LOL at my refigerator and freezer ...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Only when someone is on the IP diet, could it possibly look like this ...

• At one time I would have considered that "time to go to the store". You have at least a weeks worth of food in there now! LOL
  • LOL. So glad my broccoli suggestion has been put to such good use
  • haha! awesome.
  • LOL - I love it Avalon!
  • You must really like broccoli! lol
  • at least there is no room in my freezer for ice cream! that's one way to prevent cheating.

IPNewbie, I can't remember who turned me on to organic frozen vegetables. It was someone on this board ... Was that you? If so, THANK YOU! You changed my whole life. I had NO IDEA how much better frozen organic vegetables were for you over fresh in terms of nutrients -- and also how much better tasting they were over fresh. I cannot stand the taste of fresh broccoli, but frozen organic broccoli tastes like mashed potatoes to me (I must have strange taste buds or something). Plus I was always throwing fresh vegies away as I couldn't eat them all before they went bad in my fridge. With frozen, they last forever, and you just microwave what you are going to eat ... it's perfect and so easy
  • Quote: at least there is no room in my freezer for ice cream! that's one way to prevent cheating.

IPNewbie, I can't remember who turned me on to organic frozen vegetables. It was someone on this board ... Was that you? If so, THANK YOU! You changed my whole life. I had NO IDEA how much better frozen organic vegetables were for you over fresh in terms of nutrients -- and also how much better tasting they were over fresh. I cannot stand the taste of fresh broccoli, but frozen organic broccoli tastes like mashed potatoes to me (I must have strange taste buds or something). Plus I was always throwing fresh vegies away as I couldn't eat them all before they went bad in my fridge. With frozen, they last forever, and you just microwave what you are going to eat ... it's perfect and so easy
    Yes ma'am, it was me! Sooo glad it was helpful to you!
  • Avalon1957 you haven't turned green yet? That's a whole lot of broccoli!!!
  • Now that pic sure put a smile on my face. THANK YOU!
  • I didn't even think of frozen veggies. What a great idea. Trying that next time
  • Quote: I love the photo! It feels good coming back from the grocery store with bags full of mostly green things, colorful veggies, and healthy lean proteins. I've noticed the bags are so much lighter to carry than when I was buying processed and prepared foods. It's interesting how those foods that are lighter to carry into the house make me feel lighter and happier and are physically making me lighter and healthier. My acupuncturist was correct when she told me how much better you feel when you eat foods that are alive (or were alive not too long ago). I'm experiencing that improved quality of life now and use it to remind myself why I'm doing this.
    I also get a kick out of how healthy my groceries are since my IP dieting. Occasionally, someone has even commented on that at the checkout counter.
    And in addition to being lighter to carry, it's nice knowing that I'm creating much less garbage - everything is whole food based, with much less packaging waste. And as a single woman, I absolutely LOVE the convenience of frozen veggies. So convenient and quick, and no spoilage.
  • Do the fozen vegetables work as well as fresh for recipes like cauliflower mash and cauliflower rice?
  • Looks healthy!

I find for me I like to eat fresh vegetables for the most part, but I have had frozen spinach in the past which was just as good.

Broccoli is so healthy as well. I'll have to look out for this in the store next time. Frozen also lasts longer than fresh.
  • Quote: Do the fozen vegetables work as well as fresh for recipes like cauliflower mash and cauliflower rice?
    I had cauli rice using frozen on Monday and it worked great. Shredded the cauliflower in my food processor and the cooked it with a little onion & olive oil, salt & seasoning. YUMMY! I plan on having some for Thanksgiving.