Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #16  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good Morning IPers, it around 42 degrees here in New Orleans and sunny! Brrrr chilly for us lizards I'm feeling a bit better. No voice whichaccording to my co workers is a good thing lol no really they are just teasing. Got house guests arriving tonight so it's a laundry and dusting day for me.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #17  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I was beginning to think this was not for me I felt like I was burning out on veggies and wanted to think about what I was doing. I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in many, many years I hit 229.... I am finally out of the 230's. I started my journey in September just going to the gym and trying to eat better I started at 250 and got to 244. Then I went to a IP coach and started this journey ON November 13 and I lost 9 pounds the first week. Then this last week the scale is not moving but I have decided to take LISA's advice and leave the scale alone for a couple days and today the scale moved I've made it to 229 now my goal is to stick with the plan and see what the 220's feel like.
Happy Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I pledge to stay OP....
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #18  
Started IP 10/30/13

S/C/G: 273/248/150

Height: 5'1"

WI 4 was yesterday. Down a total of 16.4 pounds and 11 something inches! Very happy! But tonight begins the pie baking for Thanksgiving...and tomorrow is the big day at MY house with more food than is necessary! I do already have my "food plan" but I'm starting to get down and feel sorry for myself today that I am not going to be able to eat any of the good stuff tomorrow. I know, it's just ONE day and I can get through it! Hoping by next Thanksgiving I have met goal and am in Phase 4 and that day will be my free/cheat day, for sure!! I just have to look at it that way!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzroxy814 View Post
WI 4 was yesterday. Down a total of 16.4 pounds and 11 something inches! Very happy! But tonight begins the pie baking for Thanksgiving...and tomorrow is the big day at MY house with more food than is necessary! I do already have my "food plan" but I'm starting to get down and feel sorry for myself today that I am not going to be able to eat any of the good stuff tomorrow. I know, it's just ONE day and I can get through it! Hoping by next Thanksgiving I have met goal and am in Phase 4 and that day will be my free/cheat day, for sure!! I just have to look at it that way!
Keep some gum in your mouth, that way you cant just slip anything inside. Some coaches allow one stick a day.......sometimes i have two if it saves me from grabbing the boyfriends bag of.........
Old 11-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #20  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Not WI day for another 5 days for me. I've been suck for more than a week. Decided to WI this morning and lost a pound. Although a pound isn't so exciting I am now in the 170's. I am thrilled.
Congrats on the 170's! It is a great feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
morning yall!! Been a while since I updated- I'm finishing up Phase 3 (although, I kinda pretty much went from phase 2 to phase 4-shame shame!!) but I have done really well with maintaining which is something totally new to me! I'm so excited to have made it this far & feel comfortable buying a bunch of clothes in the size i'm in because I know i'll be able to wear them FOREVER!! lol I start with a personal trainer on Monday- i'm 50% excited, 50% scared! It's going to be hard but SOO worth it!! Can't wait to be in the best shape of my LIFE!!
Happy thanksgiving to all!! <3
Wow, enjoy those new clothes! Congrats! Shopping is definitely more fun when you enjoy how you look in the clothes, that is for sure. Best of luck with your trainer. I am sure you will rock it!

Quote:
Congrats on your losses so far! You definitely CAN do it tomorrow. There are tons of program-friendly things you can make. Enjoy the time with your loved ones and all the compliments on the new you! It is just one day!

Thanks all for the support. I could not have made it this far without the support and the ideas you have all shared. Happy Thanksgiving!

~Renee
Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #21  

Hello Everyone,
I found this site last weekend! I started IP diet on April 3rd, 2013. I reached my goal the end of October. Lost a total of 60 pounds!! As of yesterday, I ended my weigh in's. I would like to stop buying the snacks, drink mix, etc. I go back to phase I after my FUN DAY!! I feel secure with their products, but it so costly.
I'm out here looking for alternatives that still taste good. I would like to find a good chocolate powder mix so I can still make my icecream...love it!! Hope to get good advice....
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #22  

Finale: I'm so glad you hung with it until you could start seeing benefits. Now, STAY OFF THAT SCALE and trust the plan. It works!

