend who works for UPS and he has 13 hr days this time of year. At least this year you aren't lugging around an extra 56 lbs!
Windchill is -12 here today, you stay warm as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitSewSpin View Post
-8 here, not sure what the windchill is. Not going for my daily walk with my doggies today.

I have not even started my Christmas shopping yet. We are getting our tree tomorrow and we have a sitter tomorrow evening so DH and I can go Christmas shopping.

Had IP oatmeal this morning and I really liked it. Oatmeal is a morning staple in our house. It's such a good cold weather food.

Day 5 for me today. Super bad headache started yesterday and is continuing today. I have been drinking lots of water, using the salt. I drank some broth yesterday too. Think I might break down and take something for it today

We have so much busyness during Christmas with four kids, Christmas concerts, my oldest daughter is in Nordic skiing and I furiously made a charity quilt for their unfunded team's fundraiser. Shopping, decorating, all the running around. Maybe this wasn't such a great time to start IP, I don't have the energy to keep up.

Hoping for an energy and headache breakthrough soon!
Glad you're enjoying the oatmeal! It's great to have a good staple that feels like it's still your old favorite. I drink coffee with a protein drink in it every morning instead of my coffee with all sorts of cream and sugar, it tastes just as good to me! I also have done little to no Xmas shopping... only one more pay period to christmas, talk about scary! I agree 100% with what Ruth Ann said - if you wait till the right time, it'll never happen! I am missing my company christmas parties lovely treats on saturday and all next week (what is it with people and snacks when I'm on IP? Seems like the world is testing my will!) . I love this quote by Dave Ramsey: "Embrace the pain of change by adjusting your behavior before the pain of staying the same becomes to great." We are all here with you, suffering and winning at the same time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Lovelies!!

I am having a rough morning. Had to run to the Dr. before work for a prescription. Dealing with a SEVERE UTI. Usually I would have all natural cranberry juice before things got too bad but obviously that's not an option. Then I thought it went away but NOPE! This morning was HORRIBLE!!!! Ugh, I'm walking hunched over like a little old lady.

With all that said I must say, Ilovethisdiet, Ilovethisdiet (that's me singing, lol). I am having a week of NSVs!!!!!

I have a work shirt with short sleeves that button but couldn't thanks to me being too big. This week my arms are FINALLY slim enough for me to button the sleeves!!! Also, the size 16 jeans I bought back in late October are starting to fall off of me. Time for a belt which I haven't worn in ages because none fit because my waist was too large. Lastly, today one of my male co-workers totally acknowledged how different I look, he was really sweet about it, lol.

Hopefully all this good "juju" will reflect on the scale at my next WI.

Happy Friday and I'm really sorry for those of you who are in the midst of that US deep freeze *shiver*. Try to stay warm, and check on the elderly!!
I'm sorry to hear about your UTI, I too have suffered with one and it is NOT fun! Get well soon!!! Hey all those NSVs sound pretty nice though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
So yesterday I went off plan and ended up feeling extremely horrible. Due to unforeseen circumstances today will be my last day on Phase 1 and will have to go to Phase 4 until I can get back on to Phase 1. I don't want to lose all the progress I have made so I am hoping i will be fine without being able to go see my coach for a while.
Did your coach give you all sorts of paperwork about maintaining P4? Let me know if you need anything, mine gave me a bunch when I quit earlier this year (and I gained 15 lbs back because I didn't watch what I ate at ALL, so be careful!!). Good luck, hope to see you back soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
A lot of people have been discussing the temptation of the holiday treats, if it be at the office or baking. The “trick” I use to stay on plan is to grab my toothbrush and you guessed it, brush my teeth. Firstly everything tastes horrible after you brush your teeth. Secondly, it might just be me, but once I have clean teeth I have a problem rationalizing changing the clean breath, mouth.
What “tricks” do you use? Perhaps we can learn from each other.
That is so smart! If I'm at home, I will go to bed, take a shower, read a book. At work I just stay in my cubicle. Lots of people ask questions or tease but there are also two other people here who eat "paleo" style so at least I'm not the only oddball! Thanks for the tip!

