Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #91  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Since I'm not on P1 right now I have the opportunity for more choices in my food, if I so choose.

So today, a co-worker had brought in a baked treat (one I LOVE). She heard me saying I was not strict dieting, but rather maintaining so she offered me some of her treat. The world sort've stopped for a moment while I decided what to do.

The treat was full of sugar and gluten. Altho I won't be 100% sugar-free, I'm choosing to remain mostly gluten-free because I just feel better this way (mostly sugar-free b/c I feel better this way, too).

I decided if I am to maintain, I just can't let certain things back in on a regular basis. Maybe for an extra-special treat, but not just on a "random" day. Yup. I wanted it. But I want to keep this weight off more!

So, that was today.
Good for you Lisa. It hurts at the time but so worth it in the end. That chocolate that was taunting me yesterday was still there today - but it didn't bother me as much. Yay!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #92  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I agree with the numerous threads it seems like every time someone has a question they start a new thread. I disagree with the idea that the "start date" thread are creating a community on their own. For me it was a place to talk with folks in a similar place in the diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Well said nolosmurf! I think its nice to have a thread where people are at the same place in there weight loss journey. I know all the people on the maintainers thread seem to know each other well and relate to what the others in the group are going through.... but we don't need a new thread for every question or individual accomplishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I know to come here for information and a more experienced view. I also know that different threads meet different needs. Maintainers, 100%, 90%, Book club for Maintainers, Guys on IP etc. I say, go for it. Not sure why there has to be so many rules. I think it is all about getting help. Most of all, I think we all need to be kind to each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I love this. Was thinking the same thing about the rules...it's important for everyone to feel welcome, and I do see benefits to having threads where people can build comrodery (sp?) with others that started about the same time. Kind of like how maintainers have a place to get together as well....Everyone is looking for something different to suit their needs, and they should be able to feel comfortable doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Totally agree that there should be as many threads as the IP'ers want and need. Don't get why we need to be posting all on one thread or why so many rules other than basic etiquette should be required. This forum seems like it can be a great support, but people need to be kind and respectful to one another. Also when dispensing advice, please be respectful....Please don't assume your coach, clinic, doctor, or your way of handling the plan is the best and/or only way to so it.
Hello Everyone! You all said it very well and I echo the sentiment, especially the statement "Most of all, I think we all need to be kind to each other".

Being away for awhile (have been dealing with a family emergency) I was surprised to see the Daily chat has changed to a "multiple day" chat. I noticed the daily chat was kind of dying down before I left. Even the senior members were spending more time on the "100%" and "Maintainers" and different "Phase" threads, than on the Daily chat. So I was disappointed to see the petty calling out of the different "start date" threads as somehow being the 'beginning of the end' of 'life as we knew it' on the IP forum. Speaking for myself, I always encouraged those on the August thread, from the very beginning, to be sure to visit the other threads as well, and to seek out and learn from the senior members' experience. And the August members have become very active in other threads - more so than on the August thread itself! So please, no more judgments on the legitimacy of one thread over another. It's gotten a little "preachy" around here. Hope things lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I have been away for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to say...reached onederland yesterday morning! Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well I did it! 45.2 total lbs lost I feel overjoyed. I am in awe that I have lost this much weight.
AWESOME you guys! Congratulations!

Sonolady and Daks - you guys are my inspiration! What beautiful ladies you are - inside and out!

I'm glad to be back. While away I've succumbed to the pressures of dealing with serious family health issues and gotten off track, but I am back with a vengeance now and am SO looking forward to resuming my journey on IP with all of you!

Last edited by slownsteady; 12-05-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #93  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Hello Everyone! You all said it very well and I echo the sentiment, especially the statement "Most of all, I think we all need to be kind to each other".

Being away for awhile (have been dealing with a family emergency) I was surprised to see the Daily chat has changed to a "multiple day" chat. I noticed the daily chat was kind of dying down before I left. Even the senior members were spending more time on the "100%" and "Maintainers" and different "Phase" threads, than on the Daily chat. So I was disappointed to see the petty calling out of the different "start date" threads as somehow being the 'beginning of the end' of 'life as we knew it' on the IP forum. Speaking for myself, I always encouraged those on the August thread, from the very beginning, to be sure to visit the other threads as well, and to seek out and learn from the senior members' experience. And the August members have become very active in other threads - more so than on the August thread itself! So please, no more judgments on the legitimacy of one thread over another. It's gotten a little "preachy" around here. Hope things lighten up.

AWESOME you guys! Congratulations!

Sonolady and Daks - you guys are my inspiration! What beautiful ladies you are - inside and out!

I'm glad to be back. While away I've succumbed to the pressures of dealing with serious family health issues and gotten off track, but I am back with a vengeance now and am SO looking forward to resuming my journey on IP with all of you!
You're a doll. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #94  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! i could use some prayers, thoughts, etc.... It's finals week, and I'm fine staying OP (Well, IF I have time to remember to eat at all), its the stress and the lack of sleep that is getting to me!
I'll be back on the thread after Wednesday (When I get to go home for 3 weeks!)
Until then, good luck! I miss being on here everyday! Good job to the big loses, and NSV's!
Until Wednesday, Have a great weekend!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

slownsteady Thanks, this site has been a big help as well lots of people here. IP is the only thing that has worked for me, albeit I didn't have as much to lose as others. I am in awe of the strength of so many here.
Take one day at a time, we are all stronger than we know.

Deana Good luck to you, I know that stress well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! You can do it!!!!!!!

Last edited by sonolady; 12-06-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

TGIF!!!!!!! Its such a hectic time of year, so much to do, so many people to visit. So many parties and temptations. Take a breath, close your eyes, deep breath for a count of 10.......and then move on. Sending out IP POWER

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" definitely my new mantra!!
Closed Thread