For anyone "bumming" about Thanksgiving (or, frankly any holiday):
I got this email from Beck Diet Solution yesterday. I thought I'd share with everyone. We really DO have to change the way we think if we want to keep the weight off long-term. It isn't just about the diet now...
Anyway, here you go:

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it's high time dieters begin to think about how they'll handle their eating on that day. While Thanksgiving is considered by many to be a day in which it's just too difficult to control their eating, it doesn't have to be that way. When we help dieters formulate their Thanksgiving plan, we always ask them to think about one important thing: How do you want to feel going to bed once Thanksgiving is over?

Asking dieters this question reminds them that the experience of Thanksgiving is not limited to the time when they're eating with family and friends. The experience also extends to how they feel afterwards. Dieters often have sabotaging thoughts such as, "If I have to limit how much I eat, I just won't be able to enjoy myself." If they then overeat, they may wind up feeling sick - physically and psychologically: physically, because they consumed way too much food and psychologically, because they feel out of control and guilty for overeating.

When we ask dieters how they want to feel once Thanksgiving is over, they usually say something along the lines of, "I want to feel full and satisfied and I also want to feel good about myself." We then ask, " Will getting off track and overeating on Thanksgiving lead you to feeling that way?" Because the answer is no, we suggest coming up with a plan that will make them feel good. It makes sense to dieters that they simply can't have it both ways: They can't way overeat during Thanksgiving and still wind up feeling proud and in control - these are incompatible goals.

We remind dieters, that it's not all-or-nothing. It's not as if they can eat every bite of food that they want or they can't eat any food that they want; in fact, there is a huge middle ground between these two extremes. While it's true that they may not be able to eat as much of everything they want and still go to bed feeling good that night, it's also true that they can eat reasonable portions, enjoy every bite that they take, and feel really good.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good morning, and happy eve!

It is rainy and cold here today, yucky, yucky. But, hey, a day off is a day off! I will be going with hubby to his WI and then shopping and cleaning up.

Big victory this morning- I decided to weigh myself mid-week since we are starting P2 today, and I hit my goal weight! That is some BIG motivation to stay OP tomorrow.

Have a great day, IP'ers!

~Renee
Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Even more for you to be thankful for.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Finale: I'm so glad you hung with it until you could start seeing benefits. Now, STAY OFF THAT SCALE and trust the plan. It works!

For anyone "bumming" about Thanksgiving (or, frankly any holiday):
I got this email from Beck Diet Solution yesterday. I thought I'd share with everyone. We really DO have to change the way we think if we want to keep the weight off long-term. It isn't just about the diet now...
Anyway, here you go:

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it's high time dieters begin to think about how they'll handle their eating on that day. While Thanksgiving is considered by many to be a day in which it's just too difficult to control their eating, it doesn't have to be that way. When we help dieters formulate their Thanksgiving plan, we always ask them to think about one important thing: How do you want to feel going to bed once Thanksgiving is over?

Asking dieters this question reminds them that the experience of Thanksgiving is not limited to the time when they're eating with family and friends. The experience also extends to how they feel afterwards. Dieters often have sabotaging thoughts such as, "If I have to limit how much I eat, I just won't be able to enjoy myself." If they then overeat, they may wind up feeling sick - physically and psychologically: physically, because they consumed way too much food and psychologically, because they feel out of control and guilty for overeating.

When we ask dieters how they want to feel once Thanksgiving is over, they usually say something along the lines of, "I want to feel full and satisfied and I also want to feel good about myself." We then ask, " Will getting off track and overeating on Thanksgiving lead you to feeling that way?" Because the answer is no, we suggest coming up with a plan that will make them feel good. It makes sense to dieters that they simply can't have it both ways: They can't way overeat during Thanksgiving and still wind up feeling proud and in control - these are incompatible goals.

We remind dieters, that it's not all-or-nothing. It's not as if they can eat every bite of food that they want or they can't eat any food that they want; in fact, there is a huge middle ground between these two extremes. While it's true that they may not be able to eat as much of everything they want and still go to bed feeling good that night, it's also true that they can eat reasonable portions, enjoy every bite that they take, and feel really good.
Great advise. Thanks for posting this.