My day is going well so far. The snow and ice has kept me from going to the store for more veggies, more out of laziness than anything. /i always just want to snuggle up at home when it's snowing.
Last night I just ate onions with my turkey patties which was really weird but that's all I had, lol! Tonight I will be going to the store. I'm thinking of baking up some rutabaga fries and having chicken with lunch.
I'm reading a YA book called Divergent, any of you (or your kids) reading it? Similar to Hunger Games, I can't put it down. I finished the first one last night, second one is ready to go after dinner tonight.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Height: 5'6"

Hot tea works for me, too. I have not tried chewing sugar free gum but that may help. Numerous pep talks to myself are a constant occurrence for me. I have a few charity events with a lot of food this weekend. Nervous but committed.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I will be baking again for other people LOL.. I have orders for cake balls, fudge, cinnamon rolls, hand made chocolates ect. Plus I make a gift plate for everyone on our street every year I know I will lick my fingers now and then but I wont eat anything I make (so far I have not KNOCK on wood!!)

I love winter it is baking season for me!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #20  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

I have been reflecting the last couple of days about what it means to face a difficult challenge, to persevere, to sacrifice, to stay hopeful despite setbacks, and to overcome. But far from thinking about this in the context of my IP journey, I've instead been thinking about the life of Nelson Mandela, his strength, his struggles and the selfless contribution he has made to our world. I salute you Mr. Mandela. A life well lived. Rest in peace.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 276/-/140

Height: 5'4

I find myself living through my boyfriend when it comes to my sweet tooth. lol I keep making him cupcakes and cakes.. and I don't even try them. I've found also that just smelling the stuff takes care of some cravings.

I think I've baked more in these last two weeks on IP than when I was eating terribly. >.>
Old 12-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #22  

Missed you guys yesterday, could not find thread. Really cold here today to but we don't have snow or ice so I can stand the cold. Passed up treats at work today, staying 100%, I feel so much better since I have lost 32# and just want to continue to loss. IP is so amazing.

AliExpt hope you feel better. Just keep drinking water. It will get better!!

Everyone do well not eating Christmas Goodies, just remember how you want to feel and look. Just the weight I have lost so far has made be fill so much better.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #23  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitSewSpin View Post
-8 here, not sure what the windchill is. Not going for my daily walk with my doggies today.

I have not even started my Christmas shopping yet. We are getting our tree tomorrow and we have a sitter tomorrow evening so DH and I can go Christmas shopping.

Had IP oatmeal this morning and I really liked it. Oatmeal is a morning staple in our house. It's such a good cold weather food.

Day 5 for me today. Super bad headache started yesterday and is continuing today. I have been drinking lots of water, using the salt. I drank some broth yesterday too. Think I might break down and take something for it today

We have so much busyness during Christmas with four kids, Christmas concerts, my oldest daughter is in Nordic skiing and I furiously made a charity quilt for their unfunded team's fundraiser. Shopping, decorating, all the running around. Maybe this wasn't such a great time to start IP, I don't have the energy to keep up.

Hoping for an energy and headache breakthrough soon!
I liked making the zucchini muffins with the oatmeal. Yum! The headaches and tiredness will get better. I remember thinking I would not feel good ever again! For several weeks after starting IP I had almost flu like symptoms. Others mentioned that it only lasted the first week for them, but mine were pretty bad. I think it could be that I ate everything I could get my hands on before starting IP, in anticipation of not being able to have goodies when I started.

I have adjusted so well to IP and eating well that now I get headaches and feel tired if I eat unhealthy food! Back to the headaches, I would put a little salt in the palm of my hand and lick it and then take a drink and then lick, and then drink, until it was gone. I could never stand adding it to my water, as some others had suggested. In about 20 minutes my headache would be gone. My coach at the time mentioned taking an extra potassium and said women may need more of that. I tried it for a week and it did seem to work. Hang in there, it does get better.

Slownsteady, it is definitely important to put things in perspective, not related to a diet. Many of us have faced remarkable challenges in our lives and we persevere. I have always felt a person can do well in spite of their challenges, or they can use them as an excuse to fail. It is called personal accountability and it also applies to IP. It becomes a habit to blame others, circumstances, emotions, etc...for the reason we fail at IP. It can be hard to change that habit, but the end result is a happier, healthier life. I am glad you are back and look forward to watching you reach your goal. You will continue to find support here.

