Does lettuce count toward your 4 cups of veggies?

• The sheet I was given does not say that lettuce is a Select Vegetable. It says 'Field Salad' though I'm not entirely sure what that is. I was told, however, that lettuce is unlimited. Therefore, if I eat lettuce, does it or does it not count toward my 4 cups of select veggies per day? (If I made a salad with lettuce, spinach, onions, cucumbers, etc. would I count everything but the lettuce??)
  • Quote: The sheet I was given does not say that lettuce is a Select Vegetable. It says 'Field Salad' though I'm not entirely sure what that is. I was told, however, that lettuce is unlimited. Therefore, if I eat lettuce, does it or does it not count toward my 4 cups of select veggies per day? (If I made a salad with lettuce, spinach, onions, cucumbers, etc. would I count everything but the lettuce??)
    It doesn't count, you can eat unlimited lettuce, this is if you are following the strict IP Program.
  • Quote: It doesn't count, you can eat unlimited lettuce, this is if you are following the strict IP Program.
    Aww bummer I am really having a hard time getting my veggies in. There are very few of the select veggies I like and I have not been brave enough yet to try the ones I'm not familiar with! Thank you!
  • Quote: Aww bummer I am really having a hard time getting my veggies in. There are very few of the select veggies I like and I have not been brave enough yet to try the ones I'm not familiar with! Thank you!
    Spinach and mixed greens are NOT considered lettuce...!!

Lettuce is only romaine, iceberg and things actually labeled in the produce dept as lettuce. The bags and boxes of mixed spring greens, arugula and other types of "mixed greens" are veggies...As I said..so is the spinach...does that help?
  • field salad is stuff that rabbits eat out on your lawn

that's unlimited in IP

; )
  • Quote: field salad is stuff that rabbits eat out on your lawn

that's unlimited in IP

; )
    Love this reply LOL
  • Try roasting your veggies, they are amazing and it takes self-control for me not to eat more than 4 cups/day!

Cauliflower, turnips, zucchini, asparagus, cabbage, okra, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.

I spread on a foil-lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder and roast until golden brown.

Try it!
  • I'm going to make aloo gobi tonight without the onions and potato. Hopefully it works out okay! The okra I made last week was okay but really could of used the cooked onions...
  • This has come up many times over the past few months so I asked my coach to check with IP headquarters.

Lettuce, which is unlimited = iceberg, boston, butter, bibb, romaine.

Arugula, spinach, field greens, radicchio, etc. must be counted toward veggies.