Is anyone going to use the recipes that IP has put on its website from the Chef. It includes a Celery root salad flavored with basil, Two way turkey breast with veggies, and apple crumble with mango and ginger ice cream. I'm going to try but I'll be making half of what the Chef made.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good morning, and happy eve!

Big victory this morning- I decided to weigh myself mid-week since we are starting P2 today, and I hit my goal weight! That is some BIG motivation to stay OP tomorrow.

Have a great day, IP'ers!

~Renee
Congrats! Your process and progress on IP have been very inspiring and I hope you will continue to share as you move into maintenance!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Something interesting I'm noticing - now being about halfway to my goal, lots of people are noticing the changes. I'm down 2 pants sizes and one shirt size, so rationally I know I'm shrinking...but I'm not seeing it, if that makes any sense.

Last week I was a presenter at a conference for work and got photographed a few times during the workshop. Normally I avoid photos of myself at all costs because I don't like seeing myself. When I looked at these, I am still seeing a really large person. Now granted, I still have a lot of weight to lose and am still in the "overweight" category for my height, but even so I feel like I'm not seeing myself and my progress accurately.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to reconcile the smaller you with the one you were used to seeing for so long? I feel like my body image is completely messed up from being overweight for so long, which doesn't seem like a good thing. I want to be able to look at myself in a healthier way along with actually having a healthier body!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #27  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Just keep thinking of where you want to be. I ate veggies and turkey on Thanksgiving and didn't touch the pie/cake etc... you can do it too! Congrats on your losses and that's really awesome!

Congrats Reenhag!!! So excited for you!
Congrats Nolasmurf and glad you are starting to feel better!

It is also very snowy here and it feels like Christmas! Wow what a day!
Went to the gym today to do cardio and got a lot of compliments from coach and people that work at the gym. It always feels good to hear that.
Started my TOM yesterday and felt so sick, but better today. Looking forward to weighing in this Saturday. Have a great day all!

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow! <- love that smiley.

Last edited by Jojo381972; 11-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #28  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Something interesting I'm noticing - now being about halfway to my goal, lots of people are noticing the changes. I'm down 2 pants sizes and one shirt size, so rationally I know I'm shrinking...but I'm not seeing it, if that makes any sense.

Last week I was a presenter at a conference for work and got photographed a few times during the workshop. Normally I avoid photos of myself at all costs because I don't like seeing myself. When I looked at these, I am still seeing a really large person. Now granted, I still have a lot of weight to lose and am still in the "overweight" category for my height, but even so I feel like I'm not seeing myself and my progress accurately.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to reconcile the smaller you with the one you were used to seeing for so long? I feel like my body image is completely messed up from being overweight for so long, which doesn't seem like a good thing. I want to be able to look at myself in a healthier way along with actually having a healthier body!
I've heard of this happening to a lot of people. I was reading an article about this very thing called 'phantom fat' the other day online. Here is the article if interested.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31489881/#.UpZN6cSsiSo

I think it may come with time seeing yourself for the new, beautiful and healthy woman that you are.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #29  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
morning yall!! Been a while since I updated- I'm finishing up Phase 3 (although, I kinda pretty much went from phase 2 to phase 4-shame shame!!) but I have done really well with maintaining which is something totally new to me! I'm so excited to have made it this far & feel comfortable buying a bunch of clothes in the size i'm in because I know i'll be able to wear them FOREVER!! lol I start with a personal trainer on Monday- i'm 50% excited, 50% scared! It's going to be hard but SOO worth it!! Can't wait to be in the best shape of my LIFE!!
Happy thanksgiving to all!! <3
YOUR PICS ARE MY MOTIVATION FOR THE WEEK!
Good luck with the personal trainer.
With your weight loss, how did your body react? loss skin? That's my biggest worry. I would like to lose the same amount as you. Just curious.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 212.6/ticker!/119

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post

What I am feeling is similar. I was photographed with friends at a sporting event and it was posted on a social media site before I had a chance to check it out. My phone's battery was dead so I wasn't able to check it out. I was shocked when I finally saw it. I realize how much my preception of myself is skewd. I still feel my biggest despite seeing a recent photo without any posing or angling or sucking in the tummy. All the good things people say and the clothes not fitting any longer are wonderful, but it is going to be a long time before I start to feel confortable. Good luck to you and keep up the good work
Closed Thread