Old 12-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #46  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
The 43 lbs feel so much better than that milkshake would have tasted!

Stay Strong ladies!
You said it! Even a little over 3 months in I still have cravings, but constantly remind myself that food will always be there, and so will the extra pounds if I give in!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Hi, Augusters!

I posted on another thread, but I also wanted to share here. Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight! I am so excited! And today, we went shopping at Goodwill and I was able to put on size eights! So thrilled! We (hubby and I) are pahsing off now; in fact, we start phase three tomorrow after an abbreviated one week on phase two. He will restart after the holidays, and I may, depending on how the next few weeks turn out.

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes. Not my finest moment, LOL , but definitely a good feeling!

Thank you all for your ideas and support through this process. Before starting, I never thought I would get here, it seemed so far. But in retrospect, it was easier than I thought it would be, and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

~Renee
Way to go! what a great feeling dressing in your daughter's clothes
Congrats
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Wow! I love hearing all the wonderful news! So proud of all of us Augusters who have stusck with it! I too have had good results, and yes, they are slowing down. But, I don't mind! I am in the groove with only 8 pounds left to reach my goal.

My coaching situation has been a merry go round, but I stil show up for WI and measure every Friday. I guess I am self motivated, with some help from you all!

And, saskgirl, I too tried on my daughter's Old Navy Skinny jeans size 10's, and yup, they fit! I was dancing around the house!!! I wouldn't ever actually wear them, but boy it felt great!!!

Keep up the great work! Remember, 4 motnhs ago, we were just starting! Remeber to take stock of the journey so we can enjoy the results :0
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #49  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

I am so proud of all the August dieters! Keep up the great work!!!

I know I got a 2 day head start before August 1st, but I still am having a hard time believing that I have come this far in a bit over 4 months. I suppose I am benefiting from my height (75"), my high start weight (326), and not cheating once in the past 4+ months.

One of the really interesting things (that I can't quite figure out) is why my measurement losses slowed down (flattened out) starting in mid October. I wonder if it possible there is "easy fat" to lose when you are really heavy -- and as your weight drops, the remaining surface fat is harder to lose?

The other thing that I didn't do is I never took arm and thigh measurements -- so I don't know if perhaps I started losing more fat off those (un-measured) areas starting in mid October. In any case, the day I started IP my waistline was 54" and today it's closing in on 42" -- that is a miracle!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-05-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #50  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Wow! I love hearing all the wonderful news! So proud of all of us Augusters who have stusck with it! I am in the groove with only 8 pounds left to reach my goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I am so proud of all the August dieters! Keep up the great work!!!

I know I got a 2 day head start before August 1st, but I still am having a hard time believing that I have come this far in a bit over 4 months....the day I started IP my waistline was 54" and today it's closing in on 42" -- that is a miracle!
Hi guys! I've missed you! I am so proud of everyone and the AWESOME, AWESOME progress you all have made!! I have been away for awhile, dealing with a serious family health emergency, and hate to admit that I succumbed to the pressures and got off course, but I am back with you guys now! Can't keep an Auguster down!

I posted more on the new "multi-day" chat thread about this, but I was disappointed to see the finger-pointing and calling out of the "August" thread as 'what started it all' as far as the reason for the slow-down of the Daily Chat and even for how the forum itself has changed. When you think of it though, members of the August group are active, frequent contributors to multiple threads, so actually we play a big part in keeping the forum going! Anyway, my thought is we each have the right to choose to visit the threads we have an interest in, AND to ignore those we don't. But each has its purpose - and its right to exist!

I'm just glad we are here for each other and REALLY glad I am back!
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #51  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Hi guys! I've missed you! I am so proud of everyone and the AWESOME, AWESOME progress you all have made!! I have been away for awhile, dealing with a serious family health emergency, and hate to admit that I succumbed to the pressures and got off course, but I am back with you guys now! Can't keep an Auguster down!
SlowNSteady, sorry to hear of your serious family health emergency. I hope everything is getting better now. And I totally get succumbing to the pressure with all that going on. I am pulling for you. Still, look at your progress! You are down 30 pounds and must be feeling better. And you are not that far away from goal (you are closer to goal than I am!). Kudos!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-06-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #52  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks, but I hope everyone is hanging in there and sticking to it! I had company over Thanksgiving and my planned 1-day cheat (sanctioned by my coach!) turned into a week of semi-cheating . . . but Monday I got back on 100% and was happy that my WI yesterday showed a loss of 0.6. Hey, I'll take it!

This month is going to be one challenge after another. I plan to do the best I can but not beat myself up too badly if I stray a little. I will stay away from sweets and alcohol, but if the meal at a party has a salad with sunflower seeds, I'm not going to sweat it! LOL!

Have a great weekend!!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #53  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Morning Everyone!

Avalon, thanks for the pep-talk! I DO have to remember I am down the 30, and just need to keep building on that. I'm back OP now and feeling good.

Everyone have a SUPER FRIDAY!! Resist those goodies that seem to appear everywhere this time of year, and keep your eye on the prize!!
Old 12-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #54  

Quote:

I'm just glad we are here for each other and REALLY glad I am back!
Hey slownsteady, it's good to hear your voice on here again! Sorry to hear about your family health emergency, but glad you're back. Even though I participate in other threads and have truly valued all of the advice and feedback from senior members, I do love having this thread too, full of people who are all around the same stage in our IP journeys. Stay strong everyone and enjoy the upcoming weekend!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #55  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
I too tried on my daughter's Old Navy Skinny jeans size 10's, and yup, they fit! I was dancing around the house!!! I wouldn't ever actually wear them, but boy it felt great!!!
What??!!! Of COURSE you have to wear the skinny jeans - no "Mom Jeans" for you!! Picture yourself wearing them with a great pair of boots - you will ROCK them! DO IT!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #56  
Serial Dieter

I actually walked into a Dress Barn the other day and bought 3 sweaters on the "skinny side" of the store and they fit great. It's like a whole other world has suddenly opened up.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 12-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #57  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I actually walked into a Dress Barn the other day and bought 3 sweaters on the "skinny side" of the store and they fit great. It's like a whole other world has suddenly opened up.
What a great feeling! Yes, it feels so good to be able to shop in the "regular" section of the store, instead of "Womens". That was a huge NSV when that happened. I really haven't done a lot of clothes shopping since then though (still shopping in my closet!), so it's almost like I don't quite believe it - like I can't really be a 'normal' size, can I? How I see my body has not quite caught up to the reality of what I see on the scale. I have a feeling that will take awhile!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #58  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
What a great feeling! Yes, it feels so good to be able to shop in the "regular" section of the store, instead of "Womens". That was a huge NSV when that happened. I really haven't done a lot of clothes shopping since then though (still shopping in my closet!), so it's almost like I don't quite believe it - like I can't really be a 'normal' size, can I? How I see my body has not quite caught up to the reality of what I see on the scale. I have a feeling that will take awhile!
I know what you mean -- after being a 2X for so long I still am surprised when I try on a 1X and it's roomy. I haven't quite gotten to the point of trying clothes from the "normal" section -- I guess I'm afraid of disappointment! Most of my pants are elastic waist so I have no idea what size I should be -- I just know some of the larger pairs now look like clown pants.

I did, however, purchase a band t-shirt at a concert in an L, looking to the future.

I guess I'm in reverse denial! Couldn't ever believe I'd gotten as large as I was, and now I can't believe I'm smaller!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
I know what you mean -- after being a 2X for so long I still am surprised when I try on a 1X and it's roomy. I haven't quite gotten to the point of trying clothes from the "normal" section -- I guess I'm afraid of disappointment! Most of my pants are elastic waist so I have no idea what size I should be -- I just know some of the larger pairs now look like clown pants.

I did, however, purchase a band t-shirt at a concert in an L, looking to the future.

I guess I'm in reverse denial! Couldn't ever believe I'd gotten as large as I was, and now I can't believe I'm smaller!
I relate as well. I've been so used to buying clothes in baggy styles to hide my body that I'm not even sure what styles and materials might flatter my body now. My habit is still to wear blousey shirts and things rather than show my shape.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #60  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
My habit is still to wear blousey shirts and things rather than show my shape.
Exactly! Frankly, one problem area I have, that I'm afraid will take surgery to fix (ultimately), is a big 'pooch' of fat above my belly button. I'm afraid it will at best, be 'hanging skin' even once I get to goal. So, short of having surgery, I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear "form-fitting" clothes. Of course, there is always Spanx!

Last edited by slownsteady; 12-08-2013 at 09:21 PM.