thai takeout

• Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone has ideas for some on plan thai takeout suggestions. Im a huge thai fan (chicken pad see ew is my fav!) and sometimes you just feel like takeout, but it can be hard to do takeout while staying 100% op! let me know if you have ever ordered take out thai and if you have any op ideas!
  • I know this doesn't check the take out box, but why not buy some Thai spices and cook an OP dish using stir fry veggies, the spices, and some NF chicken stock? You could use a packet (like chicken soup) along with Thai seasonings to make a sauce, and then eat with some chicken.

Nothing I've ever ordered from a Thai restaurant would be IP compliant, but I'll be interested to hear what others say.
  • Saw this on another thread...you might want to try it if you've got a hankering for thai food....

THAI PEANUT STIR FRY CHICKEN
    • 1 teaspoons cornstarch OPTIONAL (adds 10 calories and 2 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 fat, 0 protein)
    • 1/4 cup chicken broth
    • 2 TBSP walden farms peanut butter (original poster: i also added 1 TBSP powdered PB2 as I just don't like the WF peanut butter taste)
    • 1 tablespoons braggs amino acid or soy sauce
    • dash ground ginger
    • dash salt & pepper
    • 1- 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
    • 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    • 1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet orange peppers
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
    • 1/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
    • 1 teaspoon minced garlic

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth, will be a little lumpy....but will get smooth in the pan; set aside.
    In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1and1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
    Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes until soft but not caramelized. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
    Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.

I used peppers/cabbage/mushrooms as my veggies...cabbage was kind of noodle-y. Yum.

Lisa also mentioned: Xanthan gum can be used instead of cornstarch for a thickener