Who Started August 2013, Part III!!

You're on Page 8 of 15
Go to
  • Quote: The Augusters had fallen off the first page so....

Hello and happy new year Augusters!

My weigh-in is tomorrow, first one in two weeks (clinic closed some over holiday and I traveled). And it is going to be COLD out. Even though my clinic is across the street, I'm guessing my "weigh in outfit" I've been using sine august (shorts) won't work. LOL.

I am past the original goal the clinic set for me but not quite yet at 'healthy' bmi or a size I'd like so onward I go. IP rocks!

TGIF! And stay warm! IP power to all!
    HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!
  • Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!
  • Quote: HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!
    LOL!!!
  • Quote: Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!
    Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
  • Quote: Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
    Happy to see you checking in this weekend. Thank you for the congrats

For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!

You can do it too - you have been right there with me and you are so positive and upbeat.

Hope you are staying warm... And that your IP mojo is in full force!
  • No failure
    Quote: Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
    I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.
  • Quote: For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!
    Thanks for the reminder about the importance of being focused! I did great the first 3 months by being so strict - truly 100%. I've been struggling big time this last week with the holidays and know I just need to recommit to 100% and get back on track. I've gained some weight back and now have to re-lose weight I've already lost, which is totally disappointing, but completely due to bad choices I've made. Time to deal with it, move forward, and refocus so that I can start the scale going back down instead of up!

Quote: I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.
    I'm starting the gym as well - my membership starts on Monday and I hope to make this a part of my daily routine and be as accountable to that as I will be to following IP 100%!
  • Who started August 2013? Part III :)
    Hey Augusters!!!

I just noticed that our previous thread is closed, Woo-Hoo!!!

Here's the link to Part II:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...art-ii-34.html

Don't want all our encouragement to get "lost in the sauce"!!
  • So my holiday guests are gone and today I am back on plan 100% after 3 weeks of "modifications", lol.
  • Hey Team August! Sitting here waiting on the Princess to get out of school. Ready for this cold snap to move on! The high today is 35 and it barley made it! Lol my honey was laughing this morning when i said Ill never complain about being hot again. Im 18lbs from my original goal amd getting anixous about being t here. I want it to hurry up so I can have a treat but the. I think omg im going to fail and gain all the weight back! Its terrifying.
  • Hello Augusters,

I've been back 100% since 12/30 . . .until a minute ago when I ate a Ghiradeli square that was included in a package I received today. Sigh. As of now, 100% again!!!

I was down 2.2 today. I'll take it! It does feel like its going to be an eternity until I reach my goal -- just need to keep my eye on the goal. Let's all keep going . . . . :-)
  • Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!
  • Quote: Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!
    Have you tried using the alternative plan to lose the rest of the weight? It isn't as low carb/calorie/or fat.
    Also, have you had a complete thyroid panel run?
  • BUMP!!! I don't know how I missed this third volume!! Sorry, slownsteady.
  • I am so proud of all who have stuck by this August group! There have been ups and downs and some who have incredibly stuck straight through this many month process. Kudos to all.

What is important is that we are all still here, still trying.

What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

So, Augusters, of what are YOU most proud?