Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #31  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Renee, Huge congrats to you!!!! You must feel so fantastic and be so thrilled! It's great seeing another success story!

If you are willing to share ... How long did it take you to erase those 41 pounds and did you have fairly steady losses the whole time? If you'd rather keep that private, no worries! There are no time tables for dieting, that's for sure!! But I am curious as to what typical loss rates are for IP dieters.

It would be cool to see avg statistics for the entire population of 3FC IP subscribers. But then again I love numbers. Call me a statistics maven. I dream of the day I can log into the 3fc site, surf to the IP page, and see a Daily Summary page:

"Our 530 IP subscribers lost 184 pounds yesterday and 1,043 pounds in the past week."
"And the total weight loss for all members for all time is 22,458 pounds."

It could run off the numbers people punch into their PROFILE (as members update their weights). Wouldn't that be a cool board-wide ticker to watch and marvel at ... as the collective weight of our entire board membership slowly shrinks!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #32  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Renee, Huge congrats to you!!!! You must feel so fantastic and be so thrilled! It's great seeing another success story!

If you are willing to share ... How long did it take you to erase those 41 pounds and did you have fairly steady losses the whole time? If you'd rather keep that private, no worries! There are no time tables for dieting, that's for sure!! But I am curious as to what typical loss rates are for IP dieters.
I have no problem sharing this; in fact, my start date is in my profile. I started the last Sunday in August, so I spent almost exactly three months in phase one. My losses started off gangbusters (as they tend to do) and then settled to 2-3 pounds per week.
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #33  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I have no problem sharing this; in fact, my start date is in my profile. I started the last Sunday in August, so I spent almost exactly three months in phase one. My losses started off gangbusters (as they tend to do) and then settled to 2-3 pounds per week.
Wow, those are FANTASTIC results!!! That's really not long at all. You just "zipped" that weight right off!

Yes, I too have seen some gradual slowing of losses. Typical as one loses weight. I have a feeling I am going to plateau out before I reach my goal as I haven't been at my goal weight for over 20 years; but I shouldn't have to worry about that for another few months at least.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-30-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #34  

Thanks! Hubby has had great results, too. He is down 60 pounds in the same time frame. So exciting!

Have a great weekend!

~Renee
Old 11-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Quote:
Hi, Augusters!

I posted on another thread, but I also wanted to share here. Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight! I am so excited! And today, we went shopping at Goodwill and I was able to put on size eights! So thrilled! We (hubby and I) are pahsing off now; in fact, we start phase three tomorrow after an abbreviated one week on phase two. He will restart after the holidays, and I may, depending on how the next few weeks turn out.

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes. Not my finest moment, LOL , but definitely a good feeling!

Thank you all for your ideas and support through this process. Before starting, I never thought I would get here, it seemed so far. But in retrospect, it was easier than I thought it would be, and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

~Renee

Congrats Renee!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!! I have phased off as well but am short of my goal. We started at the same time and close to the same weight. Good luck with your maintainence. So far so good for me!!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Hi, Augusters!

I posted on another thread, but I also wanted to share here. Earlier this week, after three months on IP, I made it to my goal weight! I am so excited! And today, we went shopping at Goodwill and I was able to put on size eights! So thrilled! We (hubby and I) are pahsing off now; in fact, we start phase three tomorrow after an abbreviated one week on phase two. He will restart after the holidays, and I may, depending on how the next few weeks turn out.

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes. Not my finest moment, LOL , but definitely a good feeling!

Thank you all for your ideas and support through this process. Before starting, I never thought I would get here, it seemed so far. But in retrospect, it was easier than I thought it would be, and I have learned so much about myself in the process.

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

~Renee
Congratulations Renee! I've been watching your posts because we started the same day and have similar stats. You are an inspiration to me! My weight loss has been slower, but it's coming off. I plan to start phase two after the holidays. I think it will be easier for me if I stay on phase 1 and hopefully I'll be at goal as well! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to hear your updates as you progress though the phases.
Corey
FYI I'm not sure what's going on with my ticker, but I'm actually 160 lbs...can't wait to be in the 150's!

Last edited by Coreyle; 12-01-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Ticker update
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #37  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi, Augusters!

I posted a before/ after pic from yesterday when my daughter was dressing me up in her clothes.
Wow wow wow. Pictures are great. CONGRATULATIONS! You must feel so accomplished! Yay for you...and hubby too!
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #38  

Thanks, everyone! Your support has really helped me during this journey.

First phase three breakfast today. Went BIG TIME shopping yesterday to prep for the two weeks on phase three. I plan to use some of the recipes from the Phase 3 breakfast thread, too. Yum!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #39  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Hi, Augusters!

~Renee
Congrats! You look awesome! I love pictures!!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

ReenHag - congratulations are in order. You have made such great and steady progress and now you have made goal. WOW!

OK Augusters - let's all hang in here and make good progress towards our goals. I have slipped and slid around a bit but bound and determined...
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

OK Augusters - let's all hang in here and make good progress towards our goals. I have slipped and slid around a bit but bound and determined...
Yes, we can do it! This month can be tough with lots of holiday events and dinners and such, but with a little planning we can certainly stay OP and get closer to our goals.

I probably have another 3-4 months if the rate at which I've been losing stays the same. Sometimes that feels like so long, but when I stop and think about how long I've been overweight and how that has interfered with aspects of my health and life, 3-4 months is a small price for the opportunity to be slim and healthy!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #42  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

So I've stopped thinking about the long term. My focus is 10lbs by 12/31. Certainly that seems more attainable then another 30. Little chunks at a time Ladies! We can do this!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #43  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
So I've stopped thinking about the long term. My focus is 10lbs by 12/31. Certainly that seems more attainable then another 30. Little chunks at a time Ladies! We can do this!
I like this - manageable chunks

Your pic is looking skinnier and skinnier.... Keep it up!

IP POWER to all the Augusters.
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #44  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well Augusters: Here we are another month on this journey gone. How's everyone feeling? I'm tired of the diet, Gosh how I wanted a milkshake tonight but I stayed strong and didn't cave. The 43 lbs feel so much better than that milkshake would have tasted!

Stay Strong ladies!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #45  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

[QUOTE=ReenHag;4892476]Thanks, everyone! Your support has really helped me during this journey.

First phase three breakfast today. Went BIG TIME shopping yesterday to prep for the two weeks on phase three. I plan to use some of the recipes from the Phase 3 breakfast thread, too. Yum![/QU

Congrats, great job!!
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote