Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Zoerba: If you can just stick with the food for a little while you'll find your tastes will change. Most of us are so used to eating carb-laden food that is full of salt, sugars, etc., etc. that it really takes a while for our palates to adapt. But they do. Some things I hated when I started I now enjoy. And experiment with some spices and different ways of cooking things, it can make all the difference in the world. Check out the recipe threads, lots of really good, delicious meals there.

Especially when you first start out, some days you just have to white knuckle it and push through. Drink decaf herbal tea when you're tempted to eat off-plan. Drink more water, eat more lettuce. Do it one day, one minute at a time if you have to. The rewards for staying OP are huge.

When cravings hit, come here and read success stories - it will help remind you of why you are doing this to begin with.
Ruth Ann...such well written advice given with kindness and the experience to back up your encouragement. It is soooo true. This is the hardest part, but once you get a few days under your belt it makes you stronger. It becomes your investment and then a level of preservation of what you went through kicks in!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
How do you make the broccoli cheese soup into a flatbread? That sounds yummy
Sashadee it is yummy i love it!!! I found this recipe online somewhere either this site or another I can't take credit for it but it has been my staple from the beginning I use it to make tomato basil soup bread with garlic that I use for pizza crust. Here is the recipe it's actually for bread sticks but read the bottom part!! And he's right it doesn't roll out you have to use your fingers and spread it on the pan to the thickness you prefer. Like finger painting lol. Enjoy!!

Faux-caccia" Bread

IDEAL PROTEIN FAUX CACCIA BREAD STICKS. SO EASY!!

Blend 1 package Ideal Protein Tomato Basil soup, 1 t olive oil, 2 egg whites, 1/4 t baking powder, Italian
seasoning, oregano, basil.

Roll out onto a pan flat and season with sea salt and garlic salt.

Cook for 10 minutes on each side at 350.

-----------------------------------------------
His notes:

It tastes just like tomato focaccia. Makes a great open faced sandwich. Very tasty and a nice bread
substitute. It could be done with many of the Ideal Protein soup mixes. Enjoy!

Also, I’ve never been able to get this dough to “roll out”. I usually just add slightly more egg whites to make a thick batter*
that I spread on a non-stick skillet and place in the oven. If you spread it thin, it will bake to a cracker like consistency.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Sashadee it is yummy i love it!!! I found this recipe online somewhere either this site or another I can't take credit for it but it has been my staple from the beginning I use it to make tomato basil soup bread with garlic that I use for pizza crust. Here is the recipe it's actually for bread sticks but read the bottom part!! And he's right it doesn't roll out you have to use your fingers and spread it on the pan to the thickness you prefer. Like finger painting lol. Enjoy!!

Faux-caccia" Bread

IDEAL PROTEIN FAUX CACCIA BREAD STICKS. SO EASY!!

Blend 1 package Ideal Protein Tomato Basil soup, 1 t olive oil, 2 egg whites, 1/4 t baking powder, Italian
seasoning, oregano, basil.

Roll out onto a pan flat and season with sea salt and garlic salt.

Cook for 10 minutes on each side at 350.

-----------------------------------------------
His notes:

It tastes just like tomato focaccia. Makes a great open faced sandwich. Very tasty and a nice bread
substitute. It could be done with many of the Ideal Protein soup mixes. Enjoy!

Also, I’ve never been able to get this dough to “roll out”. I usually just add slightly more egg whites to make a thick batter*
that I spread on a non-stick skillet and place in the oven. If you spread it thin, it will bake to a cracker like consistency.

Thanks! I'm going to try this tonight!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post
B: Protidiet pancake and wf syrup
L: greenbeans w/ bacon bits and a bar
D: steak and mushrooms

I didn't have a very good day. I tried to stay on for the most part but also let myself cave in to temptation. I had a few things I shouldn't have that I won't mention because I don't want to trigger any cravings for anyone. I lost 9 pounds this first week and am so incredibly happy with that. I think I've just been unsatisfied with the food and craving some flavor. Still though, I know that I've now screwed myself for the next several days. Hopefully I can get right back on track and still have a loss next week.

