Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Thanks for the support

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)
Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #167  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me!
Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #168  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.
Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.
Some people get more hair loss than others no matter what they do. The biotin may or may not be helping you. And some folks don't experience any hair loss until after approximately month 5. It really does vary.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Well, if it helps your decision at all, the hair loss won't stop right away anyways. My doc says three months from whatever trauma (dietary) triggered it and 3 months approx from phasing off. SO whether you stay on or not for the next three months at least it will keep falling out. For me, I was within 9 pounds of my phase off weight and actually my original goal was 140 so I was ok with phasing off but really ready to stop losing handfuls every day!!!
For those who asked, yes I am taking biotin as well as all my vitamins, b12 and fish oil! Has not helped at all. Coach said it affects roughly 11% of women on IP. Lucky me!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
I started taking Biotin as soon as the hair loss started (around month 3) and haven't noticed a difference. I was told it can take as long as 6-8 weeks to start having an effect, so if it's going to work it should start soon! At the very least maybe it will help my new hair grow in nice and strong.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #172  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery
Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #173  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

(Remind me of this when I am having another really bad, down day, please.)
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi
here's a calculator
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

Me too...down month...probably the remnants of the virus hanging on.
I went to the gym for my toning workout and a stretching class. Practically jumped out of my skin during stretching class but I did it. And I'm doing it again in the morning. Geez....it is soooo much easier to stay in bed but so much better for me to get my arse up & move!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-23-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #175  

Quote:

Sorry you're having a down month. I'm so proud of you for allowing yourself a little time to zone out (nothing wrong with the occasional zone out) and then turning it around by doing something healthy instead of going for comfort food or something. It's really wonderful! Glad to see you coming to the boards for support too. :-)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #176  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

I hope you all have a great evening!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #178  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:

Huge congrats!!!
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

Pretty exciting? Very exciting! I know that is a BIG hurdle that I look forward to taking, so know that we are all proud of the hardwork and dedication that it takes for that.

I do not know how to make the carrots dance, but think of fireworks going off for you.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #180  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:

I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote