3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP daily chat Tuesday 11/5/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289467-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-11-5-2013-a.html)

kkids 11-05-2013 07:32 PM

I've been thinking about phasing off IP. I made my original goal, but wanted to try to get an additional 5 - 10 pounds off...they aren't budging! I've been at my initial goal for 2 weeks & no pounds have melted off since that date. I am still following the plan...crazy! I'm very pleased with where I am & while the extra 5 - 10 would be nice, I don't think I need to stress about it; especially since I weigh less than I did when my thyroid went whacko.

Slipfree 11-05-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenaj90 (Post 4877695)
hello IP'ers!:hat:
Today is only day 5 for me, and Im starting to get a little down and wonder if i should keep going...I think im just a very impatient person and I need help with that! I feel like the days are sloooowly passing by. (only been five days OP and it feels like a month to me)
any suggestions??
Hopefully everyone else is doing better than this!
:shrug::shrug::shrug::crossed:

Ellena- the first two weeks of IP were a struggle for me. I felt terrible. I had a constant headache -but by day 14, I felt great. In a little over a month, I have lost 22 pounds. It is worth the beginning struggle- just try to hang in there. Drink tons of water, herbal tea, and eat some dill pickles if you are starving.

emsmom97 11-05-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4877557)
Well this snow will "christen" everyones winter driving skills (for those who have them) I hope that the loonies get out and get the "I can't remember how to counter steer on an icy patch" out of their system. I am staying off the roads until late afternoon, for my own sanity and safety. We live in a college town and there are a bunch of cars around here that have warm weather -never -seen a snowflake-let alone drive in it plates!!!! No offense to my warm state IPers.

BUT it will be gone by Thursday. As for the headaches try eating some sea salt followed by water OR put some into your water (just a smidge will do) but if not try a up of tea OR migraine meds (tht is what I do)

Stay safe!

Sarahbell...where in MN are you? My son is at U of M - Twin Cities. He keeps me up to date on the snow since we really don't get it here in Washington....not that I miss it.

sarahBell 11-05-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmom97 (Post 4877759)
Sarahbell...where in MN are you? My son is at U of M - Twin Cities. He keeps me up to date on the snow since we really don't get it here in Washington....not that I miss it.

Mankato to be exact. it is starting to snow, they think we are going to get abt 2-4 now. BUT snow is snow and I love it!

emsmom97 11-05-2013 08:53 PM

Okay...is that near the Twin Cities? Glad you enjoy the snow. I lived in Chicago for years and hated the snow. Was glad to move to Southern California for a few years just to be done with it. Here...it's hit or miss. Last year it missed us...hoping it does again this year!

lisa32989 11-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yespositively (Post 4877348)
I'm obviously a total newbie, but my coach told me that we need to eat within 30-45 minutes of waking up, then every 3-4 hours thereafter. I had the breakfast packet as my meal and am planning to have my next packet as lunch, along with some veggies. I'll probably use the third packet some time after dinner like you mentioned since that's when I get snacky (coach said this should be before 8).

The eating within 30 minutes is a "coaches' rule". Many clinics have "house rules" about certain things.

Some people DO need to make sure veggies are consumed WITH a packet to reduce insulin surges. Others are less insulin resistent and can have their veggies between packets. This is a very individual thing.

I also saw you are worried about getting in all your veggies. Spinach works well in morning smoothies, 2 c veggies purees well into a lunch soup. Before long you'll be wishing you could have MORE veggies!

KareVT 11-05-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellenaj90 (Post 4877695)
hello IP'ers!:hat:
Today is only day 5 for me, and Im starting to get a little down and wonder if i should keep going...I think im just a very impatient person and I need help with that! I feel like the days are sloooowly passing by. (only been five days OP and it feels like a month to me)
any suggestions??
Hopefully everyone else is doing better than this!
:shrug::shrug::shrug::crossed:

ellenaj90 - Please try to commit at least two weeks to the program before deciding to give up. Two weeks is nothing, you can do it, just decide to dedicate yourself during this time and you will reap from the rewards.. Just you watch and see. Two weeks, c'mon! I betcha after 2 weeks you'll be hooked and glad you stayed OP :sunny:

lisa32989 11-05-2013 09:30 PM

Nsv

Boots!

I got 2 pair of "regular" boots (no wide calves)

I LOVE IP

So sad when people tell me they "can't" do it. I know it is really that they WON'T/refuse to.

emsmom97 11-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4877803)
Boots!

I got 2 pair of "regular" boots (no wide calves)

I LOVE IP

So sad when people tell me they "can't" do it. I know it is really that they WON'T/refuse to.

Congrats! Waiting for the day when I can do the same!!!

Slipfree 11-05-2013 09:43 PM

Yay Lisa! Funny, I have them measure my calf every two weeks, while visions of "Regular" boots dance in my head. So happy for you.

smileyt03 11-05-2013 10:00 PM

tried 2 shots of espresso with premade vanilla drink. I am in heaven with this treat!

yespositively 11-05-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkids (Post 4877723)
How exciting for you - day 1! Not sure why you have to eat within 30 minutes of waking...I can't do that b/c of one of my medications - no food for at least 45 - 1 hour after taking it.
Not sure I'd want to wake up earlier...I love that extra snooze in the morning :)

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't eat right away. I do have my coffee at home before I commute to work so I am starting to take in calories first thing. I'm going to get used to the routine of the diet (lots of prep work) before I try to rearrange my schedule. Glad to have this forum as a resource in addition to my coach.

yespositively 11-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4877792)
The eating within 30 minutes is a "coaches' rule". Many clinics have "house rules" about certain things.

Some people DO need to make sure veggies are consumed WITH a packet to reduce insulin surges. Others are less insulin resistent and can have their veggies between packets. This is a very individual thing.

I also saw you are worried about getting in all your veggies. Spinach works well in morning smoothies, 2 c veggies purees well into a lunch soup. Before long you'll be wishing you could have MORE veggies!

Good to know about the eating. I'm going to stick with what works for now.

I flunked vegetables today-- otherwise was OP. Got in one cup and some romaine with dinner. Since I am at work all day it's hard to imagine pureeing vegetables into a soup but I'll try to do more prep work over the weekend to help make my week easier. Starting this on a Tuesday is very difficult-- going to have to struggle through the week.

Also, 8oz of protein is crazy! I managed to eat six for dinner and had to call it a day. Tomorrow's another day, and hopefully this is easier.

ellenaj90 11-05-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KareVT (Post 4877795)
ellenaj90 - Please try to commit at least two weeks to the program before deciding to give up. Two weeks is nothing, you can do it, just decide to dedicate yourself during this time and you will reap from the rewards.. Just you watch and see. Two weeks, c'mon! I betcha after 2 weeks you'll be hooked and glad you stayed OP :sunny:

ok i deff will!:carrot:

ellenaj90 11-05-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4877733)
Ellena- the first two weeks of IP were a struggle for me. I felt terrible. I had a constant headache -but by day 14, I felt great. In a little over a month, I have lost 22 pounds. It is worth the beginning struggle- just try to hang in there. Drink tons of water, herbal tea, and eat some dill pickles if you are starving.

okay, thanks for the ideas! I deff will keep going!:carrot: