S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Wow, everyone is doing awesome.. great to see
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #77  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey team August! good to see some smiling faces back again!

Kellimomo, hope you had a blast on your trip! My group of friends is looking to go to one of those all inclusive places for our next years trip.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #78  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Augusters!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and trucking along!

I just hit the 4 month mark since started IP - just a couple of pounds short of the 40 lb mark! Maybe by next week's weigh-in...

When I started, I was hoping to be done with phase 1 in about 6 months, but at the rate of loss I've been having it will probably by more like 8 months or so. Surprisingly, I think I'm ok with that - with not meeting the timeline I originally planned on. It's been hard trusting the process and realizing that I can't control how fast I lose weight or when I reach my goal. I confess sometimes I get discouraged when I see others losing faster, even when they admit on the boards that they've cheated or don't follow the plan 100%. In my head I'm screaming, "Not fair! I've been 100% OP!" Then I get over myself and take a moment to be grateful for the progress of the last few months and the fact that the scale keeps going down a little more each week! I've been able to handle the last 4 months, so what's another 4 to get to my goal? I can do it!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Hi Augusters!

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there and trucking along!

I just hit the 4 month mark since started IP - just a couple of pounds short of the 40 lb mark! Maybe by next week's weigh-in...

When I started, I was hoping to be done with phase 1 in about 6 months, but at the rate of loss I've been having it will probably by more like 8 months or so. Surprisingly, I think I'm ok with that - with not meeting the timeline I originally planned on. It's been hard trusting the process and realizing that I can't control how fast I lose weight or when I reach my goal. I confess sometimes I get discouraged when I see others losing faster, even when they admit on the boards that they've cheated or don't follow the plan 100%. In my head I'm screaming, "Not fair! I've been 100% OP!" Then I get over myself and take a moment to be grateful for the progress of the last few months and the fact that the scale keeps going down a little more each week! I've been able to handle the last 4 months, so what's another 4 to get to my goal? I can do it!

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.
lighthouse - Hang in there! I know it can be hard to read and see the different losses and approaches. For me, when I am 100% OP and I hit slow spots, it is very hard to see people doing all sorts of variations and making more progress.

Know that you are doing what is right for you and this is something you have to deal with all your life. I am in this for the long haul, too, and however many months it takes me is OK if I stay the course.

Let's me Augusters who keep going and going.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
lighthouse - Hang in there! I know it can be hard to read and see the different losses and approaches. For me, when I am 100% OP and I hit slow spots, it is very hard to see people doing all sorts of variations and making more progress.

Know that you are doing what is right for you and this is something you have to deal with all your life. I am in this for the long haul, too, and however many months it takes me is OK if I stay the course.

Let's me Augusters who keep going and going.
Thanks, schenectady, I'm in it for the long haul, but I still hope the second half doesn't take twice as long as the first!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Thanks, schenectady, I'm in it for the long haul, but I still hope the second half doesn't take twice as long as the first!
I have yet to hit half, getting there. I do know that for me the intense motivation is a bit harder to scare up in the later months but this is a period that is more real and like what I will face when I reach goal.

This is a period where I may struggle but I am using this time to examine some of my mental processes to figure out how I got here in the first place.

We did our cookie exchange last night and I did well. Our daughter and her husband came and they were the ones who motivated me to do IP. He has lost nearly 90 pounds and she is over 70. She was so excited to come in a pair or size 7 jeans and said she was actually able to get into the size 5! She was radiant and glowing and healthy - one cannot want better than that.

They have been a great support system for each other and for that I am envious. I am subject to sabotage and total apathy and so I am sort of swimming upstream in my household.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #82  

Quote:
I have yet to hit half, getting there. I do know that for me the intense motivation is a bit harder to scare up in the later months but this is a period that is more real and like what I will face when I reach goal.

This is a period where I may struggle but I am using this time to examine some of my mental processes to figure out how I got here in the first place.

We did our cookie exchange last night and I did well. Our daughter and her husband came and they were the ones who motivated me to do IP. He has lost nearly 90 pounds and she is over 70. She was so excited to come in a pair or size 7 jeans and said she was actually able to get into the size 5! She was radiant and glowing and healthy - one cannot want better than that.

They have been a great support system for each other and for that I am envious. I am subject to sabotage and total apathy and so I am sort of swimming upstream in my household.
Glad to hear that you did well at your cookie exchange but sorry to hear about the lack of support and even sabotage at home. Good for you that you keep coming back here for a safe and helpful source of support as you continue on towards goal. Keep your focus on the support that is positive as best you can and you will continue to do well!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #83  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all, had my weigh in on Sat - down a total of 39lbs since 9/15. We had our company holiday party Sat night, so got to wear a fitted cocktail dress and everyone was very complimentary! I've had the dress for 13 years, wore it once so was very excited to get back into it and to not have to spend $$ for a fancy cocktail dress!! My coach has suggested that I change my target since she says my total body fat % is too high. It's just 5 more pounds, but I'm already terrified that I won't be able to stay at this weight. Has anyone else had this advice?
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #84  

Default Bmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, had my weigh in on Sat - down a total of 39lbs since 9/15. We had our company holiday party Sat night, so got to wear a fitted cocktail dress and everyone was very complimentary! I've had the dress for 13 years, wore it once so was very excited to get back into it and to not have to spend $$ for a fancy cocktail dress!! My coach has suggested that I change my target since she says my total body fat % is too high. It's just 5 more pounds, but I'm already terrified that I won't be able to stay at this weight. Has anyone else had this advice?
First, congratulations on the loss and the fancy dress - I do not have any such things in my closet and know that will be one thing I am looking forward to getting - some day.

I did have the issue of BMI come up yesterday during my annual physical. My doctor and I talked a while about it and he agreed that my goal weight was OK for me even though it technically had a higher BMI than some think it ideal.

Part of it is age (don't know yours but my is advanced!) and part of it is some medical studies that have shown that people with slightly higher BMI's actually have a longer life span than those in the area lower than 25%.

Now, of course there are studies that show all sorts of different results about almost everything but after talking to him, he felt that the 25% I should hit was OK. I want a reasonable weight and BMI - I am not looking to reinvent my youth or Twiggy. Once I get there, I will see how I feel but knowing the doctor is happy with my goal I enough for me.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #85  

Quote:
First, congratulations on the loss and the fancy dress - I do not have any such things in my closet and know that will be one thing I am looking forward to getting - some day.

I did have the issue of BMI come up yesterday during my annual physical. My doctor and I talked a while about it and he agreed that my goal weight was OK for me even though it technically had a higher BMI than some think it ideal.

Part of it is age (don't know yours but my is advanced!) and part of it is some medical studies that have shown that people with slightly higher BMI's actually have a longer life span than those in the area lower than 25%.

Now, of course there are studies that show all sorts of different results about almost everything but after talking to him, he felt that the 25% I should hit was OK. I want a reasonable weight and BMI - I am not looking to reinvent my youth or Twiggy. Once I get there, I will see how I feel but knowing the doctor is happy with my goal I enough for me.
Thanks for this - i'm 53 and my BMI isn't the problem it's the fat % - 36.1. She says for my height and build, it should be under 35 and she thought 8 more lbs should do it. DH is freaking out, thinks I'm getting too slim, but I'm ok, no ribs or hip bones sticking out. My bigger fear is whether I can keep it off, you know? I spent my 20's and early 30's at the new goal weight so it's not super skinny for me or a weight I've never maintained, but wow, it's been a long time!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #86  
Keeping it off

Height: 5" 2'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Thanks for this - i'm 53 and my BMI isn't the problem it's the fat % - 36.1.
Sounds like it isn't as much about the number on the scale (BMI ok) as it is your composition. Perhaps your coach is focusing on the wrong thing. Don't loss another 8 lbs, convert the 8 lbs to muscle. You do want to get the fat % down, but it doesn't have to be by continued diet. Add a little strength training? Best of luck!!
Run4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4three View Post
Sounds like it isn't as much about the number on the scale (BMI ok) as it is your composition. Perhaps your coach is focusing on the wrong thing. Don't loss another 8 lbs, convert the 8 lbs to muscle. You do want to get the fat % down, but it doesn't have to be by continued diet. Add a little strength training? Best of luck!!
Great point. I've started weight training 3 times a week starting last week so maybe by the end of the holidays, that will move the % if I don't get 8 more lbs off.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Holidays!

Hello my August friends,
Well, it has been a busy December, but I wanted to cheer you all on! I can see that we who started in the month numbered 8 have done quite well! You are such an inspiring group!

As for myself, I am blessed to have my 19 year daughter home, and she made Dean's list in her first semester of college! she worked very hard, and I am a proud momma! We are awaiting her brother's grades. He has had a rough go, but has pulled himself together, and possibly has found his future wife. He is due in tomorrow. I love it!

DH and I are driving to visit our family in Massachusetts next week. I went to pick up some new pants yesterday, and have found myself in a size 10! I am beyond excited! I am 5 ppounds from my goal, and I will get there! My family hasn't seen my in a year, so I am looking forward to making a splash!

Thank you for the kindness and encouragement over the past few months, it has been a huge blesing to me on my journey. I hope that you all have wonderful holidays and time spent with your families! See you in a week or so!

Much love,
M.

Last edited by MidgieMoon; 12-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4three View Post
Agreed!
Fat loss is more than just "weight loss". Building muscle will help change body composition AND muscle requires more calories to maintain so you'll end up buring some of that fat (hence "transforming" it to muscle).

Losing weight is 90% about what goes in our mouths but maintenance is much more about activity level. There is also the issue of getting to a manageable weight...one we don't have to struggle with maintaining.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #90  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hello my August friends,
Well, it has been a busy December, but I wanted to cheer you all on! I can see that we who started in the month numbered 8 have done quite well! You are such an inspiring group!

As for myself, I am blessed to have my 19 year daughter home, and she made Dean's list in her first semester of college! she worked very hard, and I am a proud momma! We are awaiting her brother's grades. He has had a rough go, but has pulled himself together, and possibly has found his future wife. He is due in tomorrow. I love it!

DH and I are driving to visit our family in Massachusetts next week. I went to pick up some new pants yesterday, and have found myself in a size 10! I am beyond excited! I am 5 ppounds from my goal, and I will get there! My family hasn't seen my in a year, so I am looking forward to making a splash!

Thank you for the kindness and encouragement over the past few months, it has been a huge blesing to me on my journey. I hope that you all have wonderful holidays and time spent with your families! See you in a week or so!

Much love,
M.

Congrats on the size tens! Way to go!

Enjoy your time with your kids- congrats to both of them. I am sure you are so proud! You have much to be proud of. Have a great Christmas and a fab trip making a splash and showing your new self off to the family!

~Renee
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote