Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #496  

Hi all,
I cheated last night and my stomach really hurts this am. I've been 100% for 6 weeks, lost a good amount of weight and really I was just feeling stubborn. I was really hungry, I had poorly planned and didn't have any packets on me. However, I feel like I wanted to test the waters so to speak. The pain I'm in this am, I've learned a cheat is not worth it (until I'm at phase 4 per the IP cheat meal instructions.) Second, as I anticipated, it didn't taste worth it either. Which just affirms what kept me OP for the first 6 weeks. A helpful thought when there was a pizza party at work, or cupcake party was that IP is only short term and once I've lost my weight I'll be able to enjoy all of those treats. So I'm OP today and I'm not sweating it. I don't anticipate anymore slip ups. I don't anticipate being on this plan more than 5 months if I do it 100%. I'm also going to chill out on exercising. I can't afford another packet and I recognize that I have been more hungry since exercising. I'm going to give my body a break and just focus on the eating.
Take care, everyone.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard206 View Post
Hi all,
I cheated last night and my stomach really hurts this am. I've been 100% for 6 weeks, lost a good amount of weight and really I was just feeling stubborn. I was really hungry, I had poorly planned and didn't have any packets on me. However, I feel like I wanted to test the waters so to speak. The pain I'm in this am, I've learned a cheat is not worth it (until I'm at phase 4 per the IP cheat meal instructions.) Second, as I anticipated, it didn't taste worth it either. Which just affirms what kept me OP for the first 6 weeks. A helpful thought when there was a pizza party at work, or cupcake party was that IP is only short term and once I've lost my weight I'll be able to enjoy all of those treats. So I'm OP today and I'm not sweating it. I don't anticipate anymore slip ups. I don't anticipate being on this plan more than 5 months if I do it 100%. I'm also going to chill out on exercising. I can't afford another packet and I recognize that I have been more hungry since exercising. I'm going to give my body a break and just focus on the eating.
Take care, everyone.
Way to get back on track!!!
Have you considered doing any alternative products? Prot-diet and Proti-thin products are MUCH cheaper ($13 for 7 packets) and similar taste/nutrition. EAS Carb Advantage shakes are, IMO, identical to IP except $5 for 4 shakes.
I use a mix of my favorite IP products but a lot of alternatives, because of the price.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #498  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard206 View Post
Hi all,
.... A helpful thought when there was a pizza party at work, or cupcake party was that IP is only short term and once I've lost my weight I'll be able to enjoy all of those treats. ....
Just a reminder, if we do what we always did, we'll get what we always got (which for me is overweight! LOL) Keep a thought to the discussions on the "later" plan. If you go back to eating the same ol' stuff afterwards, you'll end up like a bunch of us now doing this for the second time around. I hope you reach your 5 month goal, but it ain't over then That is just the beginning...

(sorry if this sounds preachy-- not meaning it to)
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #499  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

IP43 does make a point. I've been thinking really hard about sacrifices. I decided on what I was willing to give up, what I could remix and things that would be strictly moderated. For someone that loves food, it has taken me years to come to this.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #500  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Just a reminder, if we do what we always did, we'll get what we always got (which for me is overweight! LOL) Keep a thought to the discussions on the "later" plan. If you go back to eating the same ol' stuff afterwards, you'll end up like a bunch of us now doing this for the second time around. I hope you reach your 5 month goal, but it ain't over then That is just the beginning...

(sorry if this sounds preachy-- not meaning it to)
Another good answer...This is the truth with no %#!!@#!!

Not accepting that changes must be made regarding diet going forward will find you buying another ticket to solve your problem. And if it is on a different train than something that addresses carb intolerance it probably won't work. That is why some people need to do this more than once. Listen to the voices of experience...they are generous in sharing what happened to them. We should ALL be grateful for that willingness to share their knowledge.

Not saying it's easy.....just saying .....the diet is merely basic training...the war is waiting...maintenance is harder than the diet.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #501  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Not saying it's easy.....just saying .....the diet is merely basic training...the war is waiting...maintenance is harder than the diet.
IP43 signing up for duty -- ma'am, yes ma'am!

I loved your analogy! It's a great one.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
IP43 signing up for duty -- ma'am, yes ma'am!

I loved your analogy! It's a great one.
Thank-you...Your posts make me smile...you are ever so wise and your voice is clear and loud.

I am infrequent here these weeks as we are traveling much much..and soon to be out the door and up up and away again until late June...so I only catch things in snippets...YOU..keep up the good stuff!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I was so glad to find this thread! I can now identify myself as a 90%'er! I was wondering why my losses were smaller than normal, but as I've learned more about IP, I've realized I am not following it 100%. But I am ok with it, have seen steady losses each week, am now in my 4th week. It's actually re-assuring to see other folks who are being human and making IP successfully work for them, even if it's not to the letter.

