Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 212.6/ticker!/119

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I'm kind of scared to maky any goals. My real goal is "feel comfortable and healthy in my own skin," but I have no idea what that translates to on a scale. I have never been happy with my weight since high school-- I don't even think I was overweight then, just not in good shape. I've thrown "lose 20lbs" out there before Christmas, but honestly I just want to lose weight, and I don't beat myself up if it's 17lbs and not 20lbs.

So I totally relate. I say stick with small goals since they are less scary.

And congrats on being so close to your first goal!
First, thank you

I agree with being comfortable as a goal, but I too, do not know what amount of pounds that would equal for me. I have a tentative goal of another 20...but then I was doing a few BMI calculations which sparked another goal of 148 lbs to go from obese to overweight. But that would also mean a goal of 32 lbs...oddly enough that it nearly identical to my first goal. So I know I can do it!

Something to discuss next Tuesday with coach
Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #47  

Height: 6'

Hi my IP peeps. I've missed y'all. I'm baccckkkkkkk!!!!!

If you remember, I went to France a few months ago and properly phased off before my trip. I came back and swore to myself that when it was "wheels down" from the plane, I was back on Phase 1. Well, that worked for a little bit but I was still letting little things creep back into my eating style. So, i have been doing Phase 1-ish for a few months until I could get my head back into to IP game. I did not go crazy which has been reassuring to me since it helps me to believe that I will be ok with maintenance. I have changed my ticker to reflect the 4lb gain to keep myself honest and accountable. I hope that I'm welcome back with all of my getting back on plan issues? LOL. I have still read everyday and I believe that is what has kept my gain to only 4lbs. One thing is this little reprieve has stopped the drastic hair loss which I'm very happy about. You are all an inspiration and I can't wait to update my ticker to show a loss again.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

What do you IP supporters think of the new raspberry chocolate bar as a snack. My clinic just got them in, and I took one as a snack. I have heard they are good, they are a restricted snack. It is my understanding from my coach that I could take 7 of them (my clinic let us mix and match not buy a box of one item) and have a full bar daily as my restricted item? Is this correct?

Last edited by dlr9774; 11-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
What do you IP supporters think of the new raspberry chocolate bar as a snack. My clinic just got them in, and I took one as a snack. I have heard they are good, they are a restricted snack.
It's tasty but doesn't do it for me as a packet normally does. My coach gave me one to try as well and if I did decide to buy more, I'd keep it in the freezer and break off piece by piece to get my choc fix. I wouldn't use it as a packet. Too much sugar (for me) and not enough protein (for me).
Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Wow I am hungry! I had breakfast at 8:30. Usually don't eat again till noon but today might be an early lunch day.
I see you are in the 170s! We now have the exact same stats. You look awesome! I don't feel like I look that thin, hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me
Old 11-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
I see you are in the 170s! We now have the exact same stats. You look awesome! I don't feel like I look that thin, hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me
Yep! Am happy to say I am done with the 180s! (except when I have babies, then it's probably okay). I don't feel thin at all so it's probably just our brains. I looked at some pics a couple years ago and it really helps highlight the difference.

I'm really hoping the weight keeps coming off-- scale said 173 this morning but maybe it was an illusion since I hadn't had my coffee yet...
Old 11-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Good Evening Everyone,

Things are going great. First WI is Saturday but I have been peeking and I think I am down almost 8 lbs. My hubby has been eating the same supper and a very good bfast and lunch..he is down 10 lbs.

I have been trying new foods all week and we r both loving it. Today I made the kale chips for lunch and I just couldn't believe how good they are. I also had spaghetti squash for the 1st time for supper and it was awesome.

Loving it!!

PS - we should have dancing turnips vice carrots because we can't eat carrots...hee hee!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #53  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemae View Post
First, thank you

I agree with being comfortable as a goal, but I too, do not know what amount of pounds that would equal for me. I have a tentative goal of another 20...but then I was doing a few BMI calculations which sparked another goal of 148 lbs to go from obese to overweight. But that would also mean a goal of 32 lbs...oddly enough that it nearly identical to my first goal. So I know I can do it!

Something to discuss next Tuesday with coach
I've also been looking at goals differently since starting IP. In previous weight loss attempts I would usually set time based goals, like "lose x amount by my vacation, or so-and-so's wedding, etc" Whether I met the goal or not by whatever time limit I had set myself, that was usually about the point when I would give up and go back to my old eating habits. This time my goal is about being healthy and staying that way for life. I have a number in mind based on my doc's recommendation, but I'm not attached to it - I'll be more concerned with how I feel, my body fat %, BMR, and any other measures of better health. I'm hoping that way of thinking will have more staying power than just trying to lose weight for vanity to look good for this or that event.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

44forever: Spaghetti squash is not allowed until P4.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #55  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
Good Evening Everyone,

Things are going great. First WI is Saturday but I have been peeking and I think I am down almost 8 lbs. My hubby has been eating the same supper and a very good bfast and lunch..he is down 10 lbs.

I have been trying new foods all week and we r both loving it. Today I made the kale chips for lunch and I just couldn't believe how good they are. I also had spaghetti squash for the 1st time for supper and it was awesome.

Loving it!!

PS - we should have dancing turnips vice carrots because we can't eat carrots...hee hee!
Do you mean squash (zucchini) made into spaghetti or actually spaghetti squash?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #56  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Gotta share! NSV!
I ran tonight! Well, a walk-run as I am getting back into running after the 6+ months hiatus. It was awesome. I was just as fast as I was previously (woot!) although it was only for 60-second intervals. I am going on Saturday again and I cannot wait!

Day 1 of P3 went well. I ended up having 2 IP products due to the exercising, although I need to check that with my coach. Breakfast was great, I wasn't hungry until 12:30 p.m. and so I am enjoying it. Just strange to have carbs!!
Closed Thread