IP Daily Chat Monday 11/11/2013

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!
    I am a notoriously slow loser as well, and I am down 57.6 lbs in just shy of 6months (including a 2 week trip to Europe where I phased off). I am THRILLED to be averaging 10lbs a month! It took me almost a year to lose 35 lbs on Jenny Craig, so I will take it!! Keep up the good work and you will be at goal in no time!
  • Feeling a bit better after some Tylenol and hot tea. I'm going to stop by the pharmacy after work and bit up some vitamin C and sugar free cough drops after work. I didn't make it this morning because I had to stop and get gas. The gas station I go to is small and all the school busses go there so I was stuck for 20 mins trying to get gas. UGH!

I have my biometric screening tomorrow for the company insurance, so I'm kinda excited to compare my numbers from last year to this year now that I've lost some weight.
  • Tomorrow with be the completion of my first full week of my reboot. Until today, I didn't update my current weight in my status. But, now I have because I have to face that fact that I allowed myself to gain back some of my weight loss. I did not phase off of IP, instead I hit goal, slipped perfectly into my gown for my son's wedding and then ate like a little piggy. Do yourself a favor, take the time to see the program all the way through.
  • Monday, Monday, can't trust that day...
    Happy Monday, all!

I am seeing tons of losses and NSV's being shared. Congrats, all! Keep it up! I am down about two more pounds to just over 151. Certainly looking forward to the 140's!

NOLASmurf, I sure hope your cold does not hit you like mine hit me. I am still coughing more than a week later! It just lingers, ugh... Feel better soon!

Super grateful to all our veterans and servicemen and women on this Veterans' Day. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

~ Renee
  • Congrats to all on NSV's and scale victories! I have not been posting much lately, but enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Nolasmurf I am sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you bounce back quickly.

Reenhag, congrats on your continued losses. You are always so upbeat. I love seeing your posts! Can't wait to celebrate with you when you hit the 140's.

Safetylady, I have been in maintenance for 3 weeks now and have fears of slipping back into old habits. It is challenging to control those carb cravings after I eat sweets. I find I was much more comfortable in P1 and P2. I need to find a balance that works for me. I feel better each week but I know this is an ongoing journey and does not end after P3. Thanks for your cautionary words.

Have a wonderful OP evening chicks!
  • Quote: I did not phase off of IP, instead I hit goal, slipped perfectly into my gown for my son's wedding and then ate like a little piggy. Do yourself a favor, take the time to see the program all the way through.
    Great advice, and I will tuck this away for future use, for sure!

Was VERY happy today with my weigh in. A couple of weeks ago I had a week-long 'binge' more or less - a bad case of the carb crazies! Since then, beginning last week, I have been diligent about sticking 100% to the program, and today I was rewarded with seeing a 5 lb loss on the scale!!!

Now, granted, I haven't weighed in 5 weeks, so this may not seem very exciting, but to me it is!! I'm still 5 lbs less than at my last weigh in, despite my slip up (I won't think about where I would be had I not lost that 2 week period of time - 1 week to gain, 1 week to take off what I gained ) Instead, I will just be grateful that I was able to get back on plan, rather than giving up as would have been my old pattern of behavior.

AND - I'm just 1 lb away from being in the 180's and very excited about that! Feels good to be in control again
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!
    I find it offensive that a couch wouldn't celebrate any loss that someone has. I am a slow loser and I would be very upset if a couch made me feel that way.
    OMG
    first of all, CONGRATS on 25 lbs, 2.6 for this WI AND 10/mo
    If my clinic had treated me like that, I'd have fired them very early-on and found a new one.
    We have several people here who have found new clinics due to various types of abuse and I think this fits the definition.

We all must remember we are paying customers and we are paying for a service and a BIG part of the service is to have supportive cheerleaders.

Any clinic that expects everyone to lose at a similar speed without taking into account the MANY individual differences needs to go back to "coach" school. Personally, I'd contact IP and let them know how one of their clinics is treating customers (esp since IP LOWERED the avg weeklyweight loss last year, and you are WELL within it!)

Again, many congrats and I'm so sorry you didn't get support a from your coach.
    10 is awesome My IP coach said that 10 was the goal...to try for 2.5 a week. Anything over is bonus. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing about our next 25 lbs loss.
  • Oof art class tonight was hard! Everyone brought in treats: donuts, cheesecake, chocolate cake, chips and salsa... I stayed on plan but man was that tough! This diet isn't too bad when I'm at home, but being out and about is tough.