Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am looking for encouragement and pointers. This is my 6th week on IP and I am struggling to lose more than 1 pound a week for the past couple of weeks. Lost 3.5 the first week, then 2, then 2, then 1, then 1, etc. At 6 weeks I should be 15-18 lbs lighter but I am only at 10.5. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I dont cheat. At least not intentionally. Could it be because I dont measure my food? I eyeball my veggies and meat. Could eating a little more than allowed do that much damage? It's really hard because I stay away from everything not on the list of approved foods. Any insight?

Holly, you look amazing!! I want to be like you!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #32  

Height: 5 '6

My losses went down for a couple of weeks and after reading on here I decided I was going slightly over on my milk intake.... within a day I started to drop faster... it can be the little things so yes.... weigh your meat!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
Buy them! I bought a pair of pants yesterday (size 12) for only $8. Brand new and in a tall! Decided to hang them in the closet as I will be in them soon enough. Why spend extra on stuff when I need it? I'm using them as motivation to get there.
If I weren't on this diet I wouldn't have considered purchasing them since it's just not a good motivator for me, but I think I'm going to get them. Plus, they are 60 day return so if for some reason they don't work I can just return em.

They DO button right now, just not too flattering on the thighs.

Happy note: down 4.8lbs this week (my scale says 5.2, clinic says 4.8. Whatever). I'll take it!

Last edited by yespositively; 11-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #34  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!
Buy them, you can use them to keep you motivated.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #35  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. Back from my coaching appointment. Down .9 pounds, water retention is WAY up there so I need to get a handle on that (I think it's almost my TOM). Tonight I go grocery shopping for Phase 3! Woot.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!
You look amazing and are a real inspiration to me. I was there last year and gained 20 lbs in the last 6 months. This makes me realize I can get back down to my goal.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hello all. Back from my coaching appointment. Down .9 pounds, water retention is WAY up there so I need to get a handle on that (I think it's almost my TOM). Tonight I go grocery shopping for Phase 3! Woot.
I hope you got the info I sent and it is helpful, or at least gives you some ideas. Good luck! You will do so well in maintenance. I am so happy for you.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #38  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, all! I'm back from my cruise. All went well, even though I would NOT recommend going on a cruise while on IP! lol It was hard, but I stayed OP except I probably ate too many tomatoes, was short some veggies a couple of days (NO spinach on the ship...and I rely heavily on spinach), and had a little extra meat one day. Overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. I had to watch all of my friends eating TONS of food, and all I could think about was "and we wonder how we've all gotten fat." It was enlightening to watch how people eat on the ship. It's INSANE the amount of food that people eat while on board....and I used to pig out right along with them.

I weighed in yesterday afternoon, and I was thrilled that I lost 3.2 pounds while we were gone!! While all of my girlfriends were whining about being bloated, having swollen fingers, and their pants getting too tight from all the food, they commented that the jeans I had just picked up THE DAY BEFORE the trip were already getting too loose. Talk about motivation to keep OP!

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on what all has been happening around here, and I hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Hi, all! I'm back from my cruise. All went well, even though I would NOT recommend going on a cruise while on IP! lol It was hard, but I stayed OP except I probably ate too many tomatoes, was short some veggies a couple of days (NO spinach on the ship...and I rely heavily on spinach), and had a little extra meat one day. Overall, I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it. I had to watch all of my friends eating TONS of food, and all I could think about was "and we wonder how we've all gotten fat." It was enlightening to watch how people eat on the ship. It's INSANE the amount of food that people eat while on board....and I used to pig out right along with them.

I weighed in yesterday afternoon, and I was thrilled that I lost 3.2 pounds while we were gone!! While all of my girlfriends were whining about being bloated, having swollen fingers, and their pants getting too tight from all the food, they commented that the jeans I had just picked up THE DAY BEFORE the trip were already getting too loose. Talk about motivation to keep OP!

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on what all has been happening around here, and I hope everyone is having a great OP week!
WOW! I cannot believe you stayed on plan while on a cruise. That's amazing and you completely deserve your loss. Great job!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #40  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Congrats to everyone on their successes!!!!

I start Phase 3 Friday!!! I'm super excited because my mom is throwing my fiancé & I an engagement party- I'm going to be as good as I can, but alcoholic beverages will be consumed and i'm freaking pumped about it! lol Plus I get an English muffin for breakfast!!!!!AHH SO excited about that!!!

Happy hump day everyone!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!
Congratulations, you look awesome!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #42  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

So many happy stories today And I can add to it, that I think I am finally heading the right direction again. I really think that may be my coach's scale is off. He weighed me in at 260 over 2 weeks ago and I just finally got there on my own scale. I think that was really depressing me because he kept recording it as a gain in the mean time. So onwards!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #43  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post

All I have to say is AMAZING! Way to be focused.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

It is so inspiring to read about everyone's scale victories and NSVs. I am down 1.4 this week for a total of 34, plus it is my TOM, which makes me super excited.

It is because of the support and tough love I get from this site that has helped me sometimes more than my coach. You guys and girls are great!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #45  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am feeling so down and sad today. Just last night one of my co-workers was killed on the job and he was just married a few months ago. I keep tearing up and can't imagine what his family is going through. It really makes me stop and think about what is important and that I need to let go of the little things I sometimes focus on, that are so unimportant. I will hold my loved ones close and tell them I love them.
Closed Thread