My 10%'s have been:
- very likely over oil when cooking. Every day.
- have had an extra packet/bar on my TOM days (I was cranky, tired and irritable!)
- some Chinese seasonings which I doubt are on plan: some oyster sauce or black bean sauce when cooking. It's not excessive, but since my family dinners include my older Chinese parents, this saves me from cooking two separate meals. This happens eating out too, like running through Panda and getting steamed veggies and beef and broccoli. I know the beef and broccoli hasn't been cooked to IP protocol standards.
- an accidental carrot or grilled onion, here or there. Sometimes eating out with people it's not easy to discreetly pick out all the restricted veggies.
- Not taking all those darn supplements. I have yet to take an Omega-3 and I generally don't get through all my Cal-Mags.

There, I've said it. I don't believe they are egregious cheats, but it lets me stay on IP without going crazy. Like others, I feel like I've been to confessional.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheetea View Post
My 10%'s have been:

- Not taking all those darn supplements. I have yet to take an Omega-3 and I generally don't get through all my Cal-Mags.

There, I've said it. I don't believe they are egregious cheats, but it lets me stay on IP without going crazy. Like others, I feel like I've been to confessional.
Here's quite a number of scientific articles/studies on Nutrition Journal website concerning Omegas and Cal/D supplementation and their importance in fat utilization. You can scroll through or do a search. http://www.nutritionj.com/content

Quote from their 'About Nutrition Journal' page: "All articles published in Nutrition Journal are included in PubMed, the most widely used biomedical bibliographic database service, which is run by the US National Library of Medicine. Other bibliographic databases that index articles published in Nutrition Journal include:
Agricola
CABI
CAS
Cinahl
Citebase
Current contents
DOAJ
Embase
EmBiology
EmCare
Food Science and Technology Abstracts
Global Health
Google Scholar
Index Copernicus
MEDLINE
OAIster
PubMed
PubMed Central
Science Citation Index Expanded
SCImago
Scopus
SOCOLAR
Zetoc

The full text of all research articles is deposited in PubMed Central, the US National Library of Medicine's full-text repository of life science literature, and other digital archives including e-Depot (The Netherlands)." end quote

Moral of story - take your supplements for more success

Just keep on keepin' on. Go, Girls!

Liana
Old 05-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=canadjineh;5012925]Here's quite a number of scientific articles/studies on Nutrition Journal website concerning Omegas and Cal/D supplementation and their importance in fat utilization. You can scroll through or do a search. http://www.nutritionj.com/content

THANK YOU!! I needed this!! I've been doing really good taking my supplements, except for the two cal-mags that I am supposed to take with my snack!! I have a weekly pill container that I fill, but it only has an AM and PM so I often forget about the 2 Cal-Mags for my snack. I will be sure to remember now!!

Knowledge is power.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
*snip*

Moral of story - take your supplements for more success

Liana
ok, thanks for the info and encouragement. i have a hard time swallowing pills, so i am already grounding up my cal-mags in a shake, and i am getting the multivitamin and potassium down, but haven't been able to get to the omega-3's. i know, i'm such a wuss to not be able to swallow pills, but will give it another go!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
ok, thanks for the info and encouragement. i have a hard time swallowing pills, so i am already grounding up my cal-mags in a shake, and i am getting the multivitamin and potassium down, but haven't been able to get to the omega-3's. i know, i'm such a wuss to not be able to swallow pills, but will give it another go!
The Omega 3s are a pretty new addition to IP so not sure why all of a sudden after years without them they are now an addition.

??
Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #508  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Kellyc14;5012935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Here's quite a number of scientific articles/studies on Nutrition Journal website concerning Omegas and Cal/D supplementation and their importance in fat utilization. You can scroll through or do a search. http://www.nutritionj.com/content

THANK YOU!! I needed this!! I've been doing really good taking my supplements, except for the two cal-mags that I am supposed to take with my snack!! I have a weekly pill container that I fill, but it only has an AM and PM so I often forget about the 2 Cal-Mags for my snack. I will be sure to remember now!!

Knowledge is power.
I used to forget too. My coach told me to take them at bedtime. I leave a container beside my toothbrush. It doesn't gave to be with your snack. You just can't take them with your potassium.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #509  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
I know this problem is because of the size of the pills. My son can not take pills at all. The advice we were given to help though was to take the pills and then drink the water with a straw. You get that "suction" to help it go down rather than just letting it swim around in your mouth in water and then the water goes with the pill stuck to your tongue! LOL... not sure if this will work with the horse pill size things they give us, but may be worth a try
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #510  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
The Omega 3s are a pretty new addition to IP so not sure why all of a sudden after years without them they are now an addition.

??
Someone will have the official reason, but overall, they're just darn good for everything! My sons have ADHD and one "theory" is that Omega 3s will help as it is good for that front part of the brain where all decision making is made -- this helps with impulsivity control for ADHD. ... Lots of "studies" to say they are good. Probably just as many to say they are bad. I think with the minimal amount of oil we have, I just take them for better skin, hair, healing etc.
Closed Thread