IP Daily Chat Monday 11/11/2013

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!
  • I can't walk today! I decided to wear a pair of shoes that I had not worn in a while, and I realized they are now too big for me after I made it to the office. I'm walking like a duck trying to keep my shoes from coming off. I got rid of all my pre-IP clothes, but I failed to purge out my shoes. I guess I'll have to replace most of my shoes now.
  • Quote: I can't walk today! I decided to wear a pair of shoes that I had not worn in a while, and I realized they are now too big for me after I made it to the office. I'm walking like a duck trying to keep my shoes from coming off. I got rid of all my pre-IP clothes, but I failed to purge out my shoes. I guess I'll have to replace most of my shoes now.
    The image made me laugh!! Most people consider the way their clothes fit as a non-scale victory -- never thought about shoes~

Clearly a sign of PROGRESS! Way to go!
  • Quote: I also developed my plan to get ready for my 1st 5k mid-January, in connection with the holidays, snowboarding - and start on Thursday with Day 1 of the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. Definitely looking forward to it and got my new running shoes. Woot!
    Good for you!! I'll be thinking of you on 'day 1'. Its the hardest day!! Running really does have a steep and rewarding learning curve Not sure what the weather is like for you - but be mindful of what you wear. Running while freezing and sweating at the same time is really not fun (I live in VT!!!)
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!
    You have such a great attitude. I think you should be assertive and tell your clinic to STOP telling you that 12lbs is an expectation. 10lbs is great progress, and really I think consistent weight loss is better than losing 12lbs fast and then not losing at all

I think 10lbs is GREAT and I'm glad you to, too. Great job.
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I had my weigh in -2.6! Which means I made my first -25lbs and my first mini goal (and eyeshadow prize to go with it!!) now onto my next 25 which by the end of I will be at 157 which is so crazy to think! I made "low carb beef stew" for dinner last night, super tasty. My clinic is upset that I am not losing 12lbs a month which is what they want, I lose more like 10. I am honestly happy with what I am loosing, is that bad? I am notoriously a slow looser (on a 1200 a day calorie diet where I worked out and burned on top of that 300 or so calories a day I still only lost like 1lb). So 2 or so works for me! Plus I find this easier then just counting calories. I am nervous for the holidays but so far so good!
    Congrats!! 10# is a great monthly total.

Curious about your beef stew. Can you post the recipe?
  • Quote: You have such a great attitude. I think you should be assertive and tell your clinic to STOP telling you that 12lbs is an expectation. 10lbs is great progress, and really I think consistent weight loss is better than losing 12lbs fast and then not losing at all

I think 10lbs is GREAT and I'm glad you to, too. Great job.

Thank you! That makes me feel better.
  • Quote: Congrats!! 10# is a great monthly total.

Curious about your beef stew. Can you post the recipe?
    It was nothing super fancy,
    I browned off about a lb of beef stew meat that I dusted with a 0,0,0 cajun seasoning. Then added chopped up leeks, mushrooms and some peppers to the dutch oven and cooked them down. Then a 1lb package of pre-cut up turnips and a box of 0 carb beef broth and 1 can of chopped tomatoes with chilis (read the cans, there are huge differences in the amounts of carbs in these). Then I added one tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar and let it cook for about 3 hours. When serving I topped it with some cut up green onion. It was really tasty and satisfying.
  • Quote: It was nothing super fancy,
    I browned off about a lb of beef stew meat that I dusted with a 0,0,0 cajun seasoning. Then added chopped up leeks, mushrooms and some peppers to the dutch oven and cooked them down. Then a 1lb package of pre-cut up turnips and a box of 0 carb beef broth and 1 can of chopped tomatoes with chilis (read the cans, there are huge differences in the amounts of carbs in these). Then I added one tbl spoon of apple cider vinegar and let it cook for about 3 hours. When serving I topped it with some cut up green onion. It was really tasty and satisfying.

This sounds delish! I may try it this week!
  • I think the Cajun seasoning makes it, just make sure you read the packages before you buy one as a lot of them have sugar (and not a small amount! Some had sugar as the first or second ingredient!)
    That does sound yummy. It kind of reminds me Salisbury steak in away! Now that would be good IP comfort food
  • Tony's is a great seasoning that many 'cajuns' use. It is high in salt so I purchased the salt free version. Never thought about sugar being in it. I get so confused with labels and all the different names of sugar. Is Maltodextrin a sugar? If so, don't get the salt free tony's because it's in it. Although, I've been using it since I started IP and seem to be doing fine...here's the link for those of you who cannot get Tonys in your grocery

http://www.cajungrocer.com/tony-chac...seasoning.html
  • ah and I forgot about this one! My coach said it was OK to use Benoit's Best Seasoning!

http://www.cajungrocer.com/benoit-s-...ning-6-oz.html
    That sounds wonderful - going to have to give dh the recipe so he can make it! (Being married to a chef has it's advantages).

I just had the best lunch- made potato puree flat bread, sauteed up some bell peppers & onions and threw in an ounce of left over pork from last night, made an awesome sandwich type thing and very filling.
  • Maybe I can call this a personal NSV but I am to the point where my sugar cravings are almost nil (keyword ALMOST) and I can put off having my restricted until 2-3pm with a cup of tea or iced coffee when that major munchies bug strikes. PLUS I am not hungry during the day anymore, evening time is another story BUT I am working on that issue!