Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Kathie -
So sorry to hear of your loss. You will cherish your memories of your Mom forever. May you and your family find comfort in one another while you celebrate her life.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

65x65,

You have inherited your mother's gift with words. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories with us. I wish you comfort and peace. Hope that your nephew is able to join all of you.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #153  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

65, I will be thinking of you as you lay your mother to rest. It is so hard to lose your mother, and I know the hurt you feel in your heart. What a wonderful legacy she has left, in you. It is so true that we live on in our children. You are a testament to the wonderful person she was. I believe she is dancing in Heaven!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Good evening! I restarted yesterday, after maintaining a 100 pound loss for a year. I have been 100% OP for two days and feeling great. The last year went pretty well, I went up 7 pounds, but I am READY to lose the last 57 lbs. I forgot that i really like the feeling on IP, I feel so in control with my limited choice…I always know what is for dinner- 6-8 ounces of meat and 2 cups of veggies…easy peasy most of the time.

thank you all for being here with all your support…I hope to add daily support for others too.

nighty night!

Last edited by DoingitDeb; 11-10-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: misinfo
Old 11-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #155  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingitDeb View Post
Good evening! I restarted yesterday, after maintaining a 100 pound loss for a year. I have been 100% OP for two days and feeling great. The last year went pretty well, I went up 7 pounds, but I am READY to lose the last 57 lbs. I forgot that i really like the feeling on IP, I feel so in control with my limited choice…I always know what is for dinner- 6-8 ounces of meat and 2 cups of veggies…easy peasy most of the time.

thank you all for being here with all your support…I hope to add daily support for others too.

nighty night!
Congrats on maintaining such a huge loss for so long - what a great accomplishment! And welcome back!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #156  

Quote:
Maintaining 100 lb loss is fantastic! I'm so glad you have joined us. I agree on P1 being easy peasy most of the time.

I'm P4 and I'm finding if I have carb-heavy meals (I don't have total fun "days") I feel my feet & hands swell up. I don't like that feeling AT ALL and it will hopefully keep me grounded in a low carb lifestyle, which my body seems to prefer.

I was at a party last nite and enjoyed some treats (after 14 months of mostly P1). Noticed the pressure in my feet. I do.not.like that feeling! Today is a P1 day for sure! If it isn't gone, tomorrow and the next day will be too!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I went to my first ever consignment shop yesterday...I was in desperate need of jeans. Found a pair with the original tag on them ($189!) for $20!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 11-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I went to my first ever consignment shop yesterday...I was in desperate need of jeans. Found a pair with the original tag on them ($189!) for $20!
See why I only buy new when I can't find it 2nd-hand first?
Yay for your find!!! I LOVE it when the clothes still have original tags!

We have some really nice thrift shops so I don't even do consignment...I'd probably have taken my last clothes to the consignment shop but I'm not a fan of the snooty attitude there...they are super picky about labels. I get better deals at the thrift stores & I can drop everything at one place AND get a tax receipt.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
See why I only buy new when I can't find it 2nd-hand first?
Yay for your find!!! I LOVE it when the clothes still have original tags!

We have some really nice thrift shops so I don't even do consignment...I'd probably have taken my last clothes to the consignment shop but I'm not a fan of the snooty attitude there...they are super picky about labels. I get better deals at the thrift stores & I can drop everything at one place AND get a tax receipt.
The best part...it's a brand that I never would have fit into before (I believe they stop at size 14.)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Smile

Quote:

nighty night!
Hi Deb...good luck and congrats on starting up again. Wow...can't believe you kept off the weight for a year! You definitely have self control! It took only 6 months for me to gain back the almost 30lbs I lost when I was on the IP program about a year and a half ago.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Day 2 was better. I just started getting a slight headache but only the first today so that is a leg up from yesterday.

I tried the mushroom, celery puree on my chicken and cabbage tonite. Delish! I put like 4 spices in it (the fresh ones you squeeze out of the tube) and the taste was excellent. Even my hubby loved it. He told me that he was going to eat the same suppers as me so this will make it so much easier.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

IPN: Great shopping! What a bargain and what a NSV. I bet you'll be smiling everytime you wear them!

I've got to get myself to a second hand store now that I'm not plus sized and see what I can find.

My NSV: today I had my son take a picture of me in one leg of my old jeans. I saw it a magazine and saved 1 pair of my largest pants. I will think of this when i look in the mirror and still see what I thought was the old me.

Happy almost Monday everyone! Hope you all have a great week.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #163  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
Day 2 was better. I just started getting a slight headache but only the first today so that is a leg up from yesterday.

I tried the mushroom, celery puree on my chicken and cabbage tonite. Delish! I put like 4 spices in it (the fresh ones you squeeze out of the tube) and the taste was excellent. Even my hubby loved it. He told me that he was going to eat the same suppers as me so this will make it so much easier.
The headaches should disappear soon - I had them about the first week. Salt and tylenol or ibuprofen and some rest helped.

How wonderful that your dh is going to do the same dinners with you. Mine is doing the same thing - he just adds some carbs to his, etc. It works out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
My NSV: today I had my son take a picture of me in one leg of my old jeans. I saw it a magazine and saved 1 pair of my largest pants. I will think of this when i look in the mirror and still see what I thought was the old me.
Oh, that's awesome - congrats! (now we want to see the pic!) I saved a pair of my largest pants also, if I get to feeling like I'm not losing fast enough I put them on just to remind me of how far I've come.

Lazy day for me or, as dh put it, "still resting as per doctor's orders". He's been a nag this week making me take it easy. It's actually kind of cute, but don't tell him that.

Worked on my menus for the next 2 weeks since my coach is going away for TG and it's a one-woman office. I'm going to have to stick to the low fiber diet for at least two more weeks so I'm being a little creative with menus for work, etc. Having to stick to only one soy product a day makes it challenging but I can do it!

Have the day off tomorrow and plan on doing more of nothing.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default New jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
WOW - what a great find! Things like that make having to get new smaller clothes even more delicious.

We fortunately have a very large and very clean thrift store half a mile away. I have been going over 20 years, from when my kids were young, and not having to spend huge amounts of money on 'temporary' clothes is a relief.

They do well by me because they are likely to get all the clothes back in very good shape in a month or two or three!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #165  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
WOW - what a great find! Things like that make having to get new smaller clothes even more delicious.

We fortunately have a very large and very clean thrift store half a mile away. I have been going over 20 years, from when my kids were young, and not having to spend huge amounts of money on 'temporary' clothes is a relief.

They do well by me because they are likely to get all the clothes back in very good shape in a month or two or three!
My clinic has a pants exchange and has built up quite a collection. I "borrowed" a couple of pairs that only fit for a few weeks but it sure beats having to buy new!

Back to work for me today - a full day, I think, we'll see how I do.

Have a great 100% day everyone!
Closed Thread