Coloradogirl: as usual you are a ray of sunshine. You always have such uplifting words and a tremendous attitude. I love that you don't look back and continue to march onward! I am excited to see you back here.

Willsea, I also like to have hot tea when I am getting hungry. My favorite thing is a hard boiled egg with sea salt, and a dill pickle! It really hits the spot. I would always reduce my dinner protein slightly when I had an egg. Although if I was quite active I would not.

Oohlexi, ha ha. I do the same thing. I bake goodies and give them to my friends or family and enjoy their enjoyment! I also love to breath in the aroma. When I had a coach I mentioned the smell of the bakery when I would grocery shop and she told me to just stop and breath in the aroma and then move on. It really did work for me!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdlturtle View Post
Missed you guys yesterday, could not find thread. Really cold here today to but we don't have snow or ice so I can stand the cold. Passed up treats at work today, staying 100%, I feel so much better since I have lost 32# and just want to continue to loss. IP is so amazing.

AliExpt hope you feel better. Just keep drinking water. It will get better!!

Everyone do well not eating Christmas Goodies, just remember how you want to feel and look. Just the weight I have lost so far has made be fill so much better.
Where in Iowa are you? I was born and raised there. my whole family still lives there. I am the only sheep that left the flock to MN
Old 12-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #25  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Slownsteady, I am glad you are back and look forward to watching you reach your goal. You will continue to find support here.
Thanks daks! Just reading "look forward to watching you reach your goal" makes me feel like "Wow! I'm going to do this!"

When I first started out on IP, I liked the broccoli/cheese soup. I think I overdid it though, because after awhile I couldn't stomach it any longer! I am a little low on IP product options right now, so today I pulled out a leftover envelope of the broccoli/cheese soup and....Yum! Was a nice change (I usually don't have something 'warm' for lunch, but go for a salad and IP drink). I think as long as I make it an 'occasional' go-to, it will become a favorite again and a great lunch option!

PS - I also find that I want to cook and bake more for others now, even when I can't eat what I'm making! But I draw the line at my favorite Christmas "Snowball" cookies (Mexican Tea Balls). Just don't think I'll be able to make those this year!

Last edited by slownsteady; 12-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Friday everyone, it has been a challenging week with not only the bronchitis but now pneumonia. I have eaten most of my food, it is hard to eat the vegies when sick.

My coach is concerned that I'm losing too much lean muscle mass, a total off 12lbs by her machine. I work out regularly 5 to 6 times a week and usually add the extra pack of protein, but i admit not consistently.Curious as to your thoughts? I'm assuming more muscle mass will come on as I get closure to my goal. I do weights, yoga, spin half an hour twice a week, and work out with personal trainer - mostly weights, strengthening, abs once a week.

Sorry for the lengthy me post
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #27  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Day 1 of Phase 3. Yes, I had the big breakfast. It was disconcerting after 6 months of knowing exactly what was going on. Still, the cheese was good.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #28  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

I had to post this, because i was really happy to realize this point.... i have officially dropped 9 points on the BMI scale! I know that the BMI scale isnt fully accurate, and it only measures one thing, but to know that I have accomplished enough to bring my score down my almost 10 points makes me very happy!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #29  

Weird how things change. I used to plan how to get in all the veggies.
Tomorrow we're going on a road trip to a college football championship game & I just automatically bring some celery b/c I know it's gonna be COLD and that will probably be the only veggie at the tailgate. Now I feel like I can't live without veggies.

IP changes your relationship with veggies.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #30  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I had to post this, because i was really happy to realize this point.... i have officially dropped 9 points on the BMI scale! I know that the BMI scale isnt fully accurate, and it only measures one thing, but to know that I have accomplished enough to bring my score down my almost 10 points makes me very happy!
That's incredible!!! Congrats!

Sooo, just want to pop in and say I DID IT. I reached my mini goal of 20 lbs down today. Also down a total of 20.75 inches. I am so happy and very grateful to have such a good coach and support from all of you in this forum. Have a great weekend everyone and good luck staying away from all that yummy looking Christmas fare. Appreciate how it looks and smells but don't put it in your mouth!
Closed Thread