Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Just wanted to check in here. I started here when I got on the program July 29. I think I joined the group before that, but not sure. Anyway, I was on Phase 1 for 10.5 weeks losing 26 lbs! I would have been on fewer weeks, but I went on a 10 day vacation and ended up just maintaining. I am now DONE! I phased off the month of October after changing my goal weight (up 5 lbs) because I could see my ribs and I was already buying X-small clothes and size 4 pants and skirts! While on Phase 2 AND 3, I LOST more weight! So, I'm really glad I phased off when I did. Since being on Phase 4, I've gained about 4-5 lbs. I'm good with it! I'm still skinny And, still wearing my skinny clothes!!!

I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!!
thank you for posting this - you are a true inspiration
10 weeks and 26 lbs wow, I'm impress
you're very muscular, did you workout while on IP?

Last edited by Sunflower40; 11-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #17  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!
Buy them! You will definitely be wearing them soon!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #18  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
That's how I felt my first day, but you're smart to force it down. Hopefully you don't get a headache (I did for a day or so).

nolasmurf Are you feeling better today? It's cold here, too-- 23 feels like 20. But I think it'll be back in the 50s during the weekend.
Thanks for asking I am feeling a bit better. Still planning on taking it easy today, tho. My sweetie thinks that's half my problem is that in stressed from work.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Thanks for asking I am feeling a bit better. Still planning on taking it easy today, tho. My sweetie thinks that's half my problem is that in stressed from work.
Oh I hope you're home taking a sick day. Honestly I think we need days off just for our mental health sometimes.

First WI is for me today. I stood on the scale at home today and it showed a loss of 5.2lbs. Not as big of a Week 1 loss as some folks, but I'm pretty happy with it considering I was eating 90% paleo (so very low carb) prior to starting IP.

Will be curious to see if I lost any inches at my appointment today. My hips feel skinnier but my middle doesn't. I know this diet doesn't encourage exercise but I think I need to do a few planks to tone up.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #20  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
I just want to encourage everyone to stay on the program. DON'T Cheat!!! It will only prolong your success! You CAN do it!!! [/COLOR][/FONT]
Congratulations Hollly - you look so fantastic! Not just your body changes, but that smile on your face says it all. Very inspirational.
Kathy
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!! I have been on IP for two weeks now, and I need a little hand holding. I don't think I can stand another roasted vegetable, and I am starting to choke down my shakes and soups. On top of that, I strictly adhered to the diet, and yesterday I gained a pound. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I plan on sticking to the diet, but I am getting a little discouraged.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #22  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

in regards to chewing gum GNC, Vitamin Shoppe and amazon all sell SPRY Gum.. its quite yummy I'm chewing cinnamon at the moment ...
Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #23  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Good morning IPers!

Question for ya: My favorite store to buy jeans from is having a 40% off sale today. I have a pair of 10s in my closet that fit just fine (not really snug, not really loose). Should I be an optimist and buy a size 8 while they're on sale? I'm thinking about buying a pair and keeping the tags on until they fit. I just feel silly buying another pair of 10s while I'm on a diet, but I really want some grey jeans while they're on sale!
Buy them! They can be goal Pants!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #24  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Is anyone using the Pure Protein whey powder as an alternative? I'm seeing that a tub of that is only $18.00 at Walmart and thinking I could sub that in for a little variety. Since it's cooler outside,I think I could mix that with my coffee instead of the cold RTD. Looking for option for a "warm" breakfast instead of a shake.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #25  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Holly, you look fabulous! I love seeing goal photos! I really need to do a side by side full body picture.
I do as well but all my start photos show me looking all fat and grumpy. buahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylsma View Post
Good Morning!! I have been on IP for two weeks now, and I need a little hand holding. I don't think I can stand another roasted vegetable, and I am starting to choke down my shakes and soups. On top of that, I strictly adhered to the diet, and yesterday I gained a pound. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I plan on sticking to the diet, but I am getting a little discouraged.
Please don't get discouraged. Look back at your week, hopefully you are logging your food, and see what you did. Tune in to your body and see if you are bloated, cramping, dealing with the Big C. If you can't point to anything, simply remember that some weeks are going to be amazing, some are going to be frustrating, but it is precisely those frustrating week where you have to rise to the challenge and keep trucking along. You can do this.

Good morning all! Today is the day - P3! I have my meeting with my coach at 10:30 a.m. and am nervous as ****. I have been trying to see about a way to incorporate phasing off with maintaining a keto-adapted diet for exercise reading the Art and Science of ... Eh, i forget the name but Lisa always advises it. It is fascinating but I am still reading it. So, for the first week of P3 I am going to try to keep the carbs low so not to completely knock myself out of ketosis. I will chat with my coach about it.

Tons of work this morning so off I go. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #26  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: highest 352 S316/C296.5/G150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Good morning IPers! Happy, COLD, day here in Illinois.
Question for you all. I started IP 2 weeks ago. Today I checked my blood sugar and it was higher than it has been in a while. I thought my blood sugar was supposed to be regulating. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #27  
Ideally ME!

S/C/G: 227 / 200 / 140

Height: 4'10"

Good Morning!! I started IP in June and lost 20 lbs but I gave up. I do not know why but I am back and starting today. I am very nervous. For some reason, I never finish what I start when it comes to dieting and I am confident I will make this time different (which is what led me to this site!). I am hoping that some of you holding me accountable may help me along the way a little bit. I am hungry today but hoping it will past soon!! Any suggestions or ideas would be great!! Thanks!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Many have been there. too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot5711 View Post
Good Morning!! I started IP in June and lost 20 lbs but I gave up. I do not know why but I am back and starting today. I am very nervous. For some reason, I never finish what I start when it comes to dieting and I am confident I will make this time different (which is what led me to this site!). I am hoping that some of you holding me accountable may help me along the way a little bit. I am hungry today but hoping it will past soon!! Any suggestions or ideas would be great!! Thanks!
My first recommendation is to glance at one of the recent threads titled Restarting11/04/2013. These are not people who did the program long ago; they are people who fell off the program very recently and are stating back again. You may find some common grounds with them (and me!).

My second suggestion is to read and post - keep up with what is going on this site because there is lots of wisdom and experience here, as well as jst plain support through good and bad.

I found that starting back after three weeks off, it is a really tough road. You have to learn to live through the headaches, the hunger, cravings and whatever we all experience when we started the program. If you can hack it through a week or so of that, you may find it become easier and more automatic.

We are not perfect and we did not get overweight and out of shape by having good habits. You need to stand strong that YOU are in control of your health and life and there is not time to waste making the most of that. Do not let another day go by not being the person you know you can be. You are not alone and we will stand by you. Post your weights as you weigh in; become accountable in that sense. Discuss issues and challenges and you will get help.

Hang in there and just try to make TODAY a perfect day, then worry about tomorrow tomorrow!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good morning IPers!

Buy them! I bought a pair of pants yesterday (size 12) for only $8. Brand new and in a tall! Decided to hang them in the closet as I will be in them soon enough. Why spend extra on stuff when I need it? I'm using them as motivation to get there.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Great news for those who miss the Chicken Patty...they are being brought back.

They're also coming out with a Lemon Wafer now.
Closed Thread