Zoerba, I know how you feel! I started IP the day after Christmas but I went off plan New Year's Eve and on my birthday (jan 8th). I'm not beating myself up about it though because negativity is a motivation killer. Even if you eat a few things one day that are not IP, you're still on track and eating better than you were before and that is a victory. You've just got to take it in stride and keep going. This is a lifestyle change for me, not just a diet so if I slip up I just get right back on plan and focus on the day ahead and not the past. Because as long as you keep going and stick with it you're going to get to your goal!

Last edited by Sashadee; 01-12-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Thanks! I'm going to try this tonight!
Let me know what ya think, I've been so surprised I do not see it on these lists of what everyone is eating, it's the closest thing to bread I've found
Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #171  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

P1:

B: Cappuccino and coffee
L: Orange wafers & 2 cups cucumbers & zucchini
D: 6 oz chicken baked in foil with 1 cup bell pepper & mushrooms & WF BBQ sauce w/1 cup riced cauliflower
S: Raspberry jelly
Old 01-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #172  
maintaining since 9/2013

Cytosport whey protein vanilla shake & coffee; egg

Chicken breast filet marinated in WF Italian dressing & garlic
Rutabaga fries
Romaine salad/scallions, arugula, red cabbage, WF balsamic dressing

Chicken Soup/Broccolli

IP BBQ Soynuts

I can't remember who posted the rutubaga fries recipe but they are delicious & look exactly like regular carby fries & taste as good too. Thank-you whoever you are!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 175/152.6/113

Height: 5'

B IP Vanilla Pudding w/2x water for shake, black coffee
L IP Leek soup w/chopped, steamed cauliflower
S IP Chocolate raspberry bar, black decaf
D Sautéed scallops w/chives, steamed fresh asparagus, salad w/WF dressing
and...
water, water everywhere!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #174  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

P1 Reboot, Day 12 - Vegetarian, IP and Alternative mixture

B: IsoPure Zero Cookies and Cream with coffee
L: HealthSmart vegetable chili over romaine salad with EVOO, ACV, cucumbers
S: ProtiDiet Chocolate Pudding made into a huge drink with cold coffee
D: Seitan sauteed with yellow squash and broccoli over romaine salad with EVOO, ACV
Gym: Nada! My day to rest from my weekly huge snowboarding day and my second day of the week to stay up late (Love you, SOA!) and sleep in...
Old 01-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #175  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

B- coffee w/ chocolate RTD
L- boiled egg, 2c pickles/green pepper, garlic chips
D Big Mac in a bowl, rutabaga fries (first time for both of these)
S - chai tea with butterscotch pudding (as a hot drink)
Old 01-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
B- coffee w/ chocolate RTD
L- boiled egg, 2c pickles/green pepper, garlic chips
D Big Mac in a bowl, rutabaga fries (first time for both of these)
S - chai tea with butterscotch pudding (as a hot drink)
I just got to thinking - this might be the first time I have used the oven since starting IP. Use the stove top every day, but not the oven.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #177  

Height: 6'

I made rutabaga fries today. I used just a dab of the reduced sugar ketchup. I forgot how much I missed these. I need to try to keep switching things up on this reboot so I don't get bored. Today has been a good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo[39].JPG (45.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by tallgirl231; 01-12-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
I made these today. I used just a dab of the reduced sugar ketchup. I forgot how much I missed these.
I have some WF ketchup to use
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

ColoradoCarol: How did the rutabaga fries turn out?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #180  
Started IP 01/06/2014

Height: 5'7''

I bought some rutabaga to make fries today! Those look really amazing, tallgirl231.

Just curious though, how similar in taste is rutabaga to turnips? The bitterness of cooked turnips makes me nauseous to the point that I get sick, so I'm hoping they don't taste exactly the same.
Closed Thread