Maintainers Vol 13

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Way to go Maxxy..not only one pound but 4 inches as well! I think you will enjoy maintenance.

I am working off an up pound from eating French pepper steak with cognac sauce.
  • Snowy day in StL. And they are so reactionary to a little weather here (I'm from Michigan, originally)
    My water exercise class was cancelled this morning so I'm about to do my PT exercises and work on the foam roller.
  • Lisa - 8.5 inches here in central IL from the same storm. So pretty when I went out to walk this morning. Got out early to finish shopping while others stayed home, now just enjoying the view out my window....

Maxxy - you are doing great! Just stick with it.

Maile - the poem is great, but I sure hope I don't gain 10 lbs! A couple will be ok - can take it off after Christmas. Hope your son got out of Chicago ok - I think they had less snow north of here.

FitMom - welcome!

Ishbel - sounds like you are doing well and keeping in shape. What is your due date?
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! I've completed day 4 of phase 2...it is going quickly.

Maxxy congrats on your 1st weigh in! I hope I can be just as successful!

Maile...I hear you on the decorating. I've been done, but am still wrapping some lingering gifts! I actually got my Christmas cards done today!

How about the holiday baking? Obviously I won't get to have the goodies since I'm still phasing off. But I told my kids that instead of going "hog wild" with the baking his year, that they can each pick 1 thing they want to make...and that will be it. We'll see how that goes!

Have a terrific week!
  • Well, two parties down on the weekend and 1 pound up! I know....don't weigh in but I did anyway. Back to my post "fun" day, phase 1 for a couple days. I think I am getting the hang of this!

The two parties were so much fun when everyone noticed how "skinny" I am. I laugh to myself everytime I hear it. "Skinny"???? me???? haha LOVE TO HEAR THAT!

Hope everyone has a great maintaining week before XMAS!
  • maile I was wrapping presents last night and thinking about your tree and how I don't have one. A few of VIP's presents are in big boxes so I'm going to pile them all up and buy a little fake tree at WalMart today (those ones that are 8-12 inches high - has to be fake or my cats will eat it) and put it on top of all the presents and take a picture HAHA!

Lizzy Due date, depends on who you listen to, by me 30 May by Ultra Sound 26 May. I think I have to go with the ultra sound because that's what the doc will use. So I just say "last week in May sometime".

FitMom My mom and I discussed holiday baking too and we're going to try to keep it to a minimum, she makes these fabulous paleo crackers from almond flour that I specifically requested. Everyone in my fam but my auntie will be ok with that. She'll show up with piles of baking, she's that person that encourages you to take three more squares so she can too. Meh,

Maxxy 1 lbs after two parties is a pretty good victory, I doubt you'd need a few days of Phase 1 Well done!

dak1lls I can tell ya that VIP doesn't think I'm always positive HAHA! My alternate personality is "PEGGY" - shes the one that can get quite angry. Pregnant peggy is something to behold.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • I am having a "talk me off the ledge" kind of morning. I totally understand now how some folks wind up with a weight disorder. After losing 43 lbs and 5 sizes, I still can look at myself in the mirror and see the fat girl. I know Im smaller because of the scale and my clothes, but not always do I see the thinner me. Strange.....

I still haven't lost that pound from the weekend and I feel like I'm huge again. I need to keep my head on straight and realize no one can tell if I am one pound heavier!

Oh well....time to move forward and not obsess but some days are harder than others. No temptation to quit and fall back into bad habits, I just think I should be excited about my new appearance all the time and I wonder whats wrong with me when I dont!
  • Quote: I am having a "talk me off the ledge" kind of morning. I totally understand now how some folks wind up with a weight disorder. After losing 43 lbs and 5 sizes, I still can look at myself in the mirror and see the fat girl. I know Im smaller because of the scale and my clothes, but not always do I see the thinner me. Strange.....

I still haven't lost that pound from the weekend and I feel like I'm huge again. I need to keep my head on straight and realize no one can tell if I am one pound heavier!

Oh well....time to move forward and not obsess but some days are harder than others. No temptation to quit and fall back into bad habits, I just think I should be excited about my new appearance all the time and I wonder whats wrong with me when I dont!
    Maxxy...you have done amazing! As for the self image..use that consciousness to help keep you on track. Not a bad thing Really. I worry that getting too comfy about success could at some point lead me to a dangerous slippery slope! For the hunger horrors that do still occur in maintenance and put me on the ledge:
    Try some chicken broth. You can add spinach, shaved carrots and chopped celery or even beaten egg white if you need some volume. Damage from that concoction is pretty much ZERO! I find in the cold weather...coffee or tea simply does not do it for me at 10 AM or 3PM sometimes. Also found that if I snacked (light) more...that actually was not satisfying either. Something about the hot broth really makes a difference for me on a day like that.

Think of a zero impact thing you like and can have (...guilt free ...!!) and maybe you can share a ploy the rest of us can use too!!
  • Quote: Maxxy...you have done amazing! As for the self image..use that consciousness to help keep you on track. Not a bad thing Really. I worry that getting too comfy about success could at some point lead me to a dangerous slippery slope! For the hunger horrors that do still occur in maintenance and put me on the ledge:
    Try some chicken broth. You can add spinach, shaved carrots and chopped celery or even beaten egg white if you need some volume. Damage from that concoction is pretty much ZERO! I find in the cold weather...coffee or tea simply does not do it for me at 10 AM or 3PM sometimes. Also found that if I snacked (light) more...that actually was not satisfying either. Something about the hot broth really makes a difference for me on a day like that.

Think of a zero impact thing you like and can have (...guilt free ...!!) and maybe you can share a ploy the rest of us can use too!!
    I've been having homemade bone broth as my "after school" snack. Adding some spinach, celery or even a beaten egg might work out wonderfully on extra-hungry days. Thanks for the great idea! Just needing to learn to work thru the "winter hungries" with a plan. Boiled eggs are a savior for me!

And the whole self-image thing...oh my! Every time I have a fun day, I fully expect none of my clothes to fit and I'm always amazed when they still do. I'm hoping as time passes, I'll "grow out of" this feeling.

Hi Kathie! Nice to see you back
  • Hi. New to phase 4. Had my phase 4 session with my coach tonight. 65 pounds and 50 inches, I'm ready for this. So many people here have been an inspiration. I'm a little nervous, but excited as well. First day will be a funday. It is my work holiday potluck. I'm still bringing my zuccini mock apples.
  • Maxxy, sounds like you handled the parties well!! I react the same whenever I gain a pound or two...

Ishbel, you've done so well in maintenance that it seems so "second nature" for you. By eating healthy throughout your pregnancy you will feel great when baby arrives! Thanks for the almond flour & paleo suggestions! Just think, next Christmas, you'll have a little one to wrap for, too!

65X65 & Lisa, thanks for the chicken broth idea...I plan to have this as an afternoon snack!

Cynaria, hello to you! It looks like we're starting in here around the same time! I'm just on day 8 of phase 2, though. Congrats on your exceptional loss!!

Phase 2 is going ok for me. I'm just concerned because I started P2 last Thursday...lost 1 pound by Saturday...and now am up that same pound. Is this bad news? I'm wondering if P3 means a big gain coming up?? (See Maxxy...I'm doing it, too!).
  • Just finishing week two of maintenance. I'm at the lowest weight I have been so that's great news for me. I am really trying different ideas with how to maintain. I usually just add a bit of a fat at lunch and sometimes a carb at dinner. I am so used to low carb eating now, that I really don't miss adding carbs to my day. I did have my "fun" day and I have another "fun" day tomorrow. Unfortunately, the "fun" is usually the alcohol but if I can still have my "fun" and have a drink or two, I'm good with that. I am trying to make it a way of life and not a diet anymore. So far, so good. I'm trying not to overthink or over complicate my food intake.

Today,we go out for a work lunch. An omelet and salad are sounding pretty good right now! mmmmm, real food! lol

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Hi Everyone!

I started IP January of this year and phased off in August after losing 60lbs. I continued to lose through all phases and reached 70 lbs as of last week. If it wasn't for this website I couldn't have done it. Especially the recipes. I have been lurking and this is my first post. You all are such good support and I struggle everyday with making good food choices. Just like you Maxxy I don't see me as small. Clothes tell all but my eyes still see a big girl. I have struggled since childhood with my weight and IP saved me. It is just the right amount of structure I needed. I have never felt better in my life! I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all and good luck, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • Jelliehel: Welcome. You have done so well losing 70 pounds! I loved the structure of IP also and especially the maintenance plan.

Maxxy: I found that alcohol usually does not cause a weight gain. Low carb eating has become a way of life. You can usually find some way to eat low carb when you go out.

Fitmom: I lost during Phase 3. You might have water retention.

I had much of the same reaction as others initially. If I was up a pound, I would feel like I had gained all of my weight back. As time passes I am not as anxious. If I am up a few pounds, that is in my range and I am pretty Ok. However, I am not cured and still look at myself in the mirror to make sure I do not look fat on some days. Most of the time I see myself as thin.

Cynaria: I liked those mock apples also. They are great for the holidays. Welcome to maintenance and I hope you enjoy the potluck.

Lisa32989: Before I went to Hawaii I tried on all my clothes to make sure they fit. There was no reason to assume they wouldn't, but I did it anyway.

65x65: That is a good idea about the broth and spinach for a snack on a cold day!

Ishbel: Did you buy a little tree? I hope you are feeling well..don't forget you have lots of hormonal changes going on impacting Peggy! I was more emotional during my pregnancies. A friend gave me a poinsettia plant, which intrigues the cats. Fortunately the plant is not dangerous to cats as it is to humans.

Lizzy: You have lots of snow! My son did get out ok. It is wonderful to have him here. Now if my other son can just get out of DC.

I made it through the holiday staff party with no unkind words this year. I think people have given up on giving me unwanted advice on what to eat. it was nice.
  • Weigh in #2 for maintenance and I stayed the same as last week! I can do this! I just proved it to myself! Merry Christmas to me!

Thanks all for encouraging words! This forum is truly a gift!