Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #61  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Augusters!! I passed the 40lb mark today!!! I'm almost halfway to goal.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #62  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Great job!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Skin left

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Exactly! Frankly, one problem area I have, that I'm afraid will take surgery to fix (ultimately), is a big 'pooch' of fat above my belly button. I'm afraid it will at best, be 'hanging skin' even once I get to goal. So, short of having surgery, I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear "form-fitting" clothes. Of course, there is always Spanx!
I am probably a lot older than you, slownsteady, but I will be so happy when I reach goal that I figure I will just become an expert at how to dress myself with an eye to disguising wherever I carry extra. I know it may drive me crazy but the fact that I can wear something other than black baggy old lady clothes will be enough for me...I think!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #64  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi Augusters, I posted on the daily thread first, but wanted to say hi and that I'm back from my 2 week South American vacation. We had a blast, very active at some points, other times several hours on a bus! But I stayed on plan, except for 2 bites of my birthday cake. I have my official weigh in on Saturday but according to my scales, I'm down 6.4 lbs!!!! I can see my ribs for the first time in 15 years! I'm kind of stunned, had to go through my closet,I have 2 pair of dress pants that will stay up with a belt, 2 dresses and 2 skirt-suits left. I will have to go shopping! I have 4 pair of size 8-10 jeans that I've hung on to for 20 years that now fit! (but wow, are they not in style, lol). Thanks for all your advice and encouragement, I love this group, it's been so great to have company on this journey.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #65  

Welcome back ecdslim and what a great success your trip was! We are all so proud of how well you handled that. New clothes are certainly deserved.

After being 'away' for a while and NOT successful at staying OP, I finally have found my sanity and lost 1 pound beyond my lowest, where I was when I wandered off. So I am back with you Augusters...let's go girls!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #66  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi Augusters, I posted on the daily thread first, but wanted to say hi and that I'm back from my 2 week South American vacation. We had a blast, very active at some points, other times several hours on a bus! But I stayed on plan, except for 2 bites of my birthday cake. I have my official weigh in on Saturday but according to my scales, I'm down 6.4 lbs!!!! I can see my ribs for the first time in 15 years! I'm kind of stunned, had to go through my closet,I have 2 pair of dress pants that will stay up with a belt, 2 dresses and 2 skirt-suits left. I will have to go shopping! I have 4 pair of size 8-10 jeans that I've hung on to for 20 years that now fit! (but wow, are they not in style, lol). Thanks for all your advice and encouragement, I love this group, it's been so great to have company on this journey.
There are so many happy things in this. CONGRATS! You must be so proud of yourself, and excited. We're proud too

Go Augusters!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #67  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Welcome back! You were missed! W.O.W. You are a superstar! To have gone on a 2 week vacation, lost 6.4 while gone and this close to your goal weight!?? I agree SO many happy things in your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Welcome back ecdslim and what a great success your trip was! We are all so proud of how well you handled that. New clothes are certainly deserved.

After being 'away' for a while and NOT successful at staying OP, I finally have found my sanity and lost 1 pound beyond my lowest, where I was when I wandered off. So I am back with you Augusters...let's go girls!
Schenectady, I know you have struggled lately, but you've gotten over the hump now and have started on the downward path again!! Yay for you! Accomplishing the loss of that single pound and getting below your previous low, I know makes a huge difference psychologically for you! Back to business now, girl!
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #68  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Awesome Job!! WTG
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post

Schenectady, I know you have struggled lately, but you've gotten over the hump now and have started on the downward path again!! Yay for you! Accomplishing the loss of that single pound and getting below your previous low, I know makes a huge difference psychologically for you! Back to business now, girl!
Thank you so much slownsteady - your words really mean a lot to me. I have now made it to -3 pounds from my 'weight vacation', so I feel that I am truly back.

The support from people like you in invaluable. When I was off and not getting the program, I did not even read this site because I felt so bad about where I was and what I was doing. It is a treat and a reward to be able to read and post for me. Keeps me happy AND accountable!!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #70  
IP start 8/31/2013

S/C/G: 265/245/150

Hey Augusters!! I've missed you guys!! I'm still with IP but have been super busy with work and the kids... Plus, I've actually started dating. Scary, trying to stay on plan, but this fella is very understanding. How wonderful. I changed coaches too, so I'm going to see how tomorrow goes and update you guys and create a ticker. Finally! Good to be back!!
TXsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!!!
I am back from my Bahamas trip! I was phased off already due to the hair loss so I ate and drank. I made good decisions and did lots of walking and when I got home and stepped on the scale holding my breath, I was down another pound!!! I was really expecting to be up a few due to the re-gain when phasing off but it has not happened yet! I am living my life in maintanence right now and still want to jump back on the program to lose the last ten pounds after the holidays as long as I can stop the hair loss!!!! I have missed you guys!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi guys!!!
I am back from my Bahamas trip! I was phased off already due to the hair loss so I ate and drank. I made good decisions and did lots of walking and when I got home and stepped on the scale holding my breath, I was down another pound!!! I was really expecting to be up a few due to the re-gain when phasing off but it has not happened yet! I am living my life in maintanence right now and still want to jump back on the program to lose the last ten pounds after the holidays as long as I can stop the hair loss!!!! I have missed you guys!
That's wonderful! Glad to hear you had a successful experience eating while away from home and that maintenance is going well.
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #73  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Quote:
Hi guys!!!
Way to go! We all need to see these successful maintenance stories. Especially ones from vacay.

Congrats!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #74  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Hi!

Down 2.6 this week, probably in large part due to having diarrhea for the last week. (TMI, I know!). Am wondering if anyone else deals with this. I didn't have too many issues until Thanksgiving when I had a cheat day. I thought the intestinal upset was because I had foods my body wasn't used to, but I've been back OP and the problem hasn't gone away.

I guess if things haven't improved by Monday I'll make a dr. appointment . . .

I feel fine otherwise (except for the usual stomach cramps that go with the problem) so it's not a flu.

Sigh.
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #75  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsunshine View Post
I'm still with IP but have been super busy with work and the kids... Plus, I've actually started dating. Scary, trying to stay on plan, but this fella is very understanding. How wonderful.
How fun for you! I'm glad you have found a nice, understanding guy to spend some time with. Can't hurt the motivation! Good for you!

Quote:
Hi guys!!!
Welcome back, you've been missed! Wow, great, great job - DOWN a pound after being on a vacation to the Bahamas??!! You are amazing and inspiring!

Rockabilly - congrats on the super loss this week.....but hope you start feeling